Picola & District South East 2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say it now... Akermanis to play for Shepp East in the finals as a part of his Country Tour.

Surely this can't be right... I would feel sorry for the bloke that misses out. I'd be interested to know what the players thought about it too, personally I would rather take the field with a mate than a bloke that has nothing to do with the footy club.

Once again, surely this couldn't happen?

Surely this can't be right... I would feel sorry for the bloke that misses out. I'd be interested to know what the players thought about it too, personally I would rather take the field with a mate than a bloke that has nothing to do with the footy club.

Once again, surely this couldn't happen?

Sorry, my above post should have had a few of these!! :D:eek::p

Cant be true as have to qualify for finals gents. Which leads me to ask the question. If a player has played a certain number of games in the seniors are they not able to play reserves finals?? I know they have that rule in cricket but unsure if they have the same rule in footy. Would be a few lads at a few clubs if that is the case. Pace and flag you maybe able to answer this???

Cheers

Cant be true as have to qualify for finals gents. Which leads me to ask the question. If a player has played a certain number of games in the seniors are they not able to play reserves finals?? I know they have that rule in cricket but unsure if they have the same rule in footy. Would be a few lads at a few clubs if that is the case. Pace and flag you maybe able to answer this???

Cheers

Players must have played 4 games to play finals, and to play reserves must have played no more than 9 senior games, can play 9 but not 10 !

1 round to go!
H.Best for medal as he has been super consistent with Cowan swooping home to get second. A.Dodd will no doubt poll well but has missed a few games. Also M.Kitto will go alright but dunno if Dooks have won enuff to get him into top 3.
N.Walker for the twos medal I hope:p
Have fun in the mud this weekend fellas!

Price for finals below

Price for Finals
Finals:
Adults $11.00 which includes a raffle ticket & The Spectator
Old Age Pension ONLY $7.00 which includes a raffle ticket & the Spectator
GRAND FINAL ONLY

Adults $13.00 which includes a raffle ticket & The Spectator

Price for finals below

Price for Finals
Finals:
Adults $11.00 which includes a raffle ticket & The Spectator
GRAND FINAL ONLY

Adults $13.00 which includes a raffle ticket & The Spectator
Pensioners $8

Players must have played 4 games to play finals, and to play reserves must have played no more than 9 senior games, can play 9 but not 10 !

Theoretically, you can play 9 senior games for your club, 0 reserves games and still play reserves finals. So any 'walk up' senior player who has been injured/unavailable or cleared late could carve it up in the midday show if they wanted to.

Theoretically, you can play 9 senior games for your club, 0 reserves games and still play reserves finals. So any 'walk up' senior player who has been injured/unavailable or cleared late could carve it up in the midday show if they wanted to.

look out waaia twos this weekend by the sound of it

Correct , also of interest, especially to Rennie in regards to Lochie Howe, is that TAC cup matches count as club senior matches IIRC ?

Well the fun time of the year has arrived and should be two cracking games this w,end to start the ball rolling!! My thoughts are that waaia might be up against it with the hoppers at shepp east this saturday!! waaia,s backline might be the downfall with strawhorn and mangan but in saying that if cowan goes to mangan then that will help but also take 5 goals away from waaia,s front half as cowan is a genuine gun up forward;)
rennie by 18 points
tungamah by 47 points
all the best to all finals teams this w,end:thumbsu:

look out waaia twos this weekend by the sound of it

Always a contentious issue around finals time.

A 'Senior' player may not want to take the spot of a regular 'Reserves' player, but many have been pleaded with by the Twos coach over the years.

Probably would be fairer system that all Reserves finals players should have at least played a couple of 2s games in the regular season.
-------------------
Waaia and Rennie will be an interesting clash. Two differing game styles. Rennie are starting to deliver after promising much last year. Waaia, have rebounded after a 7th place finish in 2010.

Tungamah and Dookie, have both had seasons that neither would be entirely happy with. Tungamah are the dark horse to me. They are capable of climbing deep into September if they do the right things and are a realistic chance for another premiership. Dookie could win this final, but I doubt it.

Well the fun time of the year has arrived and should be two cracking games this w,end to start the ball rolling!! My thoughts are that waaia might be up against it with the hoppers at shepp east this saturday!! waaia,s backline might be the downfall with strawhorn and mangan but in saying that if cowan goes to mangan then that will help but also take 5 goals away from waaia,s front half as cowan is a genuine gun up forward;)
rennie by 18 points
tungamah by 47 points
all the best to all finals teams this w,end:thumbsu:

Its goin to be heavy goin at Shepp East tomorrow, at the Southern end of the ground where the teams run out, it is very heavy, a lot of traffic has gone through that part of the ground including soccer on there the last two Sundays has not helped at all, but the other end of the ground (the netball court end) will be firm and in good conditions.... have fun boys...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picola & District Football Netball League

South East 2nd Semi Final at Tungamah

Home Rooms Visitors

9.20 Under 14’s Shepparton East Katandra
10.45 Under 17’s Shepparton East Dookie United
12.15 Reserves Tungamah Rennie
2.00 Seniors Shepparton East Rennie

Picola & District Football Netball League

South East 1st Semi Final at Waaia

Home Rooms Visitors

9.20 Under 14’s Dookie United Tungamah
10.45 Under 17’s Katunga Katandra
12.15 Reserves Waaia Shepparton East
2.00 Seniors Waaia Tungamah

waaia,s season seems to be coming to an early end with some injuries and poor late season form it seems they might have run out of steam for 2011 and with tunga,s young kids they will run them off there legs i would think
tunga by 32
What a cracker it will be at tunga rec reserve this weekend with the eagles playin the hoppers for a spot in the granny!! Will the week off help the eagles, will the heavy shepp east ground from last week affect rennie,s legs late in the game??/ Who will stop strawhorn? Mangan? cracker of a game and good weather to go with it:D

Will Lochlan Howe from the bushies play any part in rennies finals series?

Yep. 1 more game for the Bushies then he's up for selection after that. A nice problem to have at the selection table if everyone is fit and Loch is added to the mix.

Gee you Shepp blokes have gone quiet the last week or 2. Hearing stories of a bit of a stoush on the weekend involving some senior players. Or was it just some of the 2nds who carried on with their blueing with each other after the game last Saturday? Also hear the coach and some mates are off to Congupna for season 2012.

Good luck to all teams this weekend.

Nothing much to say from the boys from Shepp maybe because they are going quietly about there buisness.

Was a bit of a shock to see them go down to Rennie who will fancy themselves against both the Eagles and Bears with strong wins over them over the past week. Even more so with a massive inclusion to come in. Sucks to be the bloke to miss out.

Was a game of two halves at Waaia on Sunday with the bombers making a very late charge. Good to see Mayland hasnt changed and smacking a bloke behind play.

Rumor has it Sidebottom back out to Tally next year will put a very small gap in the Tunga deffence.

Eagles fell down across half forward with big man Dallas Crowe well held. Skills were down and will need to be up and about against the Bears on Saturday. The bigger ground will help the eagles a bit and will be another close game.

In the twos, again the eagles struggled for the second week in a row and will go into the game on Saturday extreame underdogs angaist the inform Rennie. From what i hear they have been having 5-10 minute rests in each quarter over the last two games, which will hurt them against the Hoppers. Dillon Flanngan has been taking some very strong marks across half forward and will play a major part in the game. Jake Fyfe has been playing strong for the Eagles all year and will also take some stopping. May need to find some more targets across half forward as tend to fall down there also.

Good luck to all on Saturday at Numurkah.

To anyone who is playing on Saturday in the Preliminary final at Numurkah, prepare to play on the WORST football ground playing surface you will ever see... :thumbsdown:
No ground I have played on in my life comes close to how awful this ground is. Being an MFL ground, you would expect much better. I can't believe the PDFL is using such a disgrace of a ground, especially in finals, when they have thier own perfectly good grounds to use.

Hey runaround. That's fine for the shepp boys to go quietly about their business, but up until a few weeks ago a few of them were happy for a bit of banter. But their silence is deafening at the moment. Anyway, they've been the dominant team in the comp for a couple of years so I don't think we've seen or heard the last of them yet. Hopefully the rennie boys won't fancy themselves too much after saturday - they haven't won the comp yet. Anyway, the shepp news quoted the rennie coach today that loch howe will come in so yep, someone is going to be a bit sad on thursday week. That happens with every club when they name the GF team.

A bit surprised to see tunga roll waaia but good on them. Don't be too sure that the bigger ground will suit the eagles better this saturday. I would have thought that with so many young quick blokes it will suit tunga nicely. Time will tell.

Jazza23 - what is wrong with the numurkah ground? Surely it can't be that bad if the MFL clubs (to my knowledge) haven't complained about it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think it is Katunga who is hosting the prelim final? They must have some reason for not hosting it at home (parking, netball courts not up to scratch, who knows?).

Jazza23 - what is wrong with the numurkah ground? Surely it can't be that bad if the MFL clubs (to my knowledge) haven't complained about it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think it is Katunga who is hosting the prelim final? They must have some reason for not hosting it at home (parking, netball courts not up to scratch, who knows?).[/quote]

My mail is that the deck at Numurkah is like concrete. They will be hoping the council put the sprinklers on during the week. Whoever is lucky enough to get through to the big dance, I'm sure it will take a bit out of their legs playing on that rink.

With regard to the Eagles, the Grass Hoppers really put it on the line Sat and well done to them. Their forward line was supreme and their targets gave the Eagles a few headaches. Admittedly the Eagles midfield struggled a bit and I reckon we will not see all of them have days like that at the same time again, but you can only play as well as your opposition let you. Super effort for Rennie to come from where they have over the past few years.

Now there focus turns to the Bears. This should be a belter. Will the bog grounds suit the young legs of the Bears or the hard running and spread of the eagles. Time will tell. Dunno if any injuries will play a part as reading fromthe local parchment, the Bears were without a bench for part of the game. Will these guys get up?? I'm sure the Eagles boys would've been hoping for Doddy or Payne to ping a string.

Hope its a good day on Sat and we get a big crowd. I for one am not sure of finals at other leagues grounds - just for the record.:thumbsdown:

Tunga have had a hard run of games the last 6 weeks. They've showed some character. But Shepp surely won't have 2 bad weeks in a row and should win by 6 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back