Toast Round 10 = Collingwood 78-74 Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

kudos to match committee and coaches.

Not once did I see Nick and Jordy in CB.
….and holy crap we looked as good in the first half as we have in Previous weeks.

After half time we lowered our colours, but our level in the first half was so high it’s hard to criticise.

JDG as a forward drifting up is a nightmare!!
Such a better structure. Even when we get players back.

Ps. How good is Keene, no wonder we were annoyed when he went home.

Not sure what to say after seeing that. Totally expected to get run down and the writing was on the wall. The amount of ticker this side has staggers me. I'm thinking a trip to Perth now has got to be almost too much, but you just know that these blokes won't see it that way.

Not sure what to say after seeing that. Totally expected to get run down and the writing was on the wall. The amount of ticker this side has staggers me. I'm thinking a trip to Perth now has got to be almost too much, but you just know that these blokes won't see it that way.
We’re super super hard to beat.

It’s quite insane.
We make the right calls at the right time for most of the day.

When it gets to the last, when a chance happens….we take it.

IQ awesome smother..,,crisp takes off (Nick in the background looks stuffed) and falls over, gives it to Nick (who somehow turns up), he kicks it to jordy (who does the work early) and he kicks it.

5 things go our way because of the talent and players involved.

It’s tinny and insane!!!

Well another heart stopper, another win epitomising the character of this team. IQ slowly getting back to his old self, JFN very very good, Frampton looking settled and more reliable each game, Schultz a little machine and great kick, JDG crucial and crunching, Crispy is a last quarter beast, Bruzzy just so reliable, the youngsters held up in trying circumstances, WHE before his hammy was great, Pendles, Josh, Nick sublime.
Will probably look back on this win as one of the most important of the year.
Bloody Brilliant Magpies!!!!!!!!
Another 2 hours before I’m relaxed enough to digest solids.

Always worried about this game with most our forwards missing. Then WHE & Reef out halfway through the third. Was worried that we were going to be overrun. Gutsy effort to come back and then to hang on.

Fox lab measured Rankines run at 24.2 metres, so correct call from the umpires.
Just saw that.
Firstly, puts to bed any arguments.
Secondly; I wonder how many in anny game of football are 20+ that should be called?

…suspect this will trigger a “review” and change of rules as it was proven to be so obvious.

You gotta love that we actually have one of the worst injury lists in the comp and just keep winning

Carlton have the most mythical injury list in the comp, have everything else in games go their way and still lose lol
The vast difference being of course is we keep losing premiership players and they keep losing potatoes.

Rankines run , to the letter of the law was illegal but to the eye it looked legit.i reckon the rules committee should change that rule. It's a great part of our game watching a speedster burn grass Would've been cursing if it happened to us.

That is the closest 10 goal win I have ever seen
We should have been 10+ goals up but weren’t!

• Cameron is fantastic
  • Naicos
  • JFN
  • Harrison: his running power and hands in tight
  • Schultz exercising some of his power
  • Jaicos
  • Pendles time lord
  • Crisp and his run

Loved the game even though we snuck in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rankines run , to the letter of the law was illegal but to the eye it looked legit.i reckon the rules committee should change that rule. It's a great part of our game watching a speedster burn grass Would've been cursing if it happened to us.
Yep, ridiculous call imo

Was convinced we were gone once WHE and Reef got subbed out. There is only so much you can do without forwards.

The only player that really stunk today was Mase. I don't know what's going on. When he marks, he usually tries to mark the ball one handed. When he goes up with 2 mits, he ducks his head as if he is so scared of contact from behind.

What a great win, what a great effing win!

Good sides find a way to win those games - Naicos to De Goey, BANG!

Nick, of course, was huge. Kicking efficiency was down a bit, but when you get it that many times, he's still bloody damaging. 22 contested possessions and 14 clearances FFS!!

That was Josh's best game of the season, just magnificent, back to his best.

The Goat has two more seasons in him, no doubt. Seriously, where would we be without this bloke?

And Johnny Effing Noble, what a great 100th game.

The losses of WHE & Reef was significant in the grand scheme of things, just robbed the forward line of any marking power we had.

Thought the defense stood up well all things considered. Their 3 talls only kicked 4 between them.

Anyone who still thinks Beau doesn't do enough can now officially GAGF - we missed him big time today.

Hopefully we get a few troops back next week, it will be a hard game.

The Scum out of the 8, what a great weekend so far!

Just saw that.
Firstly, puts to bed any arguments.
Secondly; I wonder how many in anny game of football are 20+ that should be called?

…suspect this will trigger a “review” and change of rules as it was proven to be so obvious.
plenty. Have a look at how far the full backs run at a kick in. Without looking for examples, its alsmost like the rule doesn't apply. These guys seem to be allowed 15 steps for some reason, when the fact is most of them would cover the 15m in half that

Can understand crows fans being upset, even though it was the right call. Just not one that gets called often and not at that stage of the game. I would have been crying about that throw at CHF before the Rankine goal had we lost.

Great game of footy. We were unfortunate to lose WHE and Reef which caused us to lose all structure going forward. Unbelievable how we continue to find ways to win in those situations.

Hope Reef is okay. I did have a chuckle after he continued to drop easy marks, then copped a wack in the head and immediately finally took one.

Was convinced we were gone once WHE and Reef got subbed out. There is only so much you can do without forwards.

The only player that really stunk today was Mase. I don't know what's going on. When he marks, he usually tries to mark the ball one handed. When he goes up with 2 mits, he ducks his head as if he is so scared of contact from behind.
With our previous outs and to again lose 2 more ‘key’ forwards I thought we were in trouble. I guess we were but the boys still found a way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back