Official Team Thread Roys FFC S37 Community Rooms - Glorious Disarray!

Remove this Banner Ad

Team selection day! Selection and position can be mildly gamed through participation.

rffc_teamsheet_changes.gif

Game Day! Be there this arvo to watch the Roys try conclusions with the Mt Buller Demons at the Snowdome!
royslogogif1.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team effort lol
Animation Lying GIF

Team effort lol
Actually today really was a team effort. If you look at the after-match stats, nearly everybody contributed consistently! The only ones who had a low DT count were those who spend heaps of time on the bench!

Still waiting for Mooch to return from extreme travails, so no qooty stats for now. But I can offer up participation stats out of my own warehousing.

royspartstatsr11.png

We had 17 players pop in and post including MrsEddieBetts and Chezzalenko Reborn both of whom I'd just omitted due to quietitude, to make my selection woes harder and my feelings of guilt more pronounced. Roylion got his first run for the season but then he posted as well so this which threw my plans for a loop :D Newer players need to understand that "back in the old days" posting didn't even matter, and most players would go through a season without participating in match threads - to see an old stager gatecrash the match thread can be a shock haha

The everyweek participants who've been there for all rounds (not counting me for whom spamming is a pre-requisite of being the captain) are 3KZ is Football , Aristotle Pickett , Ed_Gein , fitzroybowiedog , JackNah_8 , royboy2 and SpecialBruce. Very thankful to these folks who have popped in without a miss all season!

There was a hefty change of the guard for S37, with the loss of our beloved captain TedDougChris , and prolific socialite Zevon departing, and the reins handed back to muggins here. But what has warmed my heart is the evolution of a new breed, with TheGoatBaron and Ed_Gein winning respect from opposition players through their enjoyable participation schtick, ably filling the gaping holes which were left behind! But the whole team have been massive in threads so far, and after a kind of slow start it seems we are again on our way to regaining the vibrancy of past eras!

About last week: Incredible tenacity to come from behind after the Demons jumped us out of the blocks and set up a dangerous margin early. Through a consistent team effort, we played every play as though it was the first of the day, and (with no little help from JackNah_8 ) turned the game on its head and Houdini'd our way over the finish line as winners. Game stats show that everyone pulled their weight and it seems that our ability to play as cohesive unit under any circumstances is what is gaining us the wins this season. In particular, the entire defensive team picked up possessions that are rare in this form of the game, kudos to Ed_Gein and TheGoatBaron and the troops of stoppers who kept sausageroll and co to minimal impact!

Next week we have the Gumbies at home. We lead them in head to head wins by a meagre single win (30 to 29), though of recent times we've had the silicon over them having won 11 of our last 16 clashes. More importantly, it will be the Roys FFC's 600th Sweet FA game, a little milestone worth making note of! Considering we are over halfway into the season and poised precariously with a chance to enter finals with a double-chance, this is an extremely important game to win!

It's been an eye-opener to discover how much captaincy has changed since I was last involved in it half the life of the league ago, but with this sort of team, it's truly a joy! Thanks to all the team for making it fun and easy!

Onto next week! c'arn 'rillas!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back