Opinion Recruiting and List Management Team: Hamish Ogilvie, Justin Reid & Co

Should Hamish Ogilvie and Justin Reid be sacked?

• Both should be sacked

• Only Hamish Ogilvie should be sacked

• Only Justin Reid should be sacked

• Neither should be sacked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see any kind of ruthlessness that makes me genuinely believe that they think we're there. It's "oh well, things take time, we still need pieces, what can you expect with kids."

There's no version of "Nicks will pay for not getting us there this year". Anyone who wants or expects that is going to be very disappointed.

If we thought there was some urgency and the moment was now to start competing - we wouldn't have lost our best credentialed asst coach and just not replaced him.
On that last paragraph. I bet the club did think that. They're that arrogant.

There's no version of "Nicks will pay for not getting us there this year". Anyone who wants or expects that is going to be very disappointed.
I disagree. There was indeed expectation we make finals this year and NOT making finals would give great concern

Now if we had started 3-3 a lot of this noise is muted. And if we slip through the year just missing there might be this need to add players - but its looking more likely to be a 6-16 season which an expected finals coach cant survive
If we thought there was some urgency and the moment was now to start competing - we wouldn't have lost our best credentialed asst coach and just not replaced him.
Havent you always argued how hard it is to get players and coaches here? And yet you expect to explain it away with '' theres no urgency''

Bullshit

You would think the guy that has built the disgusting list we have over 12 years would be first in the firing line

Based on that Nicks is safe for a fair few more years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah the club will just happily lay blame on the coach time and time again without changing the list management. Essendon happily did it for twenty years letting Dodoro run amok. The average apricot slice crows supporter probably doesn't know who our list management are.

I don't see any kind of ruthlessness that makes me genuinely believe that they think we're there. It's "oh well, things take time, we still need pieces, what can you expect with kids."

We’re just incompetent. We value Godden highly and just figured he was ample cover. Adam Kelly is a genuine football dunce.

We tried to replace him but couldn’t, we are a leper club

Look, I hope you're right.

I see less than zero momentum behind any movement to sack Nicks.

It will be "what did you expect, with kids there's always going to be two steps forward and one back."

It's the first time we've ever consciously rebuilt. The participants in it are going to get ample opportunities to succeed, because they don't want the initial decision to seem wrong.

The club thought it should be in the finals every year from 1991 to 2018.

I don't think in their heart they think we should or will this year. That kind of ambition has gone.

Sando had a lot more claim to continue than the current bozo

Sacking coaches is the one thing we’ve been good at it

Nah the club will just happily lay blame on the coach time and time again without changing the list management. Essendon happily did it for twenty years letting Dodoro run amok. The average apricot slice crows supporter probably doesn't know who our list management are.

Are those apricot slice supporters on BF aswell. People seem to want to blame the coach on here aswell not the guy that has been building a list over the last 12 years. If it’s not him that has made the decisions we should have replaced rendell with someone who has some sort of commanding personality that makes decision and calls a spade a spade. Maybe Hamish was and is yes man, no good for a job he holds so not the right man for the job.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're not. No one is.

No one has any kind of genuine source on this.

It's Facebook chatter. It's completely ridiculous.
Ok, what do you think we would have offered up to get Melbourne to release a valuable player with 2 years to go of his contract?

Clearly we would have had to pay way over the odds

Ok, what do you think we would have offered up to get Melbourne to release a valuable player with 2 years to go of his contract?

Clearly we would have had to pay way over the odds
Carn - McAdam would have done it

I looked back and while no specified trade was mentioned the Melbourne guy - Lamb - did concede it would be a significant trade deal

So keen are the Crows reported to be, that Seven’s Theo Doropoulos confirmed Adelaide offered pick 14 and wantaway forward Shane McAdam for Petty.

It’s an offer that was rejected.

So it had to be better than that

Do you reckon their list is stacked with superstars?
They're also guns at drafting and developing, which makes it easier to target superstars because they have less holes to fill, so more willing to give up picks to make the trades happen (as well as manage salary cap).

Close, Holmes, Miers, De Koning, Stewart, the first Henry, Atkins, Blicavs...

Yeah I’m not sure we went over 14 and McAdam last year

Problem is, god knows if we’re willing to up what we offer to the trade table a year later (ie our own first this year)

But, they didn’t release him.

For all the many dumb decisions the club has made recently, I see no evidence offering two first rounders for Petty was one of them.
Because they know how bad their forward line is and they are in their window. What do you think the minimum would be for them to release him?

Back