SEASON 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakky slammed on 4 goals in the first 10 mins and looked comfortable until the rain started in the 3rd qtr. Monbulk were better at it the conditions and pulled back from 43 to 17 pts just going into time on in the last. In the slippery conditions Pakky couldn’t use there outside run and in tight Monbulk got on top and did look a sneaky chance at one stage.
Certainly enjoyed the game! Well done to both teams.

Outer East determined to hold Berwick to their contract, Wickers confident of having the numbers to be accepted by EFL......

Outer East determined to hold Berwick to their contract, Wickers confident of having the numbers to be accepted by EFL......
I find it farcical that the commission would hold them. And I reckon it would invite a lot of ill will from within their own club ranks.

Commission upset that Berwick haven’t allowed them the opportunity to get things right. My personal view is, if they want to leave , don’t stop them.

Commission upset that Berwick haven’t allowed them the opportunity to get things right. My personal view is, if they want to leave , don’t stop them.
Doesn’t matter as what I’m hearing is Berwick have been told “no thanks”.
Interesting concept clubs acting in their own best interests as collective. Wish it had of caught on up the hill....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t matter as what I’m hearing is Berwick have been told “no thanks”.
Interesting concept clubs acting in their own best interests as collective. Wish it had of caught on up the hill....
Any official confirmation of this as yet?

100% Berwick wont be playing the EFL in 2020. Clubs overwhelmingly voted against the motion to allow them in.

What’s wrong with that? They are all in the east of Melbourne.

It’s a huge league they’ll all find their spots.

No thanks. And obviously that is the overwhelming feeling from the EFL clubs too.

Unlike some other leagues the EFL clubs are very aware that they have the control of what happens to their league.

If Berwick have been rejected by EFL then that appears to lock in Premier Division for next year now as the following 10 team division:

Berwick
Narre Warren
Beaconsfield
Cranbourne
Woori Yallock
Wandin
Olinda-Ferny Creek
Upwey-Tecoma
Doveton
Pakenham

Very surprised clubs voted against. EFL should be welcoming to a strong club.

The EFL is a huge league though, it’s hard to put them all in one basket.

The Premier clubs, especially the top few who are essentially VFL-level sides, are probably none too fussed with Berwick being in the league.

There’s probably also 20 or 30 clubs that don’t need them though - another club with (relatively) endless supplies of players, that they can’t compete with, coming along to beat them up. Why would they want them?

The whole South East (SFL, SEFL, MPNFL) is a problem that AFL Vic has refused to fix, and it’ll continue until it pulls finger and does something. The problem has spread has destroyed the YVMDFL, I’m sure there’s more than a few in the EFL (particularly the middle to lower divisions) who’ve seen that aren’t too keen for it to spread into their league too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back