Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 13 - West Coast Wonders v Las Vegas Bears v Dingster's 500th Game at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, folks, due to budget constraints and a severe shortage of attention spans, we'll have to skip over games 498 to 2. Let's just say they were all masterpieces of Qootballing excellence and leave it at that. Now, without further ado, let's dive into the grand finale: Game 1

Thor Rating:
View attachment 1971586

Game 1:
In the annals of Dingster's illustrious career, one game stands out as a beacon of his brilliance. It wasn't just a match, it was a masterclass in qootball excellence.
Season 22, Round 6. Dingster took to the field like the mighty Thor wielding his hammer, unleashing his full potential with unparalleled precision and power. With 18 kicks, 10 handballs, 11 tackles, and 4 goals, Dingster's performance was nothing short of heroic. He thundered across the field, leaving opponents trembling in his wake and fans roaring with excitement. This sensational display earned him a whopping 143 Dream Team points, solidifying his place among the qootballing gods. Like a thunderbolt from the heavens, Dingster's dominance reverberated throughout the Stadium in the Sky, a spectacle worthy of the halls of Valhalla.

Thor Rating:
Thor+Banner.jpg
We should discuss Dingster favourite game of all time, the day he met me, my debut match.

Don't worry, I'll only make 80% of this about me, I'm not a complete narcissist. Just a self indulgent one.

It was a sunny Sunday afternoon at Stadium in the sky when a fresh faced rookie with a different name back then was welcomed to this great game, wet behind the ears, and with no idea what Sunday Qootball entailed, or just how much easier (translation: lazier) you could take this game and still dominate.

The forward line was elite this day, yours truly commanding a forward pocket and his able support just ahead at HFF with Bears HoF'er kane249 . Another wet behind the ears rookie was playing the other forward pocket and wedged between us Mrs Filth Wizard aka Miss Kate. The human blister out on his wing, brahj Mahal in the ruck and the Vegas court jester Quivorir next to Jum at rover and ruck rover.

It was a solid start for us, but more importantly me, 3 goals in a 9 goal opening term cementing my place as a great Vegas forward in Q1 of Game 1.

The play by play action expertly delivered by Millky95 who opted not to go for the philreich method of dragging it out for what feels like weeks. But I digress, less about them and more about Dingster me.

Q2 was no different for the Bears as we again piled on more pain for the bandits - yes the bombers had a cooler schtick back then - and nearly amassed 100 points by half time. Must have been fuming at the human blister Matera92 kicking a goal as the quarter was a quiet one, this appears to be ground zero for our storied rivalry.

Half time oranges and a team talk from whatever coach I've probably forgotten we buried and the second half starts the same way the first did. Kane-o banging it through the sticks and yours truly having no trouble dominating this piss easy sport.

The last quarter is where it got ugly. The bears manage to get the score to 180 and beat the bandits by 10 goals. And boy are the stats just absolute fire.

Wise Guy Sam 31 touches.
Human blister 45 disposals and a goal.
Brahj Mahal 20 hitouts 31 disp and 3.4
Miss Kate 5 goals.
Kane 36 and 4.4
And some rookie kicked 8.3 from a pocket.

But most importantly in a game where we literally gave every bear a lick of the icecream so to speak somehow Dingster only managed 4 touches, which just goes to show, to reach 500 games in this league you don't need to be good, you just need to keep breathing.

And what's the point of doing well anyway, M92 will just rig the BnF anyway.

Congrats on 500 games Dingster old buddy.

We should discuss Dingster favourite game of all time, the day he met me, my debut match.

Don't worry, I'll only make 80% of this about me, I'm not a complete narcissist. Just a self indulgent one.

It was a sunny Sunday afternoon at Stadium in the sky when a fresh faced rookie with a different name back then was welcomed to this great game, wet behind the ears, and with no idea what Sunday Qootball entailed, or just how much easier (translation: lazier) you could take this game and still dominate.

The forward line was elite this day, yours truly commanding a forward pocket and his able support just ahead at HFF with Bears HoF'er kane249 . Another wet behind the ears rookie was playing the other forward pocket and wedged between us Mrs Filth Wizard aka Miss Kate. The human blister out on his wing, brahj Mahal in the ruck and the Vegas court jester Quivorir next to Jum at rover and ruck rover.

It was a solid start for us, but more importantly me, 3 goals in a 9 goal opening term cementing my place as a great Vegas forward in Q1 of Game 1.

The play by play action expertly delivered by Millky95 who opted not to go for the philreich method of dragging it out for what feels like weeks. But I digress, less about them and more about Dingster me.

Q2 was no different for the Bears as we again piled on more pain for the bandits - yes the bombers had a cooler schtick back then - and nearly amassed 100 points by half time. Must have been fuming at the human blister Matera92 kicking a goal as the quarter was a quiet one, this appears to be ground zero for our storied rivalry.

Half time oranges and a team talk from whatever coach I've probably forgotten we buried and the second half starts the same way the first did. Kane-o banging it through the sticks and yours truly having no trouble dominating this piss easy sport.

The last quarter is where it got ugly. The bears manage to get the score to 180 and beat the bandits by 10 goals. And boy are the stats just absolute fire.

Wise Guy Sam 31 touches.
Human blister 45 disposals and a goal.
Brahj Mahal 20 hitouts 31 disp and 3.4
Miss Kate 5 goals.
Kane 36 and 4.4
And some rookie kicked 8.3 from a pocket.

But most importantly in a game where we literally gave every bear a lick of the icecream so to speak somehow Dingster only managed 4 touches, which just goes to show, to reach 500 games in this league you don't need to be good, you just need to keep breathing.

And what's the point of doing well anyway, M92 will just rig the BnF anyway.

Congrats on 500 games Dingster old buddy.
Can anyone join this discussion or is it just a wall of diatribe bought to you with the assistance of a chatbot who hasn't learnt that humans eyes glaze over after 25 words.
Attention spans are getting shorter, pithiness is to be applauded in effective communication with humans...oh and they are rather partial to a soupçon of humour thrown in to keep their interest. Human example below in 25 words.

We all love the Dingster, a sterling player in the league, a stayer for the 500th time, he is Bearing up and polishing the dream.

Ronnie I don't care what position I play or how many stats I get. I just want Sizzlers!!
Just need to win more
Last year I felt like an emperor with Devine buffets most weeks.
Actually being your 500ths you should choose the venue!
Where are we eating dingster to celebrate the win and your achievement on Sunday

Just need to win more
Where are we eating dingster to celebrate the win and your achievement on Sunday
His waiting for us at Sizzler's already

Ding at sizzler.jpg

Just need to win more

His waiting for us at Sizzler's already

View attachment 1972114
Sizzlers it is. Like burying coach Walken, it's becoming part of the Las Vegas lore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Wonders are forward planning for its next gen of players, having established training schools around the world from which to potentially recruit.

Usually using a rounder and more locally prevalent ball than an Aussie Rules one to identify and incubate potential future recruits.

How to identify the next gen of talent on the forum posting side of the game is a bit trickier, and probably not worth focusing on at the moment given the possibilities for the evolution of social media tech, and how long before future versions of the game SIM will be integrated with smart glasses and AI to provide a full audio-visual match, a realistic crowd, and advanced customisation options that make the current txt based SIM games look like they are from the Age of the Dinosaurs.

The Wonders are forward planning for its next gen of players, having established training schools around the world from which to potentially recruit.

Usually using a rounder and more locally prevalent ball than an Aussie Rules one to identify and incubate potential future recruits.

How to identify the next gen of talent on the forum posting side of the game is a bit trickier, and probably not worth focusing on at the moment given the possibilities for the evolution of social media tech, and how long before future versions of the game SIM will be integrated with smart glasses and AI to provide a full audio-visual match, a realistic crowd, and advanced customisation options that make the current txt based SIM games look like they are from the Age of the Dinosaurs.

Soccer Falling GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back