Picola & District South East 2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt Payne would be dissappointed to lose Doddy, but travelling out that way to the finals a few weeks back, the ol' wheat crops look sh!t hot so there maybe some kanga around after harvest to lure a few out the Boosey Creek way:thumbsu:

Any retirements out of the hoppers after their GF triumph? There are usually a couple of ol stages that were just hanging on by the skin of their teeth praying to win the big one before they threw it in. No better time to go out some would say!

No doubt Payne would be dissappointed to lose Doddy, but travelling out that way to the finals a few weeks back, the ol' wheat crops look sh!t hot so there maybe some kanga around after harvest to lure a few out the Boosey Creek way:thumbsu:

Any retirements out of the hoppers after their GF triumph? There are usually a couple of ol stages that were just hanging on by the skin of their teeth praying to win the big one before they threw it in. No better time to go out some would say!

Only 2 definites at this stage. Bomber Thomson's knees are apparently done and Jason Wild reckons the back/hammies are gone. Great way for two great footballers (and blokes) to finish if it is the end for them. A few others talking about burning the boots but their bodies are good so they're only 50/50. Most of the boys have committed for next year. Word is recruiting is going well with a couple of handy types already on board for next year, with rumours of plenty of others also looking to head out to hopperland. Sorry, not giving names just yet. Expect Rennie to be as strong if not stronger next year.

Wahgunyah are in the Tallangatta and District League (TDFL) and the murmours around are that yes, a few might follow

Not too sure how many might follow Dodd but he will be one big hole to fill for Payne. I hear the bears are having a crack though and have offered some of that kanga to some pretty handy types alas with no luck as yet. Just a guess here but I reckon they'll make a play for Jerilderie's Sanderson (who I thought Katamatite were into in a big way?) and Powell. Interesting times for Tungamah. They've been up for a while but the talk of Doddy going (and taking some) and appointing someone from within might scare off a few blokes sitting on the fence as well as potential recruits. Hearing some other stories too about goings on down there. From an outsider it just looks a bit wobbly down there atm but happy to be corrected.

Not too sure how many might follow Dodd but he will be one big hole to fill for Payne. I hear the bears are having a crack though and have offered some of that kanga to some pretty handy types alas with no luck as yet. Just a guess here but I reckon they'll make a play for Jerilderie's Sanderson (who I thought Katamatite were into in a big way?) and Powell. Interesting times for Tungamah. They've been up for a while but the talk of Doddy going (and taking some) and appointing someone from within might scare off a few blokes sitting on the fence as well as potential recruits. Hearing some other stories too about goings on down there. From an outsider it just looks a bit wobbly down there atm but happy to be corrected.
Well spill the beans , leaving open ended speculation isn't adding to discussion and could be said about any club .
I heard of gypsy's appointment well before seasons end, so I'm not to sure of the rumours that Katty where into Sanderson and would question whether they even contacted him ?

Well spill the beans , leaving open ended speculation isn't adding to discussion and could be said about any club .
I heard of gypsy's appointment well before seasons end, so I'm not to sure of the rumours that Katty where into Sanderson and would question whether they even contacted him ?

not much in the way of beans to spill! just trying to promote some discussion. open ended speculation? hearing different stories about bear land and not trying to can them. hearing on the one hand that a lot of ex tunga boys coming back (brush and brother from benalla, a few boys from yarra 2nds) which will make them formidable. but on the other end of the ledger hearing dodd will take some with him, and that they may struggle to recruit some blokes. i won't go into that any further as it aint fair to pot individuals on the forum. sanderson to bear land is just speculation because he is availbale and if i was them i'd go for him. powell is a given to go back there if sanderson leaves the demons. it just looks like things could go either way for the bears atm. gypsy at katty? good luck to him. but the way some katty types were talking 6 weeks ago, i got the impression that they were very excited about snaring a well credentialled playing coach from outside the club. due respect to gypsy but it looks from an outsider like they missed out and gypsy is taking it on. i hope he and the tiges do well.

Will there be much movement out at Shepp East over the off season?

Haven't heard too much over the past couple of weeks. I suggest that maybe J.Best might hang em up seeing he looks like he is moving like he is in his 40's:thumbsu:
With regards to others, I'm not sure. I'd say a lot will depend on if the coach goes around again. No doubt he would've attracted quite a bit of interest locally with a stellar year on the field and getting the boys to a 3rd staright big dance. The rest of the playing group are fairly young still so I would hope they would hang around and exorcise a few deamons. I'm sure the committee out at the nest are working hard on the recruiting trail as always so hopefully one better in 2012.

Very Very quiet on the thread boys?? Whats the latest on who will be coaching dookie next year???? The longer it goes the worse it would be for them as to there playing list for 2012:cool:

Very Very quiet on the thread boys?? Whats the latest on who will be coaching dookie next year???? The longer it goes the worse it would be for them as to there playing list for 2012:cool:

Here's some news then wash. Ryan Forsyth (ex Barooga Captain / B&F) to Rennie as Assistant Coach. Wahgunyah blokes are spruiking that Doddy is taking some Tunga boys with him. Names Hayes, Clarke and Saunders are mentioned. Big losses if true - they can all play.

Here's some news then wash. Ryan Forsyth (ex Barooga Captain / B&F) to Rennie as Assistant Coach. Wahgunyah blokes are spruiking that Doddy is taking some Tunga boys with him. Names Hayes, Clarke and Saunders are mentioned. Big losses if true - they can all play.

Yeah i can really see tunga losing a few at this stage and i hope payney has some outside recruits in line or they will get left behind pretty quickly!! when your coming off a flag it makes it that little bit easier to recruit as rennie might find out over the summer!! I personally hope everyclub improves there list so everygame is a competitive one and it seems that the katty,s and kats are on the right track at least:thumbsu:

Yeah from what I hear you're right that players a bit keener to come after a flag. I don't think Rennie are going too hard though. Just trying to cover the retirements and there's a few younger blokes that shoud be given a go next year. You say Katty and the Kats are on the right track - any names? And I reckon that the comp couldn't be much more even and competitive than 2011. With the exception of Katty (and they never rolled over) there was no game you could pencil in for a win. Katunga knocked over Rennie early on and they ended up 7th. Katandra were good. Dookie took some big scalps. Any one of the top 4 teams probably thought they were legitimate flag contenders the last month. Probably the most even comp I've seen this year. Hope to see Katty get a few blokes on board - will be a beauty of a comp in 2012 then.

Dookie coaching appointments - Dale Osborne to return from Tassie with his wife and young kids to coach out at Dookie again in 2012. Travis Waters reappointed seconds coach, Nick Brown reappointed thirds coach, Luke Sibley and Richard Matters reappointed fourths coaches.

Very good news bout Dale, think he will change alot at the club and hopefully sign up a few new players.

Have heard alot of the 09 10 grand final winning 3rds boys are coming back after a few years of GVFL footy which will build alot of depth just hope its tru.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dookie coaching appointments - Dale Osborne to return from Tassie with his wife and young kids to coach out at Dookie again in 2012. Travis Waters reappointed seconds coach, Nick Brown reappointed thirds coach, Luke Sibley and Richard Matters reappointed fourths coaches.

Great to see dale back into the fold at dookie!! Will his old legs get him up and about playing or just a non playing role?? Either way at least the club knows what they are getting as he has been there before!!

Great to see dale back into the fold at dookie!! Will his old legs get him up and about playing or just a non playing role?? Either way at least the club knows what they are getting as he has been there before!!

Hey wash whats news out shepp east way, is the coach staying on? & how are the current players/new recruits shaping?

Hey wash whats news out shepp east way, is the coach staying on? & how are the current players/new recruits shaping?

It looks as if Besty is staying on by the Shepp News today. Good appointment by the committee as I reckon he has got the goods not only as a coach, but had a pearler of a year on the field as well. Haven't heard of any boom recruits, but I'm sure there are a few irons in the fire as they say :thumbsu:

Seeing Ozzie back to Dooks. I wonder if he can muster a few of the '07 mob back. Edmonston that went to Cobram for a couple of years may be on the radar. Thats if he hasn't spent too much time in the gym pumpin' iron and looking at himself in the mirror. Wouldn't think he would've needed to bulk up too much seeing he played that wide when he was out at the hills no one could get near him to run into him!

It looks as if Besty is staying on by the Shepp News today. Good appointment by the committee as I reckon he has got the goods not only as a coach, but had a pearler of a year on the field as well. Haven't heard of any boom recruits, but I'm sure there are a few irons in the fire as they say :thumbsu:

Seeing Ozzie back to Dooks. I wonder if he can muster a few of the '07 mob back. Edmonston that went to Cobram for a couple of years may be on the radar. Thats if he hasn't spent too much time in the gym pumpin' iron and looking at himself in the mirror. Wouldn't think he would've needed to bulk up too much seeing he played that wide when he was out at the hills no one could get near him to run into him!

Yeah i should've waited 1 more day before posting & I could've answered all my own questions!!!:D

2012 Coach Appointments:

Dookie United: D. Osborne
Katamatite: D. Kennedy
Katandra: D. O'Reilly
Katunga: S. Cockerell
Rennie: L. Ramsdale
Shepp East:H. Best
Tungamah: D. Payne
Waaia: G. Meyland

Is this correct?

Boo Hoo, the Moderator has spoken!! gee things must be boring over your way... Look out "Wash" you have been warned hahaha:eek:

HaHaHa Yeh sitter we must always remain on our finest posting behaviour at all times!! Not sure what the harm is with trying to get a bit of interest if a player has moved back to the area!! :cool:

HaHaHa Yeh sitter we must always remain on our finest posting behaviour at all times!! Not sure what the harm is with trying to get a bit of interest if a player has moved back to the area!! :cool:

Hey wash as u know i'm not taking sides in this 1 but it is abit dodgy sounding! Just done some research & basically all his posts since joining 12 months ago are about these young kid's from this league & these guys from that league want somewhere 2 play!! He also refers 2 his so called nephew as just a mate in 1 post & then in another he talks up this player then after being bagged he says nah nah he's ok but his cousin is better then still says the same name 4 the cousin!!?? I was amused (& bored obviously) whislt doin my research! I also found the player in question & didn't seem 2 have a glamour season as reported, pretty mediocre actually....
So as i know u & ur club pretty well i'd wouldn't be looking into it any further, would be a waste of time by the looks of it???

Any clubs been on the footy trip yet? Always keen to know destinations and highlights (remembering what goes on, stays on!!:thumbsu:) I think the Eagles are heading to a country race meet in the coming weeks. Dunno about everyone else, but seems to be gone are the days when you get 15-20 blokes head away for 2-3 days and camp in a local booza and drink, bet & be merry as a group. Everyone seems the need to be "doing something" and can't enjoy each others company over the course of the trip. Maybe I'm gettin' old but those trips were the best when the boys used to bunker down in a great pub for a day or two (that usually had a pretty tolerable owner) and spend some serious moula over the bar. Great times had by all.:) Ahhhhh! the olden days - ha ha

Rennie boys are off up north to Sin City in a couple of weeks time Ramnuts. I think the Randwick Races and a few City and Eastern Suburbs pubs are the plan. I'm certain that the behaviour of the hopper boys will be beyond repproach!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back