RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering how this works as window open in November how other league clubs respond as there footy department may not be operating so clearance may not be granted agree this system needs to happen but vic wide

Good point Keston cause isn't there time limits to on granting clearances imposed on clubs. Could be tough for those guys that are still gearing up for the new season ahead. Guess it signals no rest for country footy, 10 months a year gig..maybe 12.

Just wondering how this works as window open in November how other league clubs respond as there footy department may not be operating so clearance may not be granted agree this system needs to happen but vic wide

All clubs appear to have people with internet access these days, I'm sure it's no big deal

All clubs appear to have people with internet access these days, I'm sure it's no big deal
Understand that but if clubs don't want to clear a player or not make the call if coach not available or player has club debt etc would be easier if it was Victoria wide

Understand that but if clubs don't want to clear a player or not make the call if coach not available or player has club debt etc would be easier if it was Victoria wide

That a club has any right to not clear a player is quite ridiculous. Provided that player is not locked into any contract they should be able to choose where they want to play footy.

That a club has any right to not clear a player is quite ridiculous. Provided that player is not locked into any contract they should be able to choose where they want to play footy.
True to a degree if a player is locked into a contract or is not financial the club can refuse a clearance the other point is to allow perhaps a conversation with the footy department to give them a right of reply and reason

I think you will find that it is Victoria wide that clearances open in November

The only way that a clearance can be knocked back is
1 if the player is contracted or
2 if the player owes money or has club property
Gone are the days that clubs could just knock back a clearance because they want to

What if the relationship has turned sour due to being owed dough?

That would be grounds to seek an early transfer, but then again a lot of less moral bound mobs would say "well you won't see your money" ..... how often do we hear/see you'll get what's owed if you re-comit for next season.

12 month arrangements should be the go at this basic district level of footy, after all we all work for a living.

What if the relationship has turned sour due to being owed dough?

That would be grounds to seek an early transfer, but then again a lot of less moral bound mobs would say "well you won't see your money" ..... how often do we hear/see you'll get what's owed if you re-comit for next season.

12 month arrangements should be the go at this basic district level of footy, after all we all work for a living.

Hey mate, my advice to playersis if a club doesn't pay you as per agreed then best get out of there as quick as you can. Clubs want players respect, commitment and honesty well clubs should also follow these rules. Players should be paid every 2-4 weeks and if a club doesn't meet their obligations just stop playing and go to another club. If clearances are closed just leave and go to another club next season but tell all your mates about what occurred. Word can spread fast and damage a club very quickly.

Yes there might be some circumstances holding up payment, so it might depend on how long your been at the club and do you trust the people in charge. But an agreement is an agreement I say..

True to a degree if a player is locked into a contract or is not financial the club can refuse a clearance the other point is to allow perhaps a conversation with the footy department to give them a right of reply and reason

Hey old mate, I'm sure the club must reply by a certain time either allowing the clearance or refuting it.

Hey mate, my advice to playersis if a club doesn't pay you as per agreed then best get out of there as quick as you can. Clubs want players respect, commitment and honesty well clubs should also follow these rules. Players should be paid every 2-4 weeks and if a club doesn't meet their obligations just stop playing and go to another club. If clearances are closed just leave and go to another club next season but tell all your mates about what occurred. Word can spread fast and damage a club very quickly.

Yes there might be some circumstances holding up payment, so it might depend on how long your been at the club and do you trust the people in charge. But an agreement is an agreement I say..
If a player is contracted to a an agreed price, the club is by law held to the contract. If the funds are not there in the account then the Pes, Vice Pres, Treasurer are legally meant to fill the contract payments. This can be done by seeking legal action and 99% the player will win.

Hey old mate, I'm sure the club must reply by a certain time either allowing the clearance or refuting it.
Hi buddy,
Correct if the player is unfinancial or not contracted the club can knock back there clearance up to two times then it is granted if no valid reason given I think it's Ten days or so between each application...
In regards to your quote to Doona I've been involved with a few clubs when I've been involved a buisness plan is put in place and I believe in allowing a variance of a additional 20% ... But adjustments always need to be made I.e the gates takings may be down or canteen or bar sponsors don't pay functions are not attended as expected memberships not paid etc etc this can effect the end $$$ but all clubs find away the window is less than six months in footy trading time this is why clubs need to run 12 months as costs are so high ( club league fees are around 30 k ). Players payments I can tell you are exoborant these days and increased dramatically in last five years a lot of clubs struggle with this the volunteers are under extreme pressure ..
I will go on record stating even in successful seasons that perhaps five players are worth what there paid many don't do full per season they don't attend functions and don't train as per contract and don't perform justifying there $ value .. But will threaten clubs to leave and cause upheaval if it's not on there terms . Would never have happen when I ( real men ) played thiis great game .
It's ashamed our great game has gone this way . I know of parents who discuss how much there 17/18/19 year olds are worth per game. That's crap

Last edited:
If a player is contracted to a an agreed price, the club is by law held to the contract. If the funds are not there in the account then the Pes, Vice Pres, Treasurer are legally meant to fill the contract payments. This can be done by seeking legal action and 99% the player will win.
Wow so if the player goes to say VCAT then he must provide a copy of his tax return showing funds paid declared and tax paid
ID LIKETOSEETHAT.....
Well you will this season with salary cap
These people are volunteers if players are that precious our games a joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow so if the player goes to say VCAT then he must provide a copy of his tax return showing funds paid declared and tax paid
ID LIKETOSEETHAT.....
Well you will this season with salary cap
These people are volunteers if players are that precious our games a joke
I have a copy of my Ballarat League contract that if you agree to sign, all committee is exempt from paying to make up funds.

Hi buddy,
Correct if the player is unfinancial or not contracted the club can knock back there clearance up to two times then it is granted if no valid reason given I think it's Ten days or so between each application...
In regards to your quote to Doona I've been involved with a few clubs when I've been involved a buisness plan is put in place and I believe in allowing a variance of a additional 20% ... But adjustments always need to be made I.e the gates takings may be down or canteen or bar sponsors don't pay functions are not attended as expected memberships not paid etc etc this can effect the end $$$ but all clubs find away the window is less than six months in footy trading time this is why clubs need to run 12 months as costs are so high ( club league fees are around 30 k ). Players payments I can tell you are exoborant these days and increased dramatically in last five years a lot of clubs struggle with this the volunteers are under extreme pressure ..
I will go on record stating even in successful seasons that perhaps five players are worth what there paid many don't do full per season they don't attend functions and don't train as per contract and don't perform justifying there $ value .. But will threaten clubs to leave and cause upheaval if it's not on there terms . Would never have happen when I ( real men ) played thiis great game .
It's ashamed our great game has gone this way . I know of parents who discuss how much there 17/18/19 year olds are worth per game. That's crap

Totally agree contracts should have things like attending training and the club automatically deducts cost for compulsory functions.

I'm not sure a player would necessarily take a club to court, but if they leave, the club is still obligated to pay the player as it's the right thing to do.

I do understand some players don't live up to thief reputation and therefore a club feels hard done by. However I'm not sure that's the players fault "most of the time" as clubs should do there due diligence on players or have a clause to review payments after 4 rounds, either increase or decrease, or throw in good incentives.

I do agree Keston is hard bloody work managing all this..Especially players that are high maintenance and have plenty of excuses..

All this talk is so bloody boring, roll on 2017 I say, surely there are some whispers about players.

• I can confirm Ruppo have signed Ruckman Dean Putt, also will have Brock Fitz (Kevs son) onboard, a hard at it rover small forward who doesn't take a backwards step. Hopefully more to come soon, however nothing concrete on the players they are talking to.
  • Sunbury Roos Have got Josh Burgess from the Lions, is a target up forward that they will look to, however I did also read that Ellard was doing the summer with Werribee VFL so may only play with Roos when not with them.
Surely there is some other news out there apart from clubs who are not paying their players and posters who hate another poster??????????

All this talk is so bloody boring, roll on 2017 I say, surely there are some whispers about players.

• I can confirm Ruppo have signed Ruckman Dean Putt, also will have Brock Fitz (Kevs son) onboard, a hard at it rover small forward who doesn't take a backwards step. Hopefully more to come soon, however nothing concrete on the players they are talking to.
  • Sunbury Roos Have got Josh Burgess from the Lions, is a target up forward that they will look to, however I did also read that Ellard was doing the summer with Werribee VFL so may only play with Roos when not with them.
Surely there is some other news out there apart from clubs who are not paying their players and posters who hate another poster??????????
What a funny old fellow is Humphrey

What a funny old fellow is Humphrey

I heard Rupo have got back the WRFL guys that left them when they first came into the league. All 1 pointers plus another VFL player, don't know name but was a junior.
Hickman back to Centrals? Has a good relationship with new coach and footy department.

The salary cap gets me every time. I still don't know if you put 80% of a players agreed contract into the contract with 20% paid outside that, how do the chiefs find out.....

I heard Rupo have got back the WRFL guys that left them when they first came into the league. All 1 pointers plus another VFL player, don't know name but was a junior.
Hickman back to Centrals? Has a good relationship with new coach and footy department.

The salary cap gets me every time. I still don't know if you put 80% of a players agreed contract into the contract with 20% paid outside that, how do the chiefs find out.....
One bad apple or don't get paid and given a free pass it will happen or pissed off member sponsor who knows but it will happen
I know of two clubs who have now there plan in order and from what they know won't walk the gauntlet as punishments are massive

Hi buddy,

So the over the odds payments, plus a few guys with stuff all on their resumes that bobbed up on a quid had nothing to do with your business plan for Bford? No wonder you left, If you donated your time and were acting purely as a consultant and they refused to take onboard your experience and knowledge then someone's dropped the ball hey???

Wonder if my reference (and the barrage copped from a few of ya) back in March or so will soon be proven correct ;)

Anyway I'm with Humphrey, who's poaching who? It seems very un RDFL like that not much club hopping appears to be happening ...... yet!!!

Last edited:
Well Keston I reckon the Chiefs then are trying to implement based on pushing penalties if you get caught.....but I still question if they have the process or mechanism in place to actually catch anyone. I know two clubs in the region that are blowing the salary cap into smitherines confident they cannot be found, and worse case a disgruntled player statement simply becomes a your word v mine... so clearly the concern ain't getting to some.

Well Keston I reckon the Chiefs then are trying to implement based on pushing penalties if you get caught.....but I still question if they have the process or mechanism in place to actually catch anyone. I know two clubs in the region that are blowing the salary cap into smitherines confident they cannot be found, and worse case a disgruntled player statement simply becomes a your word v mine... so clearly the concern ain't getting to some.
Let's see who's the first club done and the reactions time will tell

Just like time was supposed to tell with your 'business plan' for
Broadford which seems to be up
#%^ creek....
hahahaha
Hahahahahahahaha
Harry you idiot ......
when I left the AGM at the end of my last year at broadford the club was in the black as when I was at romsey point the finger towards others brother as they say you can't turn the wheel if your no longer there
But can say one thing if clubs don't plan budget and be pro active in today's environment they will end up #%^creek,,,,

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back