RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have Kilmore thrown some money at these broadford lads ?

Why is it money always has to be mentioned? The lad was left out of a prelim final and it seems his Kilmore friends mighta put their arm around him when Broadford didn't, simple as that.

Good lad Matty, comes from good respectful stock too so I'm sure he'll fit in ok

Prediction next three years broadford and wallan to northern football league

there are enough switched on people at Broadford who will find the best fit, but I'd be surprised if it's the NFL. Best bet is to get a relationship going with the juniors and who knows maybe in time a division 2 or 3 RDFL junior standard may help them and in turn you ....

Why w
there are enough switched on people at Broadford who will find the best fit, but I'd be surprised if it's the NFL. Best bet is to get a relationship going with the juniors and who knows maybe in time a division 2 or 3 RDFL junior standard may help them and in turn you ....

Why not there only about ten KLMS from Kilmore so are you saying Kilmore had better options ?
Kilmore has better business and growth than broadford just saying that div 3 May suite them better long term

Why not there only about ten KLMS from Kilmore so are you saying Kilmore had better options ?
Kilmore has better business and growth than broadford just saying that div 3 May suite them better long term

The div.3 reference was regarding junior footy, Broadford are now top shelf in terms of expenditure and probably closer to 3 times that of Kilmore FC so I reckon the RDFL is where they must prove their worth ..... unless of course the last 7-8 years have been a bad dream and the Roos play Heathcote in round one ha ha

The div.3 reference was regarding junior footy, Broadford are now top shelf in terms of expenditure and probably closer to 3 times that of Kilmore FC so I reckon the RDFL is where they must prove their worth ..... unless of course the last 7-8 years have been a bad dream and the Roos play Heathcote in round one ha ha
Reckon this season may tell the tale of where there heading just a observation doona but I hope they have the soldiers to sustain there past three years move up the ladder ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon this season may tell the tale of where there heading just a observation doona but I hope they have the soldiers to sustain there past three years move up the ladder ...
They'll be right I'm sure - like I've always said footy and footy clubs don't build character, anyone with a pocket of cash can have success these days ..... more often than not it reveals character in people when the tougher times are present.

They'll be right I'm sure - like I've always said footy and footy clubs don't build character, anyone with a pocket of cash can have success these days ..... more often than not it reveals character in people when the tougher times are present.

2019 is what's rumored for the implementation of the new Goldfields Strategy. Sure the league will look a lot different then. Does anyone else ever sense that the silence from head office on the direction from the league is deafening. Maybe they communicate with the presidents more about where it is heading, but surely the RDFL board have a 3-5 year plan they are working toward?

2019 is what's rumored for the implementation of the new Goldfields Strategy. Sure the league will look a lot different then. Does anyone else ever sense that the silence from head office on the direction from the league is deafening. Maybe they communicate with the presidents more about where it is heading, but surely the RDFL board have a 3-5 year plan they are working toward?

Presidents should be the ones communicating and telling the board how they want their comp to function, yeh it's a cluster of leagues that form AFL Goldfields but they only are to a degree paid to administer based on the directive of the board who in turn represents its shareholders..... the clubs.

So it's quite simple - if return on investment ain't to the standard expected by you and your clubs, find yourselves some new board candidates.

Last edited:
Decent first nite on the track down at the Shark Tank, 60 on the track, Dean Putt and Joel West were there and welcomed to the Shark Tank. Plenty of new 18's up from the 16's and graduating 18's from last season who are ready to take on Senior and Ressies Roles. Fitzy and the recruiting staff are working hard to confirm some more recruits soon however all in all a fantastic start to the summer training period.
Boys did two 1 k time trials and all look to be in fairly good nick, however fitness never really been the problem as most on here will remind me I am sure.

Roll on the summer.

Decent first nite on the track down at the Shark Tank, 60 on the track, Dean Putt and Joel West were there and welcomed to the Shark Tank. Plenty of new 18's up from the 16's and graduating 18's from last season who are ready to take on Senior and Ressies Roles. Fitzy and the recruiting staff are working hard to confirm some more recruits soon however all in all a fantastic start to the summer training period.
Boys did two 1 k time trials and all look to be in fairly good nick, however fitness never really been the problem as most on here will remind me I am sure.

Roll on the summer.
Just concentrate on getting the finals monkey off ya back

Just concentrate on getting the finals monkey off ya back
You don't think that was what the above was, concentrating on training hard to win a final, not all clubs have a theory of going out and getting 6 $1000 a week players to win them a flag, some like Rupo are looking to encourage local talent through and see what they can do with them.

Bringing in a whole heap of outsiders so far hasn't helped Broadford, Macedon and even Diggers win flags on numerous occasions so maybe that plan is flawed? How many failed attempts did Diggers have to win 1 flag and how much money over the years have they wasted on failed attempts to win a GF? Plenty I would imagine.

Any chance someone can post an update on a clubs progress without someone jumping on and s**t Canning it???

Dried out and back from a Fijian offseaaon. Diggers will go in relatively unchanged. Probably Chewy, Kruhl & Goof Heritage having his coat pulled.
Good juniors about to explode.

Last edited:
Dried out and back from a Fijian offseaaon. Diggers will go in relatively unchanged. Probably Chewy, Kruhl & Goof Heritage having his coat pulled.
Good juniors about to explode.

Got great depth shown by their display in the reserves this year and with their junior club growing going to help them going forward. Couple of younger guys in the reserve GF definitely capable senior players and majority of clubs so keep them they are going to be in the hunt for another gf appearance. Are the rumours true there is still a fairly big fish to be announced in the new year?

Got great depth shown by their display in the reserves this year and with their junior club growing going to help them going forward. Couple of younger guys in the reserve GF definitely capable senior players and majority of clubs so keep them they are going to be in the hunt for another gf appearance. Are the rumours true there is still a fairly big fish to be announced in the new year?

If that fairly big fish has a brother that played in the diggers flag who is AFL premiership player ?? then yes it is from what I'm hearing. Interesting times ahead.

Dunno if it's the same rumour but there was talk of Mitch Morton to Diggers even back on GF day
Unsure how he fits re:points but if they can swing it good luck to them I spose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back