RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not you who is it? I heard a previous senior coach may be a chance to return. Something or someone has made some big blues up there over the past 3-4 years. They used to have strong 2’s and 18’s. Gotta find a coach who is interested in the whole list not just best 25.
Biggest problem for Macedon is that Gisborne now has a clubbies 18 which has stopped the overflow of 18+ y/o and seconds players travelling the 5 minutes up the road.

Hey Auk, don’t be salty, the Griggy thing was just that. It wasn’t meant to be a dig at Perri. If it came across that way I apologise. Read back thru this forum and read some of the crap Grigg got, at some grounds he was called stuff u wouldn’t repeat in the front bar of a pub. Many said he was a flat track bully.thats why the Grigg comments.

On Perri, his finals series proved my thoughts were incorrect, I will own that and yeah he wasn’t great on GF day but ur right he wasn’t Robinson Crusoe either mate.

Just on Grigg he can definitely play at this level of footy if used right. The comment around the crowd abuse he cops can be part due to his antics on the ground “at times” as it can draw comments from the crowd. As I said definitely a handy player and kicking 7 in a GF is not done that often so good on him. If he plays the ball he is a dangerous forward but sometimes can do silly things and pump out his chest stirring up the crowds. But good on him as his got a premiership medal around his neck..

Yeh... however 1, 2 and 7 is a lot better than Perri’s 0, 0 and 1 he didn’t deserve... very poor free kick for his GF goal.

Perri’s goals against top 5 other teams compared to teams that missed finals were pretty bad. Think before finals it was something like 9 of his 92 were v the top 5.
Yes dined out on the bottom sides during the year but He was the leading goal kicker in the finals I think that says enough. His side lost by 15 goals in the granny so I don’t know how many you wanted from him. Chambers and Elliott would of taken 15 marks between them in the hole on GF day

Was told on Sunday that sahlberg May be on his way out? Anyone else heard that? Back to Keilor. Any other early departures?

Was told on Sunday that sahlberg May be on his way out? Anyone else heard that? Back to Keilor. Any other early departures?
Heard the same thing quamby, I heard tarczons name aswell, seeing as he got the ass from apec there might be something in that.
Interesting that riddell interviewed tankard and Paul Chapman for the coaching gig, did Bellville and Elliot step down??

Pretty average grand final day.

The 19s was closer then I thought it was going to be, but Rupo always looked like winning.

The reserves was the best of the 3 games. Rupo looked like running over the top of Wallan in the 3rd, but Wallan steadied and absolutely dominated the last qtr. Loved how Wallan manned up the lose man in the last qtr and went a 7 man forward line, and from what I could tell, that player was the difference. Wallan by far been the best team all year so deserving winners. Some talent on both sides.

Seniors was all over midway through the 2nd. Great job by Wallan to get there. Probably the first time most of those guys would have played on Clarke oval. Did it hurt them playing previous 3 finals at Romsey?

For Rupo, plenty of winners. Griggs was sensational up forward. Chambers was his usual self down back. Having there VFL players and young Sutton was a bonus for them for finals.

Can Rupo go back to back. I would say they are in a very good position to do so.

Kaine Murphy back to back Kevin Quinn medals to win the Rupo BnF , closely followed by Matt Elliott. Great reward to a back man who had a fantastic year. Player of the finals was Dean Putt.

Heard the same thing quamby, I heard tarczons name aswell, seeing as he got the ass from apec there might be something in that.
Interesting that riddell interviewed tankard and Paul Chapman for the coaching gig, did Bellville and Elliot step down??

From what I’ve heard third hand I Wouldn’t exactly run with ‘he got the ass’... I did hear it was a mutual decision as his electrical career wasn’t going far.....!!!
Did hear salberg back to Keilor tho....

From what I’ve heard third hand I Wouldn’t exactly run with ‘he got the ass’... I did hear it was a mutual decision as his electrical career wasn’t going far.....!!!
Did hear salberg back to Keilor tho....
[/
Doesn’t bother me either way really but that’s what I was told by someone at apec. Happy to stand corrected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s what I’m still hearing, won’t be necessarily next year but a very big chance for 2021, to be honest I think both of these sides would be better off in the long run in the EDFL.
Hard to see the riddle league really surviving if these stronger sides want out ? Could it potentially have sides like Woodend and lancefields etc moving to leagues in the Bendigo area ?

Hard to see the riddle league really surviving if these stronger sides want out ? Could it potentially have sides like Woodend and lancefields etc moving to leagues in the Bendigo area ?
It would be a worry if that does happen the closest league for woodend would be the mcdfnl or chfl with huge travel times. Not sure sure where lancefield romsey riddell and Macedon would look??

It would be a worry if that does happen the closest league for woodend would be the mcdfnl or chfl with huge travel times. Not sure sure where lancefield romsey riddell and Macedon would look??
Even the heathcote league is some decent travel to. It will be a interesting next few years

Any truth that diggers and rupo want a move to the edfl?
I've no idea about Rupo but people I've spoken to at Diggers have dismissed any idea of a move. Everyone seems keen to pick the eyes out of RDFL but is it really any worse than any other league?? Lop sided ladders are the norm these days and I can't really see that changing without some sort of drastic reform of local footy as a whole.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Short term is in strife especially if it drops to 9 teams. Just need to attract a couple in and make sure noone else leaves, especially the top 6 teams. Great stuff macedon, clearly in tough times and meldrum has the club in his heart he may rlly some support from a few past players to to return. Any news on the Rams, can they hang on?

Why not go on a recruiting mission like neighbouring leagues, and be seen to be wanting to improve and grow the comp?

Melton South, Trentham worth a phone call if in fact they haven't reached out themselves?

Why not go on a recruiting mission like neighbouring leagues, and be seen to be wanting to improve and grow the comp?

Melton South, Trentham worth a phone call if in fact they haven't reached out themselves?
Always intrigued me why Trentham play in the Maryborough-Castlemaine League. They seem far more geographically aligned with the Riddell, or even Central Highlands League. Most of the Riddell League clubs would be 30-40 minutes drive from Trentham, whereas they would generally be driving at least an hour to play most of the teams in the Maryborough- Castlemaine League.

Did they apply to enter the Riddell League at some stage and get rejected, hence joining their current league? Or is the standard in MCDFL significantly lower than the Riddell League, so more suited to their club’s ability?

So who will coach Riddell seems to be a big question atm

Would Meachem be in contention?

Obviously has history with the club and coached the reserves this year.

Coached at senior level before.

He may not be interested, just throwing a name up.

Do clubs look for reserves coaches to one day maybe step into the senior role?

Do reserves coaches take it on board to hopefully one day be a senior coach?

Would Meachem be in contention?

Obviously has history with the club and coached the reserves this year.

Coached at senior level before.

He may not be interested, just throwing a name up.

Do clubs look for reserves coaches to one day maybe step into the senior role?

Do reserves coaches take it on board to hopefully one day be a senior coach?

Have heard that Bellville has the job but not announced yet may need to do some serious recruiting with the names being thrown around that are supposed to be leaving but it is the “silly season” so until a clearance goes through nothing is official yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back