Opinion Recruiting and List Management Team: Hamish Ogilvie, Justin Reid & Co

Should Hamish Ogilvie and Justin Reid be sacked?

• Both should be sacked

• Only Hamish Ogilvie should be sacked

• Only Justin Reid should be sacked

• Neither should be sacked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

North - maybe win.
Port - lose.
Collingwood - lose.
Brisbane - lose.

I expect one of those losses will be a ten goal belting; even without it, if we're 2-8, he's gone by mid year.

If we lose this weekend, untenable.
We rarely get belted.

Biggest loss this year was Fremantle by 35 points

Other matches
Loss by 6 pts to Gold Coast
Loss by 19 to Geelong
Loss b 15 Melbourne
Won by 2 to Carlton
Loss by 3 to Essendon

Weve been in every game

North - maybe win.
Port - lose.
Collingwood - lose.
Brisbane - lose.

I expect one of those losses will be a ten goal belting; even without it, if we're 2-8, he's gone by mid year.

If we lose this weekend, untenable.
They arent going to sack him..

To do so within months of re-signing him would spell the end for all those who re-signed him too..

They have shown time and time again that they couldnt give two fxxks about extremely valid outside criticisms and have all circled their wagons.. they arent gonna let one of them go down as it means the rest will have to follow.

And they’re all currently doing backstroke together in the big bowl of crows gravy…

“But some of them dont get paid so how are they on the gravy train?” I hear a few ask..

Some are “Prestige whores”.. just love the limelight and the ability to turn up to all the free functions and fancy do’s and rub sholders with the elite.

They dont want to give that up just cause the team and club has gone to s**t.. easier to just blame the players being out of form or bad umpiring decisions..

They arent going to sack him..

To do so within months of re-signing him would spell the end for all those who re-signed him too..

They have shown time and time again that they couldnt give two fxxks about extremely valid outside criticisms and have all circled their wagons.. they arent gonna let one of them go down as it means the rest will have to follow.

And they’re all currently doing backstroke together in the big bowl of crows gravy…

“But some of them dont get paid so how are they on the gravy train?” I hear a few ask..

Some are “Prestige whores”.. just love the limelight and the ability to turn up to all the free functions and fancy do’s and rub sholders with the elite.

They dont want to give that up just cause the team and club has gone to s**t.. easier to just blame the players being out of form or bad umpiring decisions..
Spell the end of the board?

Turn it up.

They aren’t accountable to anything or anyone. There is literally no consequence to sacking him.

Not at the rate he’s going.
Not sure why that is getting likes.

He'll get folks replaced around him. But the club will back in all the "promise" they've seen the last few years and just think this was a blip.

There's a bunch of reasons we haven't advanced, but they won't have Nicks at the top of that list

He'll get folks replaced around him. But the club will back in all the "promise" they've seen the last few years and just think this was a blip.

There's a bunch of reasons we haven't advanced, but they won't have Nicks at the top of that list
You reckon we continue to lose with the changes he’s made to our gameplan, his baffling selections, lack of player development, players dropping off in fundamentals like pressure and tackling and they’ll just whose all that off as a blip?

The year that they said we expect to play finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they just saw the poster? 🤷‍♂️

You would think the guy that has built the disgusting list we have over 12 years would be first in the firing line

Based on that Nicks is safe for a fair few more years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We rarely get belted.

Biggest loss this year was Fremantle by 35 points

Other matches
Loss by 6 pts to Gold Coast
Loss by 19 to Geelong
Loss b 15 Melbourne
Won by 2 to Carlton
Loss by 3 to Essendon

Weve been in every game

Played some really exciting football once the opposition had placed their cue firmly in the rack.

Im peaking at the thought of being linked to every single out of contract, or issue affected peice of talent for the rest of the season. I live for this shniz.

Its the thrill of the chace foe me. Nothing more.

We're not getting a new coach.

He's been signed for two more years, he's fulfilling at least one of them.
team america vomit GIF

Played some really exciting football once the opposition had placed their cue firmly in the rack.

Im peaking at the thought of being linked to every single out of contract, or issue affected peice of talent for the rest of the season. I live for this shniz.

Its the thrill of the chace foe me. Nothing more.
I’m getting north vibes

Strike Out Los Angeles Dodgers GIF by MLB

Fundamentally wrong on every level.

There has been very little promise, players haven’t been developed, there’s little onfield unity or cohesion, the game play is unidentifiable, and the caveated extension (we both know that was booby trapped, if they really believed in him he’d have been signed and announced well before when it was)

They’ll throw him under the bus quick smart

This is a club that has ALWAYS been ruthless about not accepting excuses and claiming the coach

since our inception we are a trigger happy, fire the coach type of club

Nicks is the first coach to ever survive 2 years out of finals

Fundamentally wrong on every level.

There has been very little promise, players haven’t been developed, there’s little onfield unity or cohesion, the game play is unidentifiable, and the caveated extension (we both know that was booby trapped, if they really believed in him he’d have been signed and announced well before when it was)

They’ll throw him under the bus quick smart

This is a club that has ALWAYS been ruthless about not accepting excuses and claiming the coach

since our inception we are a trigger happy, fire the coach type of club

Nicks is the first coach to ever survive 2 years out of finals
Look, I hope you're right.

I see less than zero momentum behind any movement to sack Nicks.

It will be "what did you expect, with kids there's always going to be two steps forward and one back."

It's the first time we've ever consciously rebuilt. The participants in it are going to get ample opportunities to succeed, because they don't want the initial decision to seem wrong.

The club thought it should be in the finals every year from 1991 to 2018.

I don't think in their heart they think we should or will this year. That kind of ambition has gone.

Look, I hope you're right.

I see less than zero momentum behind any movement to sack Nicks.

It will be "what did you expect, with kids there's always going to be two steps forward and one back."

It's the first time we've ever consciously rebuilt. The participants in it are going to get ample opportunities to succeed, because they don't want the initial decision to seem wrong.
The rebuild is over - from the club
The club thought it should be in the finals every year from 1991 to 2018.

I don't think in their heart they think we should or will this year. That kind of ambition has gone.
They absolutely did think we would be playing finals this year. You just cannot rewrite history 6 weeks in

RETIRE, TRADE or DELIST
Elliot Himmelberg
Hugh Bond
Lachlan Gollant
Lachlan Scholl
Rory Sloane
Patrick Parnell - R
James Borlase - R
Will Hamill - R

DELIST AND ROOKIE
Chris Burgess

ONE YEAR DEAL
Ned McHenry
Taylor Walker
Brodie Smith

TWO YEAR DEAL
Brayden Cook
Sam Berry

That's six main list spots, plus two MSD picks that stay as rookies.

I'm sure we could cut either of Smith and McHenry as well - I'm just not sure we do.

If Chris Burgess can’t get a game with TT missing and ahead of Berg, what’s the point of retaining the clogger?

Smith and Tex need to go too.

The rebuild is over - from the club

They absolutely did think we would be playing finals this year. You just cannot rewrite history 6 weeks in
I don't see any kind of ruthlessness that makes me genuinely believe that they think we're there. It's "oh well, things take time, we still need pieces, what can you expect with kids."

There's no version of "Nicks will pay for not getting us there this year". Anyone who wants or expects that is going to be very disappointed.

If we thought there was some urgency and the moment was now to start competing - we wouldn't have lost our best credentialed asst coach and just not replaced him.

Back