Game Day Round 4 v. Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - Thursday, 7.40pm AEDT

Are you tipping Adelaide by 10 points on this occasion?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
The 2002 semi final was an absolute corker of a game. We lost, of course, but check out these quarter by quarter scores:

Quarter time: ADELAIDE 50 - 10 MELBOURNE
Half time: ADELAIDE 75 - 58 MELBOURNE
Three-quarter time: ADELAIDE 89 - 111 MELBOURNE
Full time: ADELAIDE 130 - 118 MELBOURNE​

So from being almost seven goals down at the first break, Melbourne put on 15 goals to 6 in one half, before being run over comprehensively in the last. Despite losing, it was a great night. Neitz kicked five, Johnstone was immense.

Anyway, that's completely irrelevant to the game this evening, but it's nice to reminisce from time to time. 🤗

Tonight, we come up against Adelaide in Adelaide - our second game in South Australia in under a week. We apparently beat Adelaide by four points at the MCG last year. I genuinely have zero recollections of that game, but Taylor Walker kicked four goals. Recent encounters from afl.com.au:

Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 10.27.08 am.png

I feel like Adelaide has been disappointing so far this year, going down to Gold Coast, Geelong, and Fremantle - so no doubt it's time they pulled one out of the hate and UPSET the Melbourne Football Club deeply. :embarrassedv1:

I'm tipping Adelaide by 10 points - but are you?

I hate Thursday night games

But a mate in Adelaide has gotten us a couple of box tickets and some corporate tickers into some room with free dinner before hand, so I'll make it work

Might be a rough ******* flight home tomorrow

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Please 'kent - I take my polls very seriously.

:sneaky:
You're telling me you don't believe that documentary?

Game Day GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2002 semi final was an absolute corker of a game. We lost, of course, but check out these quarter by quarter scores:

Quarter time: ADELAIDE 50 - 10 MELBOURNE
Half time: ADELAIDE 75 - 58 MELBOURNE
Three-quarter time: ADELAIDE 89 - 111 MELBOURNE
Full time: ADELAIDE 130 - 118 MELBOURNE​

So from being almost seven goals down at the first break, Melbourne put on 15 goals to 6 in one half, before being run over comprehensively in the last. Despite losing, it was a great night. Neitz kicked five, Johnstone was immense.

Anyway, that's completely irrelevant to the game this evening, but it's nice to reminisce from time to time. 🤗

Tonight, we come up against Adelaide in Adelaide - our second game in South Australia in under a week. We apparently beat Adelaide by four points at the MCG last year. I genuinely have zero recollections of that game, but Taylor Walker kicked four goals. Recent encounters from afl.com.au:

View attachment 1946939

I feel like Adelaide has been disappointing so far this year, going down to Gold Coast, Geelong, and Fremantle - so no doubt it's time they pulled one out of the hate and UPSET the Melbourne Football Club deeply. :embarrassedv1:

I'm tipping Adelaide by 10 points - but are you?

Speaking of good games against the crows, the 2016 game at the mcg even though we lost was great viewing for three quarters. Very back and forth game, a pity the last quarter was like 2 goals to 1 their way.

Speaking of good games against the crows, the 2016 game at the mcg even though we lost was great viewing for three quarters. Very back and forth game, a pity the last quarter was like 2 goals to 1 their way.
I think we had a board meetup that day. You should have come.

Ah crap we’re playing again already?

Crows a big chance here, feel they’ll put in one of their better performances in front of a big gather round crowd.

If we win and go 4-1 then that’s a huge start to the season though and I’ll be feeling optimistic again.

Back