Pride of South London: The CPFC Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

hi guys, sorry for the intrusion but how do you think Palace will line this season after signing Bamford and Wickham.

more of a fantasy related question. I've also chucked some dosh on ya's to win the Capital One Cup this season. So good luck with that :D

Hennessey
Ward
Dann
Delaney
Ledley
Jedinak
McArthur
Cabaye
Bolasie
Puncheon
Wickham

SUBS
McCarthy
Hangeland
Gayle
Murray
Souare
Sako
Zaha

Something like this maybe. So hard to pick though which is a good headache to have.

Think we both had trouble picking the starting 11 Milang, and yes that's a great problem to have. Was easy our first year back in the EPL.

Thought we rode our luck at Norwich, 3-1 looks impressive but that flattered. We still have that ability to look comfortable on a lead and then 15 minutes later seem to just be hanging on. Not sure why Hennessesy didn't start and not sure where that leaves him, particularly when Jules returns in a few weeks. Gotta say wasn't all that impressed with McCarthy in goal, was slow to get down to their goal and his goal / free kicks he took often ended in the crowd.

Hope we can get something out of the Gunners this week. About time we beat them.

On the bright side our 3 goals were all well taken and efficient and we probably deserved the points. Nice start.

Very competent win on the weekend by Palace.

Just when I started thinking we weren't going to score up steps cabaye with a defence splitting cross and Yannick's perfect header.

Love watching what is now a very decent EPL team who cause other teams real problems.

What do we make of Wilf? Awful against Spurs and full of energy and skill the last 2 weeks. Really drives at defenders getting into the box and drawing in some very nervous defenders. Loving Cabaye and Souare. Hangelaand doing very well.

Week off gives times to those injured 5 - Ward, Chamakh, Wickham, Jedinak and Delaney to get back and pressure the starting 11.

Overall very happy and looking forward to the Wet Spam game.

Another smash and grab win at Stoke, two years in a row.

Looking forward to watching replay tonight, got up at 2am but couldn't get Fox's "viewers choice" working, followed it on Holmesdale match thread while watching Utd labour at home.

Just when I thought our good start to the season was disappearing after the Dann / Hennessey disaster v Sunderland, 3 good wins and a creditable draw at Everton has got me buzzing again.

What a cracking goal by Lee to win that at Stoke, and what a time to do it. Delaney and Dann continue to be heroic (apart from Sunderland), Macarthur and Bolasie are starring (wish Yannick was a bit more clinical though) and Wilf is still running at nervous defenders (when he is on). Love Soaure and Ward.

Good times at Palace, how will they redevelop Selhurst to get 40k there? Gues the main stand will get a 2nd tier, what else?

Great post.
I had the same thoughts after the Sunderland game but like you say it's been a great run since then.
Yeah the stadium redevelopment is a tricky one I guess the main stand would be two tiers but I just hope they don't kill the atmosphere and turn it into a soulless bowl.

Never been so annoyed and disappointed as last night. Liverpool did not look threatening and were way off their best and somehow we concede from a GK howler (again) when we looked comfortable and as is the case when in a bad run, concede a 50-50 penalty and lose in the 96th. More frustrating is right throughout this bad run we've only needed 1 win and we could look to next year, but we can't get it and we are still looking over our shoulders. We need massive investment next year (if we stay up) and even if we keep our stars will need 2 central defenders, 2 GKs, 2 good mid-fielders and another striker. Losing Jimmy Macarthur for the season has been a massive blow and our injuries have been crippling. All of them seem to be long term and just as Wickham starts to look threatening he injures himself again.

Not having any luck either when Dann gets bundled over in the box for a 100% spot kick last week and Benteke gets a 50-50 after not being paid by the Ref. Last night was self-inflicted and Liverpool won't play as poorly again and get 2 gifts to win.

Rant over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have been better the last 3 games, yet only 1 point and a Cup win. Want that win we need in the league and we can go to Wembley and have some fun.

I know we only beat a mid-Championship side but it was away and i thought it was well deserved. Cabaye's best game for some time and Jedi looks back to his best the last few weeks. The type of player who will help get us over this frustrating slump. Bolasie now running into form, hopefully Wickham's back next week. Be interesting to see if AP starts Wickham or Adebayor. Me thinking Wickham but Adebayor showed his class with that splitting pass to Campbell last night. Thinking we can upset Leicester next week, we will beat somebody soon and we are building again.

Don't agree the Cup is just a distraction. Probably helps we've avoided replays but the Cup rounds are all weekends anyway. Further, the Cup is realistically the only silverware we can win sl let's try and win it. Cup win or EPL survival? Gotta be survival, that's going to help pay for a rebuild of Selhurst.

Relief rather than joy was my overriding emotion on Saturday. I think it had been coming but started to wonder if it ever would. Surely safe now. We will need massive investment next season on and off field. Hopefully keep hold of Bolasie, McArthur and Dann whilst Wilf, Wickham and Puncheon wont go, but I think every other spot is up for grabs.

Dust off those plans for the Selhurst redevelopment and get the cheque book out for some signings, oh and we're going to Wembley and a chance for a cup win!!

Brilliant strike by Yannick to earn us a point tonight, 4 games unbeaten now and just about safe from relegation now. Go you mighty palace!!!

Nice to take a point off the Arse and jeopardise their CL qualification. Can't say we deserved it but we defended well again and you're always a chance at 1-0. Bolasie was very good after an ordinary start and if only Wilf had got the ball to Adebayor late on? Thought we had the best of the last 15 minutes.

Anyway 4 games unbeaten and almost back to our best, got to 39 points which should be enough with 4 to go. 4 years will be our longest stint in the EPL. Off to Wembley we go.

Who starts in the final for you guys? Haven't paid much attention to how he has gone but is adebayor in your first xi

Here's my guess: Hennesy, Dann, Delaney, Ward, Suoare, Jedinak, Cabaye, Bolassie, Puncheon, Gayle, Wickham.
Wilf might start hopefully too depending on which way Super Al goes about it.

To answer your question re adebayor, no he's not in our first 11. Atm Dwight and Connor are well ahead of him, he might come on and a sub but very unlikely he'll start.

Hopefully Wilf is fit but even so, given he has missed 3 weeks, he'll start on the bench. Might be handy to come on after an hour if we are a goal down. I like your team Bazza and agree with it. Have been calling for Gayle to partner Wickham all season as I think he can feed off Wickham's flicks and headers. No point playing one up front, we are not trying to nick a point here. Nice to start as big underdogs (don't we every week?). Hopefully all of our big names enjoyed their week off when we went to Southampton and are nice and fresh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back