VFL Round 21, 2018: Collingwood v Sandringham - Victoria Park, Saturday 25th August, 11:00AM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Also that Richo coaches all the flair out the players and wants then all to be like Geary
Well that's a depressing thought :(

2hcl45j.jpg

Wow, horrendous second half from Sandringham. coffield probably our best and Philips also played a pretty solid game . Lamb got to all the right spots and mostly brought the ball to the ground but had no support. Goddard and Dunstan particularily hopeless from among the St Kilda players. Very disappointing.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

I only saw the second and third quarters but thought Goddard was quite good. Took some strong intercept marks, won one-on-one contests and used the footy well

I only saw the second and third quarters but thought Goddard was quite good. Took some strong intercept marks, won one-on-one contests and used the footy well
The trouble is its a massive difference between VFL - AFL

Good goal from Dunstan for the pies there, kicking it to a 1 on 3???? geezus

Why did he do a 360 with the ball in hands 10seconds beforehand too??
Part of the saints game plan - when you get the ball and no one is near you you turn and try to go backwards or look for other options when you could clearly have a kick yourself.

What's the knock on Lamb? He's got some significant attributes.

The knock on him when he trained with us last year was that he was a long way off professional off-field. I was told he's like the guy we all knew growing up who was super-talented but couldn't be bothered with training, meetings, eating right, etc.

Talking to a saints players mum at the game today , some weird shite going on at our club, i got more gossip today than i have been given in the last few years
Any detail that you wanted to share there CaptainRisky?

I was still fairly young at that game but remember the day really well. Learnt a few new words. My disabled grandpa almost got hit too (although in hindsight calling Greening a diver might have pushed a few buttons).

People talk about Nicky, but do you remember how good McAdam was that day? For anyone who didn't see, think Billings quarter against the dogs spread over the second half.

Oh and if anyone wants another reason to change our coach? Both Nicky and Gilbert are on record saying they were racially abused by fans AND Collingwood players (both that day and in the Semi the year before). Guess who played on Winmar that day at Vic park (and got a football lesson)??
Was there that day. One of my most memorable moments from footy.

Winmar and McAddam were both sensational.
Nicky got the statue in the end cos everyone remembers him lifting his jumper.

At least the statue will be proudly on show at Moorabbin where he played his greatest footy
... oh wait. No its in WA!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any detail that you wanted to share there CaptainRisky?
Only the bits i have already shared , im not trying to be a smart ass but if i spilled my guts it would case massive problems for one of our younger lads , im not about to do that to him or his family , i think it was just sheer luck i ran into Two people who have first hand info on the club .
What i can add there is a lot of uncertainty down there with players not knowing what is going one with coaches . players ect . and there are players that feel like the coach doesn't like them and feel like they are not being played in there correct positions.
When i asked the lads mum was he happy at the club , well lets just say it took a while for a very quiet yes to come out followed by well he is there for x amount of years .

Only the bits i have already shared , im not trying to be a smart ass but if i spilled my guts it would case massive problems for one of our younger lads , im not about to do that to him or his family , i think it was just sheer luck i ran into Two people who have first hand info on the club .
What i can add there is a lot of uncertainty down there with players not knowing what is going one with coaches . players ect . and there are players that feel like the coach doesn't like them and feel like they are not being played in there correct positions.
When i asked the lads mum was he happy at the club , well lets just say it took a while for a very quiet yes to come out followed by well he is there for x amount of years .
That is distressing to hear. Especially considering which young players were playing for sandy today...

So I take it from that that one of the younger players mum reckons her son isn't getting a fair run, the coach is demanding team orientated disciplined footy rather than individual focus and her son has not been is his playing in his favourite position because there are older better players in the team.

How is Mrs Lonie going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back