VFL Round 21, 2018: Collingwood v Sandringham - Victoria Park, Saturday 25th August, 11:00AM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

CaptainRisky any injuries? Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game for personal reasons.

How did Meatball go?
I know hunter coped a smack in the nose but nothing else i dont think , i left at 3/4 time , meatball was average from what i saw , i was too busy yapping

Only the bits i have already shared , im not trying to be a smart ass but if i spilled my guts it would case massive problems for one of our younger lads , im not about to do that to him or his family , i think it was just sheer luck i ran into Two people who have first hand info on the club .
Fully understand that Captain.....I'd posted my question before I saw yr first post explaining just a few small snippets.

It's a little concerning with what you stated……...on top of all the other concerning things we've heard over the last couple of months......just hoping/praying that when the smoke clears....everything will be a little clearer and make sense.

This time of year would be a very unsettling time for many players/officials across all clubs.

We can officially call you the ITK for Saturday.

...im not trying to be a smart ass but if i spilled my guts it would case massive problems for one of our younger lads , im not about to do that to him or his family...
Okay, so just say it was someone we all don't like and want to get rid of

Fully understand that Captain.....I'd posted my question before I saw yr first post explaining just a few small snippets.

It's a little concerning with what you stated……...on top of all the other concerning things we've heard over the last couple of months......just hoping/praying that when the smoke clears....everything will be a little clearer and make sense.

This time of year would be a very unsettling time for many players/officials across all clubs.

We can officially call you the ITK for Saturday.
just for today only , then i'm back to Captain Doesnthaveaclue

One last tid bit , there was another lady with the person i was talking too , she has a son that plays for one of the top VFL stand alone teams , they were telling me the difference them and Sandy and they are polls apart , do you know that some of our boys have walked into the change rooms on game day and don't even know some of the players , wtf
Im guessing this is something some of you Sandy guys will already know but to me i was thinking what a third rate club , we need to be stand alone if we are ever going to threaten

One last tid bit , there was another lady with the person i was talking too , she has a son that plays for one of the top VFL stand alone teams , they were telling me the difference them and Sandy and they are polls apart , do you know that some of our boys have walked into the change rooms on game day and don't even know some of the players , wtf
Im guessing this is something some of you Sandy guys will already know but to me i was thinking what a third rate club , we need to be stand alone if we are ever going to threaten
Been saying this for about 5 years...

Been saying this for about 5 years...
The amount of prep work , meetings ect the stand alone teams do compared with our rabble is amazing , imagine being out there in a game and screaming 65 kick it to me WAFJ

From the VFL site :

Sandringham
Goal Kickers
:T. Lamb 4, J. Haidon, B. Seccull, K. Owens, J. Hille
Best Players:H. Mclean, J. Noone, L. Dunstan, J. Hille, B. Seccull, J. Haidon
McLean does show a bit and he is only 18-19 playing first ruck against a lot more mature bodies , worth looking at with a later pick ,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s important we have a ladies team before a stand-alone because it’ll bring in thousands of extra members and show that we are tolerant and diverse.
Social acceptance takes priority over another premiership for now and that’s really something we should celebrate.

It’s important we have a ladies team before a stand-alone because it’ll bring in thousands of extra members and show that we are tolerant and diverse.
Social acceptance takes priority over another premiership for now and that’s really something we should celebrate.
that's a silly post given AFLW is funded by the AFL.

Quite seriously. The alignment between Sandringham and St.Kilda is an absolute disgrace. Whoever is responsible for this debacle of a union / takeover needs to go.
Used to love going to most of Sandys games, especially when Paul Hudson was coach. Also used to falsely believe that we would have a stand alone Saints side out of Moorabbin. Now we have a stadium called RSEA park which bears little resemblance to the Moorabbin I knew, and with apparently no stand alone team on the horizon.
Criticize me if you wish, but I feel sorry for long term Sandy supporters (...Has anyone seen that bloke who used to dress up in a zebra outfit this year...poor bloke)?
Also feel sorry for Saints supporters, many of whom are like me and my sons, losing some passion and preferring to watch local games instead.

The knock on him when he trained with us last year was that he was a long way off professional off-field. I was told he's like the guy we all knew growing up who was super-talented but couldn't be bothered with training, meetings, eating right, etc.
Thank you.
Bit of a shame really, but he might just be a late developer.... saints man too, llRC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back