SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Berwick Springs tell the League you want to come into DIV 1 seems its all good to do what you want now.

Their post was all over the shop but I think it was referring to Berwick Springs being winless on the bottom of the ladder in Premier and requesting to move to Div 1 to win some games.
Will admit, I’m a part of Berwick Springs. Not been great so far in terms of wins/losses, but we’ve been competitive in most of our games I’d say… (Woori and Upwey not withstanding)

Got ran over by Gembrook in the last quarter, a goal and some change down against Pakky. Wins will come, we’re doing our best in a new division to be competitive.

Will admit, I’m a part of Berwick Springs. Not been great so far in terms of wins/losses, but we’ve been competitive in most of our games I’d say… (Woori and Upwey not withstanding)

Got ran over by Gembrook in the last quarter, a goal and some change down against Pakky. Wins will come, we’re doing our best in a new division to be competitive.

Wasn't having a crack just pointing out the ridiculousness of the situation when you can move grades mid season.

I played against you guys in . . . I’m going to say 22? (Feels like a lifetime ago now haha).
At that point in time the consensus was you would eventually outgrow Div 2 anyway given how much natural improvement you’d get with the list you had (just needed a bit more size & experience).
Hopefully you all stick together as successful tastes a lot sweeter when it’s with your mates and guys you battled through the tough times with!

I played against you guys in . . . I’m going to say 22? (Feels like a lifetime ago now haha).
At that point in time the consensus was you would eventually outgrow Div 2 anyway given how much natural improvement you’d get with the list you had (just needed a bit more size & experience).
Hopefully you all stick together as successful tastes a lot sweeter when it’s with your mates and guys you battled through the tough times with!
Hopefully comes soon haha… it’s definitely a jump from div 1 to premier. We’ve lost a fair few tall blokes as well over the offseason or to injuries so it makes it a bit tougher this year but long term development is looking alright, a lot of senior players who have stuck around and help drive culture and standards has helped heaps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

first time poster long time watcher.

Are the rumours true that a couple powelly boys got offered a week for ‘wrestling’ against Seville? What’s this world coming to

Umpiring at Healesville today left the crowd bemused. For a person who is in charge of the umps some of his decisions were nothing short of comical.
He’s absolutely ridiculous. The games I’ve seen him do have been the most over officiated games ever. Frustrating for spectators so I can only imagine how it’d be as a player. 🥴

He’s absolutely ridiculous. The games I’ve seen him do have been the most over officiated games ever. Frustrating for spectators so I can only imagine how it’d be as a player. 🥴

The quality of our umpiring is a symptom of the overall leadership of our league. Much like our league leaders, you don’t attract quality people with diversity of thinking and skills for overall better decision making with a leader who has consistently failed over a long period.
The list in the last 6 weeks is staggering!
Any business in the country with this sort of track record would have terminated their Chairman/CEO or he/she would have had enough self awareness to step down for the betterment of the business long term.
The challenges of attracting the right people to run our league, officiate our games, play within our clubs and volunteer to run our clubs all starts with leadership. Good businesses attract good people.
The quality of our umpires is as bad as I’ve ever seen but I’m not sure you can blame them as it’s the last place I’d want to work.
The change of a new CEO with the same puppeteer pulling the strings in no change at all and there’s certainly no ownership or accountability.
Frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The quality of our umpiring is a symptom of the overall leadership of our league. Much like our league leaders, you don’t attract quality people with diversity of thinking and skills for overall better decision making with a leader who has consistently failed over a long period.
The list in the last 6 weeks is staggering!
Any business in the country with this sort of track record would have terminated their Chairman/CEO or he/she would have had enough self awareness to step down for the betterment of the business long term.
The challenges of attracting the right people to run our league, officiate our games, play within our clubs and volunteer to run our clubs all starts with leadership. Good businesses attract good people.
The quality of our umpires is as bad as I’ve ever seen but I’m not sure you can blame them as it’s the last place I’d want to work.
The change of a new CEO with the same puppeteer pulling the strings in no change at all and there’s certainly no ownership or accountability.
Frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Apparently in the reserves at Healesville yesterday, 2 interchange infringement free kicks were paid!

Has that ever been paid in our comp ? Let alone the Reserves ?
The bloke is the worst umpire I think I’ve seen

Umpiring at Healesville today left the crowd bemused. For a person who is in charge of the umps some of his decisions were nothing short of comical.
How he was ever appointed to be a senior coach of an umpiring group is beyond me. He has been asked to leave many umpiring groups over the years due to his behaviour and poor attitude. I just could not believe he was appointed to the role. The league has had many good umpire coaches over the years this will not be one of the better ones. You also need to ask why is he umpiring? Should he be going to various grounds/ fixtures to watch umpires.

Can I say the standard in the league is no worse (maybe even better) than some of the leagues that I go and watch. Some umpiring standards are deplorable and the quality of people coaching them are not much better. No disrespect MIW, the standard in the Eastern FNL is not much better either going by what I have seen in recent times.

Interesting seeing Healesville playing at it's max points with Levi Greenwood being a 8 pointer!
Don't think I've ever seen that, always thought 5-6 was the most a player could be.
What is really unique is they had 16 players who were 1 pointers. Then x4 players on 5 points and Greenwood who are taking up the bulk of their allocation.

Another odd thing I've found on playHQ is this league has an U19's league of x6 sides and then an U18's league of another x6 sides.
There must be some rationale to this but could someone elaborate on the reasoning for spreading the teams out?

Interesting seeing Healesville playing at it's max points with Levi Greenwood being a 8 pointer!
Don't think I've ever seen that, always thought 5-6 was the most a player could be.
What is really unique is they had 16 players who were 1 pointers. Then x4 players on 5 points and Greenwood who are taking up the bulk of their allocation.

I thought it could only be 6 as well.
He must cop an extra point each for going from a “premier” to not premier comp and for club hopping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back