VFL Round 21, 2018: Collingwood v Sandringham - Victoria Park, Saturday 25th August, 11:00AM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Only the bits i have already shared , im not trying to be a smart ass but if i spilled my guts it would case massive problems for one of our younger lads , im not about to do that to him or his family , i think it was just sheer luck i ran into Two people who have first hand info on the club .
What i can add there is a lot of uncertainty down there with players not knowing what is going one with coaches . players ect . and there are players that feel like the coach doesn't like them and feel like they are not being played in there correct positions.
When i asked the lads mum was he happy at the club , well lets just say it took a while for a very quiet yes to come out followed by well he is there for x amount of years .

Jesus. Massive broom needs to go through moorabbin. Unfortunately I don't think what needs to happen will. Sad times

Because it's highly likely that it is pure rubbish. That belongs to the rumours board.
Mate , it really doesnt worry me what you think , i have never pretended to be an ITK , just happens i was for one day . Bye

technically the capt didn't say that the mother's son was playing for Sandy today

He said the mother of a saints player
Now we all prob think the lad was playing today but....maybe she was there with a friend and the friends son was playing
:think::moustache:
Very sneaky Mr Corn , i like your thinking , anyway on a positive note a few of the younger lads are heading OS for a holiday and at least the club is being smart and sending older guys , the names Nathan and Tony Brown were mentioned to keep the lads out of trouble

Last edited:
Mate , it really doesnt worry me what you think , i have never pretended to be an ITK , just happens i was for one day . Bye

Never worry about responding to negs
Just ignore/block

People who have been here long enough know how to determine honest posters with the odd sniff of info and also know who itks are
:moustache::cool:

Never worry about responding to negs
Just ignore/block

People who have been here long enough know how to determine honest posters with the odd sniff of info and also know who itks are
:moustache::cool:
Iv had my day in the sun , now i will leave it to the real ITK's not ones like me who was in the right place at the right time , well about time to get my ass to Platform 28 for a few beers before the game , i can decide if i want us to win or loose , Torn

Iv had my day in the sun , now i will leave it to the real ITK's not ones like me who was in the right place at the right time , well about time to get my ass to Platform 28 for a few beers before the game , i can decide if i want us to win or loose , Torn

I query the authenticity of your original post as it is my observation that when you randomly approach mothers for a chat, it is not their sons you're interested in

I query the authenticity of your original post as it is my observation that when you randomly approach mothers for a chat, it is not their sons you're interested in
s**t i have been caught out

Also that Richo coaches all the flair out the players and wants then all to be like Geary ( You know hard at the contest ) and as some have suggested , Richo does have his favourites

my clubs shoe string budget of a development program is light years ahead of this club. ******* light years.

Sandringham alignment needs to be a top priority this off-season. It's a debacle and not working for anyone.
Not sure what the goals of Sandringham Foootball Club are?
Let's say there are three goals:
(1) Winning games, (2) development of St.Kilda listed players and (3) respecting the partner in the alignment (ie. Sandringham).
(I perhaps should have done some research related to the real goals of our alignment).

The responses as per below are only my opinions, as a multi decade member.

Goal (1). To me it looks like we don't always go all out to win. ( Not suggesting individual players don't try hard).
Perhaps a bigger priority relates to each player playing a certain role; rather than focusing much on the natural instincts and flair of youth.
I'm not saying the above was in fact the case. But if it was, it would be virtually the first time in my 52 years of supporting footy, that winning isn't the absolute priority...Winning culture etc.
I cannot imagine someone like Aaron Hamill; such a competitive beast as a player, agreeing to anything but a winning culture.Surely not...

Goal (2). It looks like many of our players didnt develop much at Sandringham. Some seem to have stagnated while others have deteriorated. Would this have been the case in other alignments, or in other stand alone teams? Who knows?

There are of course some exceptions.

Goal (3). It doesn't appear that Sandringham have been respected much. A once proud club that has won 10 VFA or VFL premierships.
Not many non St Kilda listed players represent the club.
Many traditional Sandringham supporters have probably jumped ship, as was the case with Fitzroy supporters two decades ago.
Their club lacked finances, just like the Roy Boys.

My first priority is always St Kilda, but I feel that Sandringham and their history & culture have been treated poorly.

Many on here probably don't agree. It's just an opinion.

If you read this Simon, please fix this debacle of a situation. It hasn't worked for anyone!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7Th4RuB.png

Csf7kqD.png

FFS. K:H ratio of 1.05.(nearly 1:1:rolleyes:) For the Saints in 2018 it was 1.14. (2017 it was 1.11, 2016 it was 1.16 and 2015 it was 1.34)
The figures above would indicate that our plan is to use the ball by hand as often as possible. Our results this year would indicate that this plan is not working very well. IMO If we don't start using the ball by foot more, our ladder position is going nowhere in a hurry

FFS. K:H ratio of 1.05.(nearly 1:1:rolleyes:) For the Saints in 2018 it was 1.14. (2017 it was 1.11, 2016 it was 1.16 and 2015 it was 1.34)
The figures above would indicate that our plan is to use the ball by hand as often as possible. Our results this year would indicate that this plan is not working very well. IMO If we don't start using the ball by foot more, our ladder position is going nowhere in a hurry
So many clubs these days handball the thing way too much. It just ends up selling themselves into trouble or they turn it over.

So many clubs these days handball the thing way too much. It just ends up selling themselves into trouble or they turn it over.
Like us last Sunday arvo….was hair ripping stuff watching out handball chains.

We sat there at times counting the handball tally....waiting for the turn over....and sure enough.....the turnover.

People around us were going ballistic.

Like us last Sunday arvo….was hair ripping stuff watching out handball chains.

We sat there at times counting the handball tally....waiting for the turn over....and sure enough.....the turnover.

People around us were going ballistic.
Spot on Saint Watto.
Melbourne and Collingwood also play a high handball game style but they have enough players on their list that can execute the skill and not turn the ball over constantly. The main problem with a high handball game style is the receiver of the handball is always under pressure. At least with a kick the receiver has a moment to stop and assess his options, then dish it off. IMO a slightly higher kick to handball ratio would ease some of the pressure on our young and inexperienced list.

Spot on Saint Watto.
Melbourne and Collingwood also play a high handball game style but they have enough players on their list that can execute the skill and not turn the ball over constantly. The main problem with a high handball game style is the receiver of the handball is always under pressure. At least with a kick the receiver has a moment to stop and assess his options, then dish it off. IMO a slightly higher kick to handball ratio would ease some of the pressure on our young and inexperienced list.
Yep i'm with you. We are nowhere near equipped for this run and gun gamestyle that
requires top echelon skill! The Bulldogs perfected this handball game in 16 when they combined
innovative running handball chains and some carefully trained slick hands in tight by some very
clever and talented players. But ultimately that style was very much driven by Beveridge who demanded a relentless
gamestyle combined with elite pressure that at the time was ahead of the curve.

Testament to Beveridge's creative thinking and identifying where his teams strengths lay!
All reports at the time were they trained the living crap out of it, until they perfected it!

We are nowhere near professional or demanding enough to drive a similar program with this
current coaching group! Hopefully that will change!
God knows we certainly don't have the skill or intelligence to play such high risk and incredibly dumbass football!

Yep i'm with you. We are nowhere near equipped for this run and gun gamestyle that
requires top echelon skill! The Bulldogs perfected this handball game in 16 when they combined
innovative running handball chains and some carefully trained slick hands in tight by some very
clever and talented players. But ultimately that style was very much driven by Beveridge who demanded a relentless
gamestyle combined with elite pressure that at the time was ahead of the curve.

Testament to Beveridge's creative thinking and identifying where his teams strengths lay!
All reports at the time were they trained the living crap out of it, until they perfected it!

We are nowhere near professional or demanding enough to drive a similar program with this
current coaching group! Hopefully that will change!
God knows we certainly don't have the skill or intelligence to play such high risk and incredibly dumbass football!
Dogs and Richmond handball forward, we’re always looking to go backwards. We became a backwards and sideways team this year, too scared of losing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back