RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always enjoyed the day up at Broadford but I guess they’ve got to do what’s best for the club.
So with the comp Down to 10 teams, surely the RDFL won’t keep the final 6 structure.

Always enjoyed the day up at Broadford but I guess they’ve got to do what’s best for the club.
So with the comp Down to 10 teams, surely the RDFL won’t keep the final 6 structure.
Of course they should, especially if the RDFL miss out on the AFL Vic allowances ... that's the way of the world these days yeh, participation awards for all :p

Clubs pay affiliation fees to RDFL not AFL Goldfields.

Each club pays $20 per player to Goldfields and umpires fees to Goldfields.
I hope I’m wrong but I think if you seniors reserves and under 19s you are going to be about $1500 per year better off. It’s not going to change much.
Time will tell.

I think the idea is to better resource you club and it's volunteers, be it with online training or upskilling to not be sitting home at 10pm of a night doing club stuff ... or utilising the fee to set-up a situation where someone for an allowance may do some actual "paid" work for the club to again lighten the load.

Be a great initiative for a young player or two at Uni, incorporate it into playing and doing some day to day business/operations stuff for the local community club.

Clubs pay affiliation fees to RDFL not AFL Goldfields.

Each club pays $20 per player to Goldfields and umpires fees to Goldfields.
I hope I’m wrong but I think if you seniors reserves and under 19s you are going to be about $1500 per year better off. It’s not going to change much.
Time will tell.
RDFL is part of AFL Goldfields so therefore the announcement made late on Monday night will hopefully flow into clubs.

So broadford is out Doona? Rockbank on way out could be down to 9 in next few weeks. Great that the AFL have pulled back on their fees, there is always an impact or an outcome though so what does that mean from the admin hubs, does that mean you get less service? If the AFL though can pull the fees away why were they in in the first place?

So broadford is out Doona? Rockbank on way out could be down to 9 in next few weeks. Great that the AFL have pulled back on their fees, there is always an impact or an outcome though so what does that mean from the admin hubs, does that mean you get less service? If the AFL though can pull the fees away why were they in in the first place?

Yeh I think they are, no idea re: Rockbank, but iof they clubs pushing behind the scenes get their way I assume they'll be asked to leave which is horrible to think given we are all community level clubs offering something for community folk to do outside of the rigors of day to day life.

From what I gather it's more about offering support on the front line to the "volunteers" who go over and above and putting the mechanisims/training/education in place to sustain a basic business model going forward. To be totally honest (and I know at times I say my piece) but the work load placed on some of these AFL Vic administrators for what they earn is not exactly great, which for me is why we see high turnover and at times lesser skilled/educated people doing these jobs.

Yeh we'd all love a job in footy if it's our passion, but if you even look at that job description for Ward's replacement there's a lot of expectation placed for a payrate that probably doesn't match.

Hence why club's (who don't already) need to serious look to annual commitment financially to someone capable of doing a fair chunk of the footy operations stuff. It's a user pays world unfortunately ... so the 3 year allowance based on your league fee's (not sure what they are) should be enough to implement something surely.

More subtle digs at Perri who kicked 12 goals in the 3 other finals games.

Good on Grigg on getting 7 in a grannie, but my other two memories of him were 1 goal and then 2 goals against the team who came runner up. The last occasion came when Wallan were pushing up the ground in search of a win. In both those games he was well beaten by two quality young defenders, one who just happened to have a bad day last Sunday, but then he certainly wasn't alone there.

Good on Grigg on getting 7 in a grannie, but my other two memories of him were 1 goal and then 2 goals against the team who came runner up. The last occasion came when Wallan were pushing up the ground in search of a win. In both those games he was well beaten by two quality young defenders, one who just happened to have a bad day last Sunday, but then he certainly wasn't alone there.

I haven’t read any digs at Perri?

Can anyone shed any light on the rams situation.
What’s being asked of them to stay in.
How far away from achieving that they are

Hey Auk, don’t be salty, the Griggy thing was just that. It wasn’t meant to be a dig at Perri. If it came across that way I apologise. Read back thru this forum and read some of the crap Grigg got, at some grounds he was called stuff u wouldn’t repeat in the front bar of a pub. Many said he was a flat track bully.thats why the Grigg comments.

On Perri, his finals series proved my thoughts were incorrect, I will own that and yeah he wasn’t great on GF day but ur right he wasn’t Robinson Crusoe either mate.

I haven’t read any digs at Perri?

I thought you were going to ask me how many goals he kicked.

Hey Auk, don’t be salty, the Griggy thing was just that. It wasn’t meant to be a dig at Perri. If it came across that way I apologise. Read back thru this forum and read some of the crap Grigg got, at some grounds he was called stuff u wouldn’t repeat in the front bar of a pub. Many said he was a flat track bully.thats why the Grigg comments.

On Perri, his finals series proved my thoughts were incorrect, I will own that and yeah he wasn’t great on GF day but ur right he wasn’t Robinson Crusoe either mate.

Salty? I don't think so. I think my assessment on the two prior games was 100% accurate. When it comes to name calling and abuse, I hear ya and have heard it directed to people very close to me, so it's probably something I could take on board too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think an official phone call went into the HDFL (spewing TBH as a few old heads woulda jumped in I reckon), and with nothing happening in the KDFL the vote last night would've been purely on staying in the RDFL and praying like hell they can survive without 3rds ... or join AFLOE and the knowledge of big km's for 2020, but with the understanding that in 2021 the potential of a few more clubs joining and an admin hub being in place to the north to service it all properly.

Be an exciting gig to be part of, should a fresh league with AFL Vic support be given berth to ...

Broadford's vote was a resounding "let's go" I was told this morning at work, 2020 coaches appointed so let's wish them well and hope for something sustainable in 2021 that may encompass something along the Bford, Yea, Alex, Thornton along with say a Kinglake, Bonnie Doon, maybe VT, Avenel etc.
For that however to occur, I'm assuming AFL Vic may need to step in (if AFLOE can't pursuade clubs) and say "right this is happening, football in the region requires it to happen ... so get ready"
Would this be a fit for Kilmore?

According to the Murrindindi shire lical paper, the Yea F N Club president advised that Broadford was in AFLOE. DIVISION 2.At least Broadford will renew aqutinances with former WNEFL clubs. Yea. Alex.and Thornton. New clubbs also in Division 2 is Warby Millgrove. Gembrook and Seville promoted to Division 1.

According to the Murrindindi shire lical paper, the Yea F N Club president advised that Broadford was in AFLOE. DIVISION 2.At least Broadford will renew aqutinances with former WNEFL clubs. Yea. Alex.and Thornton. New clubbs also in Division 2 is Warby Millgrove. Gembrook and Seville promoted to Division 1.
Brad Watts. President of Yea FNC stated in the "Local Paper" that ""Two new sides will join division 2 AFLOE Div 2. Are Broadford and Warburton Millgrove, ...... Gembrook -Cockatoo and Seville in to Division One.

Yeh... however 1, 2 and 7 is a lot better than Perri’s 0, 0 and 1 he didn’t deserve... very poor free kick for his GF goal.

Perri’s goals against top 5 other teams compared to teams that missed finals were pretty bad. Think before finals it was something like 9 of his 92 were v the top 5.

Yeh... however 1, 2 and 7 is a lot better than Perri’s 0, 0 and 1 he didn’t deserve... very poor free kick for his GF goal.

Perri’s goals against top 5 other teams compared to teams that missed finals were pretty bad. Think before finals it was something like 9 of his 92 were v the top 5.

Seasons over and not really interested in your trolling.

Not being nasty either. Perri is good but he’s not a target you can kick to as a get out. He is a leading player, not overhead, contested or a wrestle. So it hurts wallan to use him that way I feel. Takes talent to get those goals still.

Seasons over and not really interested in your trolling.

Stating a fact is trolling? I didn’t abuse the guy. He’s prob a good fella, so you clearly have big concerns if you’re that defensive and got ur back up on a stat that’s on the RDFL site itself. Just don’t see him as a play that can be a focal of a premier team.

Stating a fact is trolling? I didn’t abuse the guy. He’s prob a good fella, so you clearly have big concerns if you’re that defensive and got ur back up on a stat that’s on the RDFL site itself. Just don’t see him as a play that can be a focal of a premier team.

4 v Riddell, 5 v Romsey, and 3 v Diggers. He was never going to kick a bagful in the GF given we were on the back-foot from the 2nd quarter on.

105 goals and all you can do is sneer at it. Probably not surprising given your efforts here in July.

You coaching them champ if so got more than a very good coach 😁😁😁

If not you who is it? I heard a previous senior coach may be a chance to return. Something or someone has made some big blues up there over the past 3-4 years. They used to have strong 2’s and 18’s. Gotta find a coach who is interested in the whole list not just best 25.

No dont think so, and I know how tough it was last time I did it in 2015 from Kilmore (Powelltown, Yarra Junction etc) in terms of travel.

Kilmore did what they needed to, have just won the NFL's Senior Club of the Year across all 3 divisions and the "slow grow" approach is still on track.
Now have our junior program running up every age from U9, U10, U11 etc right thru to U17's so a regular 3rds presence should now be achievable too which is a credit to all involved.

Had this concept been more pro-active 3-4 seasons back then yeh I woulda said every chance but not now.

Brad Watts. President of Yea FNC stated in the "Local Paper" that ""Two new sides will join division 2 AFLOE Div 2. Are Broadford and Warburton Millgrove, ...... Gembrook -Cockatoo and Seville in to Division One.
Wattsy ... cracking bloke :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back