Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 13 - Ophidian Old Boys v Roys FFC at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all and welcome to the thirteenth round of the thirty seventh season of the Sweet FA, I’m your host Chef Bob coming to you live from Spotswood Oval. This week we see the Ophidian Old Boys host the Roys in a match that will certainly go down in history as an example of simulated football. Qooty I believe they call it. Odd looking concept, but there’s something about it. Almost hypnotic. Tell you what I like though, and that’s scran.

“What the heck is scran anyway, Chef Bob?” I hear you type. A fair and relevant question it is too. It has a few different yet related meanings, but the most common one refers to food of questionable quality. Originating in the north of England and Scotland, it has been popularised in recent times when describing fast food served at sporting venues. And today friends I hijack this week’s match thread opening posts by bringing to you several examples of the food served up at qooty grounds around Sweet, this time from Spotswood Oval.

Sweet, I give to you…

1713830735475.png

'Way Out West' was a song back in the day from some country singer & the bloke from Aussie Crawl. “Livin’ anna workin’ on the land” and all that guff. Spotswood is a film made in the 90’s with Hannibal Lecter, Hando from Romper Stomper, Muriel & Mendo based in the western suburbs of Melbourne. What do these things have in common? Old Farts.

The Ophidian Old Farts are the newest franchise in Sweet, and reside in the far west of Sweet in a suburb called Spotswood. They’ve not only built an oval and a reserve oval (called a Reserve), they’ve also built some sort of college out there. There’s not a lot else to speak of as Spotswood is tightly wedged between Waverley and whatever the white stuff is in the map Mobbs made. Mountains? Desert? Mayonnaise? Whatever, the minimalist nature of the suburb is reflected in the scran on offer at Spotswood Oval. For example there’s the Brian Eno Panini (CM17.95):

1713832358684.png

There's the Confused Bun (CM24.95):

1713832405827.png

The Tom Skål (CM10.95):

1713832436039.png

And the Philip Glass o’ Goon (CM4.95 a go):

1713832474137.png

Despair not however friends. The cafeteria in the adjoining college has a vast array of scran on offer for the comparatively bargain price of CM29.95 a tray. And you can stack plenty of scran on that tray let me tell you!

1713832508024.png
1713832521245.png
1713832539544.png

This style of dining suits the visiting Roys, however they will need to overcome the lack of chudshake options.

Chef Bob’s Scran Rating

Oval:
1713832594119.png

College Cafeteria:
1713832635407.png

Regarding the qooty, the OOFs are 1st on the ladder with a record of 8 & 3 and the Roys are 6th on the ladder with a record of 6 & 5 so let’s go with that sure why not – OOFs by 17.

Players to watch out for are [checks notes] thewizardmelon King Tenz Harvey Manfrenjensenden Pure Grunt royboy2 & Mooch.

Captains please do the needful before midnight WA Bias time this coming Friday 1.

Bon Appétit, friends!​

Good afternoon Roys and my team, no wonder it took so long, what a great OP Tonga Bob
I had them done a couple of days ago. The youth of today need to learn a lesson in patience.

That stain on that bread roll looks suspiciously like.... Well I think you can imagine.

Reminds me of Frank Zappa and "Don't eat the yellow snow".

Dreamed I was an eskimo
Frozen wind began to blow
Under my boots and around my toes
The frost that bit the ground below
It was a hundred degrees below zero...
And my mama cried
And my mama cried
Nanook, a-no-no
Nanook, a-no-no
Don't be a naughty eskimo
Save your money, don't go to the show
Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh
Well I turned around and I said ho, ho
And the northern lights commenced to glow
And she said, with a tear in her eye
Watch out where the huskies go,
And don't you eat that yellow snow

At least there is no sight or mention of pizza.

Hi old boys and team mates. I am killing it at the moment. No more Clexane injections at 6.00 pm. I have a line of bruises across mt tummy.

Old Boys the Roys win every second week so you are history

That stain on that bread roll looks suspiciously like.... Well I think you can imagine.

Reminds me of Frank Zappa and "Don't eat the yellow snow".

Dreamed I was an eskimo
Frozen wind began to blow
Under my boots and around my toes
The frost that bit the ground below
It was a hundred degrees below zero...
And my mama cried
And my mama cried
Nanook, a-no-no
Nanook, a-no-no
Don't be a naughty eskimo
Save your money, don't go to the show
Well I turned around and I said ho, ho
And the northern lights commenced to glow
And she said, with a tear in her eye

At least there is no sight or mention of pizza.

Hi old boys and team mates. I am killing it at the moment. No more Clexane injections at 6.00 pm. I have a line of bruises across mt tummy.

Old Boys the Roys win every second week so you are history
Wow! You just opened up and fully dumped hey?
Kevin Spacey 90S GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of hello to the Old Boys this week, looking forward to hopefully being permitted into the ground at least to be able to play the game itself. I know Spotswood Oval is administered as though with security guarantees from the butt of anything aquatic that actually has a butt.

I hope some from Ophidia remember me, I was here some time ago. Perhaps since I left I've been considered dead to them, much like I consider myself dead to ... myself.

Will be fun to catch up with some of the old vipers, and congrats BRAB !

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back