RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Macedon have re-signed a few lads & Harrison is back from Deer Park. Not sure they’re gonna be paying minimum chips in
2020. On time back on board as major sponsor?
Any word on Cooke, Dick, Markworth?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I see Macedon have re-signed a few lads & Harrison is back from Deer Park. Not sure they’re gonna be paying minimum chips in
2020. On time back on board as major sponsor?
Any word on Cooke, Dick, Markworth?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep been a major focus of rebuilding that depth with ex local players who have left the club in the last few years. Building up the 19s and reserves has been the priority. Clearly the approach the last couple of years isn't sustainable for such a small community so they will be changing things to make sure they are comfortably competitive in all 3 grades for the future and not just the seniors.

Although I don't think this means the seniors will struggle at all next year. Shaun Harrison back which is obviously exciting. Markworth I doubt will play football at all, body is cooked and had already agreed to play minimal games this year. Cooke 90% sure he is staying despite rumours of Sunbury, Dick will stay if commitments allow but still unsure on that one. Al Meldrum will bring a few players with him including a ruckman which theres obviously a major need for, no idea on the quality of those players though. Havent heard anything about M.Hutchesson but L.Hutchesson won't be playing so not too confident with that one. Can't see them dropping out of the finals but will hopefully be an interesting race next year if the improvements keep coming from Melton/Woodend etc. Bring on 2020

RDFNL are looking for anyone with fresh ideas or people wanting to improve the league in 2020 to join the league board.
If you or anyone you know is interested please contact Operations Manager Jordan Doyle via jordan@aflgoldfields.com.au

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stop in here rarely in the “off season” but come on Aucklander, I love your stuff on here but this has to be the worst post of your career. Rupo going to be hard to beat next year, you hanging out with Sam McClure?

LoL

Just trying to stimulate some off season debate. Maybe I should've said "again" :)

So Riddell have lost Hayden Ross to Sunbury a big loss for the Bombers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And have now also lost Lachy Henson to Hillside - don’t think he played much senior footy this year but definitely can when he’s playing well. Just takes a tiny bit away from their depth losing him too.

Looks likely broadford gone and good on them if that's whats required to save their club, I would think wallan is not far behind now with kilmore and broadford gone. Still think it is a real shame Kilmore no longer in the RDFL. Anyway, what are peoples thoughts that no matter what the number left in the comp, everyone just plays everyone twice to make it a purely even draw. With the gap between top 5 and bottom 5/6 so big surely you just play everyone twice. Who cares if you end up on the same weekend as the BFL grand final or have to play two extra weeks, start earlier, cut the finals to a final 5 and everything evens up. For mine it is a must, hopefully the puppets running the puppet show can wise up and actually make a proactive change to the comp without it being made for them all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back