Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

You know you are wrong ever time you chirp this sentiment.
At our peak,Saints would score 90 plus pretty much ever game If you don't do your homework maybe stop with the wrong commentary. It's annoying ever time you spout wrong stats.
Fair call

I take it back

Interesting, Owens who had a good first half has had a better year then the fore mentioned players?

I think Owens has the potential to be one of the top players in the AFL and so does Wanganeen-Milera (his best games are pretty close). The other players you mention are good players, or have the potential to be, in my opinion.

Even when he had elite forwards at his disposal, Saints under Lyon struggled to score any more than 12 goals
It's not personel it's the game plan
I hated RTB's game style with a passion. That said, he does seem to have evolved these days and for now I'm attributing most of our current issues to the weak midfield and dysfunctional forwards.

I think Owens has the potential to be one of the top players in the AFL and so does Wanganeen-Milera (his best games are pretty close). The other players you mention are good players, or have the potential to be, in my opinion.
OK. What makes you think Owens is up there with the Bonts and Fyfe's?

It's a big call mate.

Lots of LOLS at my post

Most was facts so I can only assume people are laughing at this part.

Bookmark this and let's see where things are at in 6 weeks, but it's a pretty reasonable expectation that you win home games against Freo and Gold Coast, if you can go on the road and almost beat GWS and Port (albeit they both had some injuries during the game).
So what if you finish 8th?

That's the entire point of this thread.

You need something better than a pick 12.

Darcy Wilson looks pretty good and he was around that pick, isn't Sydney's team based around good scouting and luck. Rowbottom was what pick? What about Errol? And Tom McCartin? I don't think it matters where you finish but yes it would be nice to get a top 5 pick like Melbourne and Sydney, didn't they play finals the year after their dip?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Wilson looks pretty good and he was around that pick, isn't Sydney's team based around good scouting and luck. Rowbottom was what pick? What about Errol? And Tom McCartin? I don't think it matters where you finish but yes it would be nice to get a top 5 pick like Melbourne and Sydney, didn't they play finals the year after their dip?
Wilson looks good. Good pick. Saints drafting has been bloody good lately in recent times.

Plenty of good players can be found in 20s and 30s

I’ve seen this place…..just near that dumpster place full of empty warehouses they call Arden st in North Melbourne..
It takes a Saints visit to add a bit of colour but it’s still a wasteland…
The image was fake, sorry

Should of but because they are a real ordinary team they didn't. Funny we get the pressure when a top 4 team couldnt put us away in the first quarter. Maybe question should be about Port and there goalkeeping which has happened before, kicking a large amount of points.
well you are not the only side or the 1st side to lose to Port in Adelaide Oval Narrowly.

Dockers are in company with your saints in 2024 on that category.

Do we?

Almost every player rated as having high potential on our list was taken at pick 10 or lower (Max King the exception) while all the early draft picks we had for years never eventuated into stars despite the draft position. High end talent can be found anywhere if it is developed correctly.

If we finished in that 8th-10th spot again, it just means we have the chance to draft another NWM or Phillipou or Wilson, which every Saints fan would be happy with.

Do we?

Almost every player rated as having high potential on our list was taken at pick 10 or lower (Max King the exception) while all the early draft picks we had for years never eventuated into stars despite the draft position.
Spot on

Coffield (8), Clark(7), Billings (3), McCartin (1) all disappointments- albeit there's been some injury issues. Nonetheless none reached expectations.

Meanwhile our best players are mature aged recruits (Wilkie, Marshall), someone we traded a 2nd round pick for (Steele) and someone we drafted in the rookie draft as a 19 year old (Sinclair).

Geelong's the 2nd premiership favourite and they won a flag 2 years ago and they haven't bottomed out in 20 years. Sydney's the 3rd and they've also not bottomed out in 20 years. Yes they have academies and other advantages. But it's possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back