List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a link to the article? I can't find anything on Google or the AFL website. Not doubting you, just trying to find the article you referenced.
From the article below:

"For instance, it would have allowed Adelaide to list one of Rory Sloane or Taylor Walker as a veteran for 2024 and opened up another spot on their primary list. The idea was designed to keep veterans in the game without sacrificing a list spot that a youngster may have taken, with the veteran’s full payments still counted in the salary cap."

There's a link in the post above

fd99bdc4-4c07-44d0-aefb-9c755a60f4a4_text.gif
Oliver to walk out on the Dees to take a year off football...

I doubt Phillipou comes unless a huge bag of money is placed in front of him, which, if he doesn't show a whole lot of midfield prowess, would be as big a risk as we've ever taken

Oliver is just a complete unknown, besides the fact we've shown heavy past interest. Unknown where his head will be at, unknown where his relationships with the club/his teammates will be at, and so on. Not counting on it

Would be very pleased if either happens, but realistically I'm more looking at your Petty/Hayward/Cumming types

What would he cost? A 1st rounder?

What happens if Oliver is in the mix? Surely his value has to have diminished, especially given his contract size and issues.

Both perhaps, using our 2024 1st and F1.
Phillipou would be worth more than a single 1st rounder if he improves in his second season

1. Oliver
2. Petty pending performance of Butts/Keane - ie could slip to 4
3. Hayward
4. Phillipou (goes to 2 if Oliver not possible)
I would go

1. Oliver
2. Phillipou
3. Petty
4. Hayward

Can never have enough midfielders.

I don't think we need 2. Once you add an Oliver to the group I'd want to upgrade other spots like KPD or half forward.
If you had Ricciuto & McLeod, would you not bother about Goodwin...

What are Dawson, Rachele and Pedlar?
You can never have enough midfielders!

These 3 are all capable of playing as misfielder/forwards.

We need more than 3 midfielders... we need 3 gun midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Murray‘s return i don’t see Petty a necessity
Yeah, it's an interesting one.

I assume we are seeing him as a forward... but does that mean we see Thilthorpe as a ruck/forward?

You can never have enough midfielders!

These 3 are all capable of playing as misfielder/forwards.

We need more than 3 midfielders... we need 3 gun midfielders.
I think we would have 4 gun midfielders in Dawson, Oliver, Rachele and Pedlar.
Phillipou hasn't yet showed anything as a midfielder.
After the above 4 we would also have Soligo, Crouch, and new talents coming through like Curtin, Dowling and Edwards to give games to.

E.g. 2025 side presuming Oliver + Hayward

Michalanney Murray Worrell
Milera Butts/Keane Hinge
Soligo Dawson Jones
Obrien Laird Oliver
Rachele Walker Hayward
Rankine Fogarty Thilthorpe
Curtin Keays Nankervis Pedlar
Dowling

Then in 2026 Laird moves out, Pedlar/Rachele in and other players start filtering through like Ryan, Edwards.

Phillipou would be the one of most interest unless he re-signs and possibly Hayward who is a RFA so will still cost something decent. The other 2 are contracted past 2024 and personally I'd be risk averse with Oliver given we'd have to take on his contract until 2030, i.e. until he's 33.
It's a good point Hayward is a free agent as he is a free hit as doesn't cost us trade value. Not out biggest need, but would be best trade value for money.

With both Petty & Oliver both being under contract, it may be a case of needing the Dees /Oliver to self-destruct or they will cost too much in trade value. If we are not recruiting Petty as a forward then I don't see the need.

Phillipou being out of contract just comes down to offering him a very lucrative long term contract... & hopefully Saints sliding.

It's a good point Hayward is a free agent as he is a free hit as doesn't cost us trade value. Not out biggest need, but would be best trade value for money.

With both Petty & Oliver both being under contract, it may be a case of needing the Dees /Oliver to self-destruct or they will cost too much in trade value. If we are not recruiting Petty as a forward then I don't see the need.

Phillipou being out of contract just comes down to offering him a very lucrative long term contract... & hopefully Saints sliding.
I think they’ll burn the Saints amenities down if they let him go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back