Draft Watcher Slice of Pie: 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the sounds of it, Sydney have settled on Flanders and Adelaide if not McAsey will take Stephens. So the scenario plays out the same way.

If in the odd chance one does get picked, I reckon it depends which one. Like if Serong got taken early then I'd expect one of Robertson/Stephens to go with Young. If Young got picked early, then they might even consider Flanders/Serong. There's a chance that Fremantle do opt for Robertson/Stephens, but they aren't picking Serong just because he's good mates with Young. I'm sure they are all able to get along having come through the AFL Academy.

I'm confident in the top four is done and dusted - Rowell, Anderson, Jackson, Ash. Flanders sounds 85% done to Swans. Crows then probably 60/40 McAsey/Stephens.

We can't pretend to know exactly what they might do because strange things happen, but all I know is speaking indirectly to Caleb is he's expecting to be heading to Fremantle.
Well that's amazing. Not the actual picks/players, but that the clubs let intel out about what they will be doing. I much prefer the club to keep things tight. Thanks for the insight.

Well that's amazing. Not the actual picks/players, but that the clubs let intel out about what they will be doing. I much prefer the club to keep things tight. Thanks for the insight.
I think it is more like a flow-on effect in the first case - Rowell and Anderson are no secret so it doesn't worry Dees if Jackson pick gets known, then same deal for GWS for Ash etc. It's usually only once picks get all but confirmed it happens.

As I said, clubs often commit to players at different levels, but every individual club is different because things change. A firm commitment might come with a possible clause if a certain player dropped or there was a surprise like a medical issue or something like that. Whereas another club may stick to its guns and pick a player regardless once they've committed. Or a third type where the clubs don't guarantee anyone anything - this becomes basically every club once it drops outside the top 30.

I'm sure 18 clubs would say to Matt Rowell tongue-in-cheek "if you're there at our pick we will pick you".

With so much smokescreens going on, it's hard to filter through fact from fiction, but you can't get any closer than Caleb himself in this scenario, so if Fremantle don't pick him, then it will be a shock to him basically.

Some discussion on the RFC board as to taking a KPP v a mid at our first pick. Do you think we should take De Koning/Jones with our first and then mids/smaller types later on? The argument being there not being such a huge difference between mids at our first and second picks and that the KPP's possibly available at our first could turn out to be high end players.

I think it is more like a flow-on effect in the first case - Rowell and Anderson are no secret so it doesn't worry Dees if Jackson pick gets known, then same deal for GWS for Ash etc. It's usually only once picks get all but confirmed it happens.

As I said, clubs often commit to players at different levels, but every individual club is different because things change. A firm commitment might come with a possible clause if a certain player dropped or there was a surprise like a medical issue or something like that. Whereas another club may stick to its guns and pick a player regardless once they've committed. Or a third type where the clubs don't guarantee anyone anything - this becomes basically every club once it drops outside the top 30.

I'm sure 18 clubs would say to Matt Rowell tongue-in-cheek "if you're there at our pick we will pick you".

With so much smokescreens going on, it's hard to filter through fact from fiction, but you can't get any closer than Caleb himself in this scenario, so if Fremantle don't pick him, then it will be a shock to him basically.

How did serong sound about coming to freo? Possibly he is less of a flight risk than Stephens, who has inferred he’d like to stay in Adelaide, or if not Melbourne.

Some discussion on the RFC board as to taking a KPP v a mid at our first pick. Do you think we should take De Koning/Jones with our first and then mids/smaller types later on? The argument being there not being such a huge difference between mids at our first and second picks and that the KPP's possibly available at our first could turn out to be high end players.
I don't think Jones will be there at your first pick, and De Koning might not either. I get the feeling Tiges will go one of C Stephens/Rivers with a slight chance of Bianco if available. At your next pick you will have the likes of Hilder, Finlay, maybe Comben, Sharman Jamieson etc. who I expect you'll take a tall with one of your picks then.

Can i put my order in now for Richmond if you have not got to our picks yet

#19. - Richmond Cooper Stephens 17/01/2001 | 189cm | 83kg | Inside Midfielder
#38. - Richmond - Mitch Georgiades 28/09/2001 | 192cm | 87kg | Tall Forward
#39. - Richmond - Sam Phillip 04/08/2001 | 186cm | 79kg | Inside Midfielder
#41. - Richmond - Brock Smith 13/03/2001 | 189cm | 82kg | Defender / Midfielder

;)
Tehe, "can I put in my order now for Richmond..?"

I'll do the same for Pie 4 Life

Pick 31; Jeremy Sharp
Pick 33; Sam Philp
Pick 61; Jake Riccardi
Pick 64; Nick Bryan

If only it could work out like that

Tehe, "can I put in my order now for Richmond..?"

I'll do the same for Pie 4 Life

Pick 31; Jeremy Sharp
Pick 33; Sam Philp
Pick 61; Jake Riccardi
Pick 64; Nick Bryan

If only it could work out like that
With the increasing rate of KPF needs, it's looking like most will be taken as reaches rather than sliders. Aka if you want Riccardi it will need to be 33. Every chance the top 6-7 are off the board before Pick 30.

With the increasing rate of KPF needs, it's looking like most will be taken as reaches rather than sliders. Aka if you want Riccardi it will need to be 33. Every chance the top 6-7 are off the board before Pick 30.

I was hoping Adrian Dodoro would get creative with the picks in our hands (31, 33, 61, 64, 65, 80) and try to move up the order.

Riccardi will be gone by 61 but he fits us perfectly. Would move up in a heartbeat to select him.

Hi Pie 4 Life , I see your coverage of the draft starts at 6.45pm and afl.com start theirs at 6.30pm (AEDT), do you or anyone in Big Footy land know what time they actually start calling out the names?
7pm the official coverage starts with 7.05 I assume is the first pick (As there is a mandatory five mins)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pete any mail on where Jay Rantall thinks he's going, I've heard the Crows have shown interest especially of late so I'm hoping he's still there at #23.
I've got a brief thing on him going up today. Get the feeling he will be in that Richmond to Adelaide group from last pick of round one to those two picks the Crows have in Round 2. Thinking most likely Brisbane or Crows at this stage.

sorry to bother you, Pie 4 Life but which page contains your Phantom, please?

Who are your academy selections for the northern clubs
Keidean Coleman and Noah Cumberland for Brisbane.
Ryan Gilmore, Josh Gore, Dirk Koenen for Gold Coast (given you have free access to them I figure why bother nominating them if you're not going to use your extra spots).
Liam Delahunty for GWS (assuming he's there), a chance of Matt McGrory. James Peatling a minor chance.
Sydney not sure, they have a lot they have nominated but Luke Parks and Hamish Ellem the two highest in consideration, though I also rate Sam Gaden and would give him a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back