RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if it's the same rumour but there was talk of Mitch Morton to Diggers even back on GF day
Unsure how he fits re:points but if they can swing it good luck to them I spose.
In theory matey everybody there last season that was more than a 1 pointer goes down a point next season so shouldn't be so hard really, for example I think if you have say 8 blokes on 2 points or above you will gain 8 points as I think they all drop 1 point for the next year at the same club.

Will be a strongish sort of outfit with Mitch Morton in it I would imagine.

Salary cap will be the big if here though I woulda thought.

What about Jessie Davies and another young fella
Both from Craigeburn??

Did hear a rumor about Jessie, but nothing concrete. Not sure who the other guy is. Should find out more on the 21st I guess.

Did hear a rumor about Jessie, but nothing concrete. Not sure who the other guy is. Should find out more on the 21st I guess.
I think you guys at wallan are keeping things pretty close to your chest and good on you. From what i hear they have picked up very very well. Should push them up towards top 4.

I think you guys at wallan are keeping things pretty close to your chest and good on you. From what i hear they have picked up very very well. Should push them up towards top 4.
Also hear same things reckon wallan will finish 4-6 th all going well the other quite recruiters are romsey with a solid base of kids have heared Lob and others to return can any one varify that...
Reckon the red backs could play finals next season ...
Reckon Top 6 may have a change or two

Why is it money always has to be mentioned? The lad was left out of a prelim final and it seems his Kilmore friends mighta put their arm around him when Broadford didn't, simple as that.

Good lad Matty, comes from good respectful stock too so I'm sure he'll fit in ok
Yeah that's what players need when they have been left out of a preliminary final
A Cuddle !!!
Really
What ever happened to working even harder to regain your place
No wonder players these days think they hold all the cards
My old man would of slapped my ears for taking the soft option

Yeah that's what players need when they have been left out of a preliminary final
A Cuddle !!!
Really
Perhaps there is more to it and just doons opinion but reckon we may here more from down kangaroochie way before the new year kicks in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Cuddle !!!
Really

The more I think the more I’d be overwhelmingly surprised if your sentiments are echo’d by Skips on this one SPYCRITIC.

As I’ve said to Skip a few times, and other coaches/mentors over the years, sometimes it’s all about timing.

The stars wont always align when the coaches want (or expect) them to, but the last thing one can afford to do is take any of it personally – simply focus on those who want to be there and control the controllables as worrying about things beyond your control can be toxic to the mindset.

If there is a pattern emerging as to why people (and players) don’t want to be involved, its then up to those voted in to run the club to sort out, the coach can’t do that on his own.

It wasn’t that long ago when we felt we had a small window of opportunity, only for 4-5 guys to head up to Bonnie Doon for a good quid. Yeh I was disappointed but I don’t think I ever represented the club in a way that never left the door ajar had them lads wanted to return.

What that time did however, was present to those involved a couple of real milestone days that will never be seen again, and for that I’ll be forever grateful to those who “chose” to represent the club during my time there.

Twice in 2008 we fielded senior sides totally made up by players who had represented the club at an understage level, to most of you that may not be a big deal, but to many it was massive and something we’ll cherish forever.

Living in the past yes ….. but sometimes there is nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
The more I think the more I’d be overwhelmingly surprised if your sentiments are echo’d by Skips on this one SPYCRITIC.

As I’ve said to Skip a few times, and other coaches/mentors over the years, sometimes it’s all about timing.

The stars wont always align when the coaches want (or expect) them to, but the last thing one can afford to do is take any of it personally – simply focus on those who want to be there and control the controllables as worrying about things beyond your control can be toxic to the mindset.

If there is a pattern emerging as to why people (and players) don’t want to be involved, its then up to those voted in to run the club to sort out, the coach can’t do that on his own.

It wasn’t that long ago when we felt we had a small window of opportunity, only for 4-5 guys to head up to Bonnie Doon for a good quid. Yeh I was disappointed but I don’t think I ever represented the club in a way that never left the door ajar had them lads wanted to return.

What that time did however, was present to those involved a couple of real milestone days that will never be seen again, and for that I’ll be forever grateful to those who “chose” to represent the club during my time there.

Twice in 2008 we fielded senior sides totally made up by players who had represented the club at an understage level, to most of you that may not be a big deal, but to many it was massive and something we’ll cherish forever.

Living in the past yes ….. but sometimes there is nothing wrong with that.
Why hasn't SPYCRITIC bobbed up to comment on the Broadford situation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back