Autopsy Round 4, 2024 : Hawks get Pied

Remove this Banner Ad

Two of the best FB this season are Frampton and Frost.

They've both got something to prove.

Frosty has been unbelievable. Barely put a foot wrong. You are right about Frampton also he’s been a great foil for Murphy, but getting Moore out of trouble quite a bit too.

As good a year either of them could have, you just know neither would ever be considered for AA selection

Weddle is going to want to come out firing next week after his weak effort in the centre.

The kick did him no favours but he's going to cop it when they review the vision. If he had marked it we were out. It was a real 12 point turn around.

Hopefully we get a good response from him.

Pleased with the comeback in the second half - much better in the effort. In the first half, felt like Collingwood were landing the half chances and we couldn't do anything.

In terms of Hardwick forward - loved his body positioning. Am used to him winning the 1 on 1 contests in the backline but now when he does he gets a shot at goal.

Liked the physicality in the second half.

Not sure if I’m alone in this but I thought besides our effort we actually weren’t anything amazing in the second half? There was no laser precision skills or anything of the like, but seemed to get our way back into it. Feel like the pies are a long way off being in contention this year.
Pies ran out of legs. We are well conditioned

Weddle is going to want to come out firing next week after his weak effort in the centre.

The kick did him no favours but he's going to cop it when they review the vision. If he had marked it we were out. It was a real 12 point turn around.

Hopefully we get a good response from him.
It was not good. But it was also a s**t floating kick to him that should have been better.

But these type of self inflicted wounds were all to common again today

Crazy to me that there was a sizeable number of posts in this thread calling for Croc to be dropped and taking pot shots at Ramma.

Croc needs to work on his defence and today he had low impact- yes he could have kicked the winner, but there were moments all throughout that game that we let slip. The kid hasn't played 50 games yet, give him time.

As for the shots at Ramma... he played a defensively minded role against one of the best KPDs of the last 10 years and helped quell him. He is a stick. He is a child. He has played less than 10 games of AFL footy.
I think it's weak as piss for supporters to not understand that there will be waves with these players and I think you're a fool if you think that a team made from our list profile isn't coming out with massive wins from a fame like that.

We aren't winning the flag in 2024, but heck, we are setting ourselves up for a solid 6-12 year period of challenging.

Lewis should be shown a replay of Hardwick's game of how a forward should play. Constant movement allowed him to get space and actual leading for the ball instead of stand and wrestle the whole time
More than guarantee Lewis carried injury through the first few rounds. He wasn’t moving as he does normally, he is a leading forward, his workrate is class. He is capable of a wrestle and contest at times but his best is on the move being mobile, crashing packs too when needed.

Collingwood can crow all they like but the reality is they had ten days to prepare for this fixture and we had six. I thought they were the better side for the majority of the contest but they were completely cooked in the last quarter and we were running on top of the ground. Promising signs, especially with a makeshift forward line that will likely remain the least potent we'll field all year.
A lot to like albeit our shape completely disintegrated for a good 20-30 mins which cost us dearly

Tom Mitchell throws the ball.
Doesn’t matter how you handball it, as long as your fist touches it, whilst it starts in the other hand. So many players do it, it’s a new skill.

And the potting of Mitchell is ridiculous, loved the battle with him and Newcombe, two bulls at it head first. Neither a backward step and Mitchell superb game, respect. As was Newcombe.

He is awful defensively, lets players run past him constantly.

I think all of our younger players need to work on their defensive side (and most younger players around the comp).

I haven't notice CMac being egregiously bad. I'll try keep a closer look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and through a 2 possession, zero tackle first half? He has talent, but is lazy and he almost looks scared of contact sometimes. Go to the 2's and get the fight back.

Agree he had a bad one against the Pies.

Completely disagree that he is lazy and scared of contact.

Frost was really good again tonight
Would probably be leading the B&F with Worpel being quiet in the 2nd half. Only one so far that has had 4 good weeks

We did give a yelp in the first quarter.

If Chol kicked that goal and we prevented the goal in the last minute it would have been a 3 goal to 2 quarter and a good result for playing just ok.
That first quarter – 4.1 (25) to 1.1 (7) – was yet another god awful start to what's been nothing short of a disaster of a season. At best we could've got 2 goals in what were otherwise perfect conditions. Just not good enough.

ps. Despite my negativity, I'm the biggest optimist you'll find (i reckon we'll get our first win next week against the Suns, I prescribe to the Leigh Matthews rule even when we're 5 goals down with 5 mins to go and delusionally think we can still make the finals till it's no longer mathematically possible) but 0-4, regardless of who we've played, is downright depressing. Esp given each loss has more or less followed the same script.

Crazy to me that there was a sizeable number of posts in this thread calling for Croc to be dropped and taking pot shots at Ramma.

Croc needs to work on his defence and today he had low impact- yes he could have kicked the winner, but there were moments all throughout that game that we let slip. The kid hasn't played 50 games yet, give him time.

As for the shots at Ramma... he played a defensively minded role against one of the best KPDs of the last 10 years and helped quell him. He is a stick. He is a child. He has played less than 10 games of AFL footy.
I think it's weak as piss for supporters to not understand that there will be waves with these players and I think you're a fool if you think that a team made from our list profile isn't coming out with massive wins from a fame like that.

We aren't winning the flag in 2024, but *, we are setting ourselves up for a solid 6-12 year period of challenging.
It’s really great to see your support of our young players but your argument when it comes to Cmac doesn’t hold up. He’s been lazy and not working hard or is really out of form. The footy world has changed, players with 20 games of experience are doing great things for their team coming off rookie lists and late draft selections so I don’t think 50 games is an excuse anymore. I could give you several examples of players impacting games at or around the same age with equal or less experience. Point is, he has done 3 pre seasons, he should be contributing. now the expectations are higher, and rightly so.

He seemed to go forward a bit more but we were better without him in there?

Also dropped the Daicos tag in the second half which actually helped but meant finn was useless.

I think finn should have been subbed instead of butler - Butler was quiet but he could have jagged a goal in the last when we were pressing.
would have been difficult snagging one in the last when he was subbed off at 3qtr time.

That first quarter – 4.1 (25) to 1.1 (7) – was yet another god awful start to what's been nothing short of a disaster of a season. At best we could've got 2 goals in what were otherwise perfect conditions. Just not good enough.

ps. Despite my negativity, I'm the biggest optimist you'll find (i reckon we'll get our first win next week against the Suns, I prescribe to the Leigh Matthews rule even when we're 5 goals down with 5 mins to go and delusionally think we can still make the finals till it's no longer mathematically possible) but 0-4, regardless of who we've played, is downright depressing. Esp given each loss has more or less followed the same script.
I think the Suns will win comfortably next week, they were very good against GWS today.

But then we have a string of much more winnable games, looking forward to the rest of the season.

We did give a yelp in the first quarter.

If Chol kicked that goal and we prevented the goal in the last minute it would have been a 3 goal to 2 quarter and a good result for playing just ok.
In all seriousness why the hell did Sicily kick against the wind in the first quarter? So dumb, you never really know how long the wind will hang around so utilise it ffs

It’s really great to see your support of our young players but your argument when it comes to Cmac doesn’t hold up. He’s been lazy and not working hard or is really out of form. The footy world has changed, players with 20 games of experience are doing great things for their team coming off rookie lists and late draft selections so I don’t think 50 games is an excuse anymore. I could give you several examples of players impacting games at or around the same age with equal or less experience. Point is, he has done 3 pre seasons, he should be contributing. now the expectations are higher, and rightly so.

I'm curious about your list of players with 20 games of experience who are consistent week in week out and do great things every game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back