B Section Premier B - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt like a final at the Lodge - the pressure rating for the first half for both sides would have been through the roof. Credit to De La for playing a great brand of footy after that point.

Speaking of the lodge, hopefully the proposed pavilion gets up. Those rooms need to be condemned, I know it's been almost 20 years since I was last there but they were worse than I remembered. Couldn't swing a cat in the away rooms.

On the game, absolute heavyweight slog in the first half. I was genuinely surprised with how the second half eventuated.

If Old Haileybury keep fielding that team that played on the weekend I can't seem them getting beat at the end of the year. The VFL kid who kicked 5 was unstoppable.

Speaking of the lodge, hopefully the proposed pavilion gets up. Those rooms need to be condemned, I know it's been almost 20 years since I was last there but they were worse than I remembered. Couldn't swing a cat in the away rooms.

On the game, absolute heavyweight slog in the first half. I was genuinely surprised with how the second half eventuated.
Visitors have been changing in the soccer rooms which is 200 metres from the bench at least , often sharing with female soccer players

There is a vote on it tonight.

None of the rooms are great. The DLS away rooms are also pretty small, but at least Chelsy has great warm up facilities.

Unfortunately I was whisked away for the weekend so I didn’t see the game.

I heard the same. Amazing tough and hard 1st half.

Lack of a goal kicker really hurt in the day.

The Beaumaris game really hurt both teams.

Last edited:

None of the rooms are great. The DLS away rooms are also pretty small, but at least Chelsy has great warm up facilities.

Is there any rumblings at Beauy

The vote was approved last night (Monday) to extend the schools lease at Chelsworth Park. Now the planning for the 2 new pavilion commences. Most of the work has been done. There will be more stake holder interference, sorry I mean input.

School to spend $14.0m on pavilions. Won’t be surprised if they redo the whole oval and put a turf wicket in the middle. School cricket oval is a postage stamp at best.

Our Richmond recruit is coming along, (still doesn’t know all the rules, just OT), but Thomas from OCamb would be a better fix, especially in the short term.

If Old Haileybury keep fielding that team that played on the weekend I can't seem them getting beat at the end of the year. The VFL kid who kicked 5 was unstoppable.
That young fella kicked 6, in his 1st VAFA outing of the year !
Has laced up 6 times for Box Hill Hawks already, so perhaps won’t be sighted too often in ammo ranks…

I'll cop the warm up area on the chin, that is something De La does not have

The vote was approved last night (Monday) to extend the schools lease at Chelsworth Park. Now the planning for the 2 new pavilion commences. Most of the work has been done. There will be more stake holder interference, sorry I mean input.

School to spend $14.0m on pavilions. Won’t be surprised if they redo the whole oval and put a turf wicket in the middle. School cricket oval is a postage stamp at best.

Our Richmond recruit is coming along, (still doesn’t know all the rules, just OT), but Thomas from OCamb would be a better fix, especially in the short term.

Common sense prevails.

As a rate payer I'm happy to see the vote get up.

Away rooms at DLS are ok. Not huge but generally sufficient. Palatial compared to what the visitors get at Chelsworth. Agree that the lack of a decent warm up area is not ideal. But good parking and reasonable facilities overall. Stonnington have been promising a pavilion rebuild for years but still waiting for a start date.

In regard to the game – at some point one of the teams were going to break the shackles and on this occasion it was DLS. I was surprised how quickly things opened up but could just as easily been OI. Final margin not a true indicator of the evenness of this contest and there is not much between these teams. Great competition. Throw a blanket over teams 1-8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know anything about the rep game v Bendigo that is coming up?
Good luck with that. Broader VAFA community don’t care, and most players just want the week off. I heard somewhere that the Bendigo League will be playing the VAFA 2nd team. You might find some info in the ‘news’ section of the VAFA website.

Just heads up. The School has won its lease extension for Chelsworth Park. The planning permit process is now underway.

Best case scenario the demolition will start late this year.

New rooms to be ready by 2026.🤞🤞🤞

Just heads up. The School has won its lease extension for Chelsworth Park. The planning permit process is now underway.

Best case scenario the demolition will start late this year.

New rooms to be ready by 2026.🤞🤞🤞

Any chance you could add a net behind the southern goals?? Players, spectators and officials have to go bush bashing to retrieve the footy.

Any chance you could add a net behind the southern goals?? Players, spectators and officials have to go bush bashing to retrieve the footy.
Has been happening for 69 years we have been playing at Chelsworth, and because of the Greenies, it will be happening for another 60 years. It’s fantastic when there is no time on and the ball goes missing!!😱😱

Has been happening for 69 years we have been playing at Chelsworth, and because of the Greenies, it will be happening for another 60 years. It’s fantastic when there is no time on and the ball goes missing!!😱😱
Fear not, Maxwell, with your school buying power and influence over the public property (let's not reference the millions the elite school gets in taxpayer funds -which I'm sure won't help with the funding of the project) you'll be able to fairly much do as you wish.

A "Prepare for incoming" M

Fear not, Maxwell, with your school buying power and influence over the public property (let's not reference the millions the elite school gets in taxpayer funds -which I'm sure won't help with the funding of the project) you'll be able to fairly much do as you wish.

A "Prepare for incoming" M
You seriously have NFI what it took to get to this stage. We don’t own the land, we full maintain it, and we are fully funding the development ie not 1cent of council money. The school use the land for no more than 10% of usable hours. Sporting clubs use it for another 10% of usable hours. To me that’s a pretty good public park.

One councilmen apologised to the school for the shite that they were put through. (This is an on record apology). The school always gets treated poorly by the council, they have been very anti private schools.

Why shouldn’t the school get public money, they educate over 1,500 Victorian children that the public system doesn’t, saving the government serious amount of money. Sounds like a private school beef that you appear to fester.

Now we will have to go through objections from 75 yo residents who live no where near the amenities and will never use them. They will complain because they can and add no useful feedback. Gotta love democracy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back