Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 13 - West Coast Wonders v Las Vegas Bears v Dingster's 500th Game at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all and welcome to the thirteenth round of the thirty seventh season of the Sweet FA, I’m your host Chef Bob coming to you live from the Colosseum. This week we see the West Coast Wonders host the Las Vegas Bears in a match that will certainly go down in history as an example of simulated football. Qooty I believe they call it. Odd looking concept, but there’s something about it. Almost hypnotic. Tell you what I like though, and that’s scran.

“What the heck is scran anyway, Chef Bob?” I hear you type. A fair and relevant question it is too. It has a few different yet related meanings, but the most common one refers to food of questionable quality. Originating in the north of England and Scotland, it has been popularised in recent times when describing fast food served at sporting venues. And today friends I hijack this week’s match thread opening posts by bringing to you several examples of the food served up at qooty grounds around Sweet, this time from the Colosseum.

Sweet, I give to you…

1713830722808.png

The West Coast Wonders have repurposed (some would say squatting in) the Colosseum as a qooty ground, and have used it as their home base for many a season now. Pretty much everything is made of stone, including their Pizza con Diavola e Calcolo (CM8.95 per slice).

1713831870014.png

They also have the Et Tu Brutus, a rock hard bun stabbed in the back with what looks like pork jerky (CM14.95):

1713849336957.png

But just like Lakeside Oval in South Melbourne, the best thing about the qooty scran experience at the Colosseum is the old blokes walking around the place selling bags of just the weirdest crap you could think of.

1713831907523.png

Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Dromedary pretzels. Tuscany-fried bats. I tried the Wolf nipple chips (CM6 a bag), got them while they’re hot and they were lovely!

Chef Bob’s Scran Rating:

1713831951499.png

Regarding the qooty, the Wonders are 3rd on the ladder with a record of 6 & 5 and the Bears are 10th on the ladder with a record of 4 & 7 so let’s go with that sure why not – Wonders by 16.

Players to watch out for are [checks notes] dogs105 Cubs2Lions DenieD Millky95 Tandy & Cap.

Captains please do the needful before midnight WA Bias time this coming Friday 1.

Bon Appétit, friends!​

Nice one Tonga Bob

Welcome Wonders and welcome to the SFA Pamcake1 BFew BigChippa52 Oisin_the_Goat dino_67 from the Bears:

Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bears, pack your bags and grab your passports because this week we're jetting off to Italy to take on the Wonders! Italy, the land of pasta, pizza, and plenty of wonders (hence the name, I guess), offers us a chance to explore beyond the Qooty field. While you're here, be sure to check out Michelangelo's David, a masterpiece inspired by none other than our very own Test Tickle. And fear not, the stench of cheese has apparently vanished, so you can breathe in that fresh Italian air without any funky smells.

testy statue.png

But wait, there's more! This week, we're not just playing Qooty, we're celebrating a legend of the SFA, our very own Dingster. Our premiership co-captain is playing 500th game. He's not just a Bears legend, he's a league legend, and it's time to roll out the red carpet and give him the celebration he deserves. So come on in, show him some love, and let's make Dingster's 500th game week one to remember! Go Bears!

Dingster 500.png
Art Vandelay_ Cap Chipmunk CountryLad Dingster Electronic_Renaissance Fizzler Grin guero HawkPatrol I Dont Care Jezmiester40 JoseMourinho JoshWoodenSpoon kane249 Matera92 Millky95 Muddiemoose MWPP RonnieRaven RookiePick Senor M Shadow Man Tandy Test Tickle Tommycash

I only hope we can get the skipper out of jail on the trumped up charges before team announcement.
He couldn't have done it. I was the one that buried the feckless "coach".
The good lawyers at Bearly Legal will have him out in no time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back