Preview Round 5, 2024 vs Fremantle @ Adelaide Oval Changes & Pre-Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had 4 tall forwards in last week, so if Finalyson is out, we won't be bringing in another tall. It will be SPP and Wines in only.

Disagree, we’ll lose our structure. Who chops out in ruck ? Pls don’t say Dixon or Rat.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Finlayson is suspended, I would seriously think about giving Scully a run.

I don't think he's ready, still a big tall awkward kid learning how to football, but he would have Dixon, Marshall and Georgiades around him, along with a fire-breathing SPP, and Rozee, Butters and JHF delivering the ball.

He could chop out in the ruck a bit, have a bit of a run forward. He's not just a mark kick forward, he can crumb goals too.

Really doubt it would happen but would be exciting if they went left-field with a selection.
I would love it. This kid has it and it's been evident from day 1.

I don't think he's ready, still a big tall awkward kid learning how to football, but he would have Dixon, Marshall and Georgiades around him, along with a fire-breathing SPP, and Rozee, Butters and JHF delivering the ball.

He could chop out in the ruck a bit, have a bit of a run forward. He's not just a mark kick forward, he can crumb goals too.

Really doubt it would happen but would be exciting if they went left-field with a selection.
I saw enough in the trial against Freo to suggest Scully can make it. That 10 minute period where he clunked marks, kicked long and straight was genuinely exciting. He's a massive unit and way bigger than I thought.

I'd prefer to ruck Charlie for when Soldo needs a chop out though. He's already rucking up forward and in my opinion is actually quite good at it.

Don't get the love for Sweet. Didn't see anything of note during the preseason to justify a game other than being tall. Got well beaten by Soldo in the internal and O'Brien and the other pleb against the Crows.

Comes down to are we replacing the 80% of the time Finlayson spends forward or the 20% he spends in ruck? Seems weird to want to replace the 20% when we have a few options to cover already in the team.

Can we bring Hayes in? Whats he up to?
_7gLM2.gif

I would feel sorry for Sweet because it would be a really good opportunity for him but that would be really exciting to give him a taste of the big league and possibly snag a few.

He's a great set shot too.

Time for the Soldo/Sweet expt, if Freo brings back Darcy and runs with Jackson/Darcy. Soldo was pushed around by Darcy during the trial and thought Sweet did better on him. Soldo has mobility to run against Jackson.

If no Darcy then no Sweet, but probably need someone to give some ruck backup to Soldo, as I'm expecting Finlayson to be suspended.

FB: R.Burton | B.Zerk-Thatcher | E.Ratagolea
HB: D.Houston | A.Aliir | K.Farrell
C: T.Boak | J.Horne-Francis | M.Bergman
R: I.Soldo | Z.Butters | C.Rozee
HF: D.Byrne-Jones | T.Marshall | S.Powell-Pepper
FF: W.Rioli | C.Dixon | M.Georgiades
I: W.Drew | O.Wines | D.Williams | J.McEntee
S: J.Mead

In: Wines, SPP, Williams
Out: Burgoyne, Finlayson, Jones

Probably close to our best team, only issue is who is going to do the 2nd ruck work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finlayson gone, so lets play 2 rucks and get them to really jump into Jackson all day. Don't give him any respite.

And if Georgiades isn't going to play deep then let Ee-varn rest forward. He can mark and kick straighter than Finlayson.

SPP comes in for Boak.

Finlayson gone, so lets play 2 rucks and get them to really jump into Jackson all day. Don't give him any respite.

And if Georgiades isn't going to play deep then let Ee-varn rest forward. He can mark and kick straighter than Finlayson.

SPP comes in for Boak.
So Sweet in? I would also have Williams for Jones. Wines for ?

So Sweet in? I would also have Williams for Jones. Wines for ?
Should be Sweet, but given so little SANFL has been played who knows if Visentini is tracking better.

Should be Sweet, but given so little SANFL has been played who knows if Visentini is tracking better.
I've always felt that Sweet was more interested in returning than playing for PAFC. I' probably wrong and hope I a but nevertheless would like to see Visentini get a development opportunity

They will probably just bring SPP in for Jez and Wines for Boak. We all know it. Hinkley likes steady selection, always has.

I wouldn’t disagree with that policy.

We are not settled in defence and can’t do much about that it’s just a time thing.

Less disruption elsewhere the better.

Yeah I’d play Sweet. If they go 50/50, Soldo is a better forward, also might keep Soldo fresh for the season.

So Jez out, Sweet in.
Wines in Boak out
SPP in. Mcentee out.

Mead sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back