Autopsy Roast & Toast R5 vs West Coast & Changes for The Bye

Best 5 vs Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

But I guarantee that if we made list decisions the way you've suggested, you'll be the first one to moan about not having mature bodies in the midfield, who are proven to be contested bulls, in games like today when the midfield personnel don't stack up with AFL quality midfielders (of which pretty much all bar 1 were on our list prior to trading in TT and Hopper).

And the insult is...?

Based on what? Cause on exposed form, our midfield has been a fairly positive part of our game this season.
Based on observation. Taranto has a great work rate, but has no poise and turns over the ball too often. Hopper is more an outside player. Baker and Bolton are too small for the midfield. It'll be interesting when we get some wet weather footy to see how they go in heavy traffic. Nankervis is a big help on the ground for our lacking of mid field strength. Take him out, and you'll see how under sized and out gunned we'll be in the midfield.

Based on observation. Taranto has a great work rate, but has no poise and turns over the ball too often. Hopper is more an outside player. Baker and Bolton are too small for the midfield. It'll be interesting when we get some wet weather footy to see how they go in heavy traffic. Nankervis is a big help on the ground for our lacking of mid field strength. Take him out, and you'll see how under sized and out gunned we'll be in the midfield.

I would agree last season that TT would hack kick it out of stoppages too much, but he's clearly gone to work on that, and personally, think his kicking has improved at moments (for a contested ball winner).

From memory, TT was one of, if not the best player in a wet weather game vs the Saints last season?

And you say that taking Nank out of the midfield would expose the size of our midfield, yet TT (188cm) and Hopper (187cm) aren't the answer?

I would agree last season that TT would hack kick it out of stoppages too much, but he's clearly gone to work on that, and personally, think his kicking has improved at moments (for a contested ball winner).

From memory, TT was one of, if not the best player in a wet weather game vs the Saints last season?

And you say that taking Nank out of the midfield would expose the size of our midfield, yet TT (188cm) and Hopper (187cm) aren't the answer?
Taranto is big enough but has other issues I mentioned. He has improved, but still coughs it up too easily.

Baker and Bolton big enough for mid field?

Hopper is too delicate and is injured too easily for a heavy midfield role.

I'm not sure why we persist with Dow, probably because of a lack of other midfield options.

With hindsight we clearly paid too much in draft picks for Taranto and Hopper, it will be interesting to see if we can recover quickly
and recruit some good young players to fill our unbalanced list.

Taranto is big enough but has other issues I mentioned. He has improved, but still coughs it up too easily.

But why do we expect our players to be great, or even good at everything? TT is clearly an elite ball winner. His kicking is comparable to players such as Oliver who play a similar role.

Baker and Bolton big enough for mid field?

This kind of thinking doesn't make sense unless you're giving them 20 centre bounces each every week, which we don't. Usually, it's just one of them alongside the bigger bodies such as TT. TT wins the hard ball, gets the ball to a quicker or cleaner teammate.

We also have Ross (187cm), and developing McAuliffe (187cm).

With hindsight we clearly paid too much in draft picks for Taranto and Hopper

Unless people can start naming players we could've/should've taken with those picks instead that improves us, I just don't get this kind of thinking at all.

And not just some generalised bullshit of "a key fwd", or "best available". I want actual names from the draft that we would've had the option to pick from if we had those picks, and the drafts went the way it did.

Sadly and statistically McIntosh was terrible. However, we need senior experience out there. Perhaps he goes behind the ball??

We should have traded Jayden short 2 years ago while he had currency those types of players are easy to replace and now he is worth zero and no team would have him imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lefau's best game so far.
Presented well on a lead, took a few marks, kicked some goals.
Also, some promising signs from Maurice - just needs to be able to kick those goals.

And people going off about Miller and Young, but I thought Miller stood up reasonably well.

Broad did a few nice things, but generally has been performing under my expectations of him - as has Pickett and D Rioli.

And people going off about Miller and Young, but I thought Miller stood up reasonably well.
Agreed. Plus he took 12 marks. The scoreline would have been far worse if he wasn't there.
Broad did a few nice things, but generally has been performing under my expectations of him - as has Pickett and D Rioli.
One of the better games Broad has played this season so far. Rioli has been okay, but down on last year's form so far.

Pickett is an out and out liability.

Yes we had a depleted side yesterday but it always amazes me like I said earlier how players in opposing teams against us have their best games ever, and the ball just seems to go into the hands of the opposition and not us, even the commentators were saying, "When it goes right for you it goes right". It used to happen occasionally when we were in our dynasty years but now much more often, like my wife says the footy gods are against us.

Back