Review Round 4 = Brisbane Lions 116-83 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Are there any splenic photos to see how close the laceration came to being a rupture?

Lacerated means cut, hence the bleeding.

Ruptured implies it burst. Structurally and functionally more significant. Longer recovery. No bueno.

If it's not Cox-specific photos you are seeking, then Google is truly your friend.
Just did a google search - couldnt work out the difference between the two spleen wounds from either images or words. But I did learn that you can live without a spleen - so I dont understand why he's not playing. Seems a bit soft to me.

Just did a google search - couldnt work out the difference between the two spleen wounds from either images or words. But I did learn that you can live without a spleen - so I dont understand why he's not playing. Seems a bit soft to me.
The images of both look pretty ugly, don't they?

The spleen isn't necessary for survival - I knew this from a dog which was diagnosed with cancer while I was minding it. The vet said if the cancer was in and confined to the spleen, the dog would survive, but unfortunately, the cancer was in other, more important places, like the kidneys or wherever. Whichever big organs sit close to the spleen and perform vital functions and stuff.

Why not insist that all future draftees have their spleens and appendixes removed before they start training? Both organs just take up space and raise their ugly faces when they are least wanted. What with all the weeks out we'll be risking with concussions cases, we need to buy some vital weeks from other areas of the body to compensate for potential loss of game time to head knocks.

Looking at that photo of Cox and the deck chair at the edge of what's obviously his private pool, I can only but agree regarding his softness. He's from Texas, a state that if nothing else, and I can't think of anything else, should breed real men. He looks fine to play to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back