Picola & District South East 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking over posts from the last couple of weeks and have been reading alot about Rennie, i play at Spotswood in the WRFL and can tell you that my good mate Daniel Mangan who has been picked up by Rennie will be one of the pick ups of the year CHF or CHB he has very stick hands and takes a massive pack mark, standing at 6'5 and is lighting for his size, kicks big goals when they are needed, from outside 50 at times. Ive captained SFC with him for the last 4 years and we were lucky enough to pick up 3 flags, a true leader of out football club, every1 would walk taller when he was on the park, i know it sounds like im up his ass but this bloke can play footy! I may stand corrected but from what i know he has made the trip up the hume to train with his new team mates 4 times already.

P.S Mango has finished in the top 4 of our B&F the last 4 years not bad when we have played off in the GF in those years, hope i havent put too much presure on him! Gun footballer and ripper bloke!

read your initial post before parts of it were thankfully deleted. as a neutral footy supporter it is interesting to talk footy in yarra and mul with people from all the clubs. yarra and mul fc boys are positive about their season 2010 and for next year. they aren't hooking into each other or their opposition. the rennie boys are happy with this year and are keen for 2011 to keep improving. they arent bagging out anyone or any club. but all im hearing the last few weeks from tunga people is sniping and bitching. most of it is directed at rennie. their budget, their players, committee. not from all tunga people though as there are some good ones out there. but its really getting boring. its also helping neutral footy people in yarra mul decide who they will be supporting next year. tunga had some good leaders a few years ago out there when they were on the up who seem to have left or stepped back a bit. this would not have happenned under them. good luck next year tunga but please do something about the big mouths in your club.

I was probably out of line with my comments given it was only rumours I had heard although i didnt expect such a reaction from the plaque, therefore felt it was right to remove the last bit. But I am in no way involved with tunga fc as you will find if you read my comments from earlier in the year. Appreciate the feed back all the same and good to see you support all your local clubs

tell you what rennie are going to be super wrapped with snagging daniel mangen out of the WRFL. Would not surprise me if he wins the league best and fairest and kicks 100+ goals, an out and out GUN!. I'd hate to be playing CHB for opposition sides this year

with all the new recruits out at locusts land im looking forward to a massive year coming up, would have been easier having all these blokes when i was coaching magoos a few years ago seeing most of the blokes that played twos last year are already training and keen to improve on last years disappointing finish

can anyone name all the recruits they have heard of and/or losses of all clubs, i know is still early but haven been hearing too much

Apparently they are former coach and player Mark Brown and Wayne 'Chooka' Fowles.

Will be interesting to see how they go. What do others think?

Is that Browny from Numurkah? If it is, I hope he's not in charge of discipline b/c if the MFL site is anything to go by, he wasn't the most sportsman like of players in years gone by.

Whilst I'm on here, I think I saw C.Dungeon (Dookie) running, for want of a better word, with Shepp FC last night. Has he jumped ship or was I mistaken. If he's gone back , I would suggest they wouldn't be too happy out in the hills. I reckon they might have wanted a bit better return from him last year as I would sugggest he would've been on a bit of cha-ching. That would leave the dooks a bit short on their talls :). As you would suggest Payney would finally give it away and that other bloke (No.7) may succumb to mozzie bites this summer and not be able to play coz he is itchy. Did they have any good young talls from their 3rds that could step up?

from what im hearing dudge will be assistant to tim his been out at dookie, they had 30 or so at training last week. The 3rds had 4 or 5 blokes over 6 foot so they may have to step up. Young Ed Mckenzie got picked in bushys squad so if he stays at dookie he would be in the ruck.

Maybe big greggy will have a run hehe

from what im hearing dudge will be assistant to tim his been out at dookie, they had 30 or so at training last week. The 3rds had 4 or 5 blokes over 6 foot so they may have to step up. Young Ed Mckenzie got picked in bushys squad so if he stays at dookie he would be in the ruck.

Maybe big greggy will have a run hehe

They would be pleased that the big fella is back on board. Sportspower will need to get more teal coloured gloves in for the softy!:)

By the way, are you related to that 80's rock band, white?:D

Sorry but it is Fri arvo!:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ducked out to Central Ave last night to have a look at the Eagles commence their title defence. I'd guess about 25 odd on the track. Pretty normal first up run with both balls and running part of the night. Frappell, Mason and Marchment looked in pretty good knick. One thing I did notice was that the night was taken by young Gert Foley in the absence of their leader from last year. A few murmurings that maybe he is looking to unseat the current master as it is believed last years coach has hit up the club for a bonus upon leading the club to a flag last year!:eek: Wash might be able to clear that up as I think he is pretty close to Besty and find out the real story why he wasn't taking training.
I did also see old man spencer labouring around the ground. Maybe a chance to add to his 500 odd VCFL games this year:D

Ducked out to Central Ave last night to have a look at the Eagles commence their title defence. I'd guess about 25 odd on the track. Pretty normal first up run with both balls and running part of the night. Frappell, Mason and Marchment looked in pretty good knick. One thing I did notice was that the night was taken by young Gert Foley in the absence of their leader from last year. A few murmurings that maybe he is looking to unseat the current master as it is believed last years coach has hit up the club for a bonus upon leading the club to a flag last year!:eek: Wash might be able to clear that up as I think he is pretty close to Besty and find out the real story why he wasn't taking training.
I did also see old man spencer labouring around the ground. Maybe a chance to add to his 500 odd VCFL games this year:D

Was also their casting my over the current crop, a lot of work to be done, also saw Spencer running round he looked like the only one that could hit a target, Captain Frost needs to sharpen up his skills and what about Johnny Weber or was that Johnny Beiber with the funny running style, he definitely needs a bit more work... HA HA

hey there nutta, yeh the cockroach has been as crook as a penguin in a desert would be so he threw a once in a lifetime opportunity to young gert foley so how did he go?? rumour has it he started talkin bout his old man,s grand final losses?? mmm interesting!!:p Great to see sir ramnuts out there gracing the central park grass again as he should be in 2011!! Still early doors but the real training to start on jan 11th tuesday and thursday all year round!! How did u go fencesitter did u trundle around mate?? Cant see why karjam cant pull the boots on again and do trigga type roll next year??:rolleyes:

hey there nutta, yeh the cockroach has been as crook as a penguin in a desert would be so he threw a once in a lifetime opportunity to young gert foley so how did he go?? rumour has it he started talkin bout his old man,s grand final losses?? mmm interesting!!:p Great to see sir ramnuts out there gracing the central park grass again as he should be in 2011!! Still early doors but the real training to start on jan 11th tuesday and thursday all year round!! How did u go fencesitter did u trundle around mate?? Cant see why karjam cant pull the boots on again and do trigga type roll next year??:rolleyes:

The nutta was there sittin on the boundary... looks like he should get back into a bit of training, maybe Spencer could just do the Kick Ins and spot up a few targets 80m down the ground, not like Burkeys little 20m mishits... HA HA

I too happened to lob out the "Avenue" was abit taken aback with the Foley nomination for training duties... thought the newly appointed 2's coach may have been asked to take the reigns in the absence of coach Daniel Best "think thats his name" Anyway Fencesitter held his own comfortably paired up with Tatts Palmer in the running!! was a bit concerned with the amount of Amber flowing afterwards, at last check The Medalist was seen going stubby for stubby with the Tongan, not a great mix one would of thought?

I too happened to lob out the "Avenue" was abit taken aback with the Foley nomination for training duties... thought the newly appointed 2's coach may have been asked to take the reigns in the absence of coach Daniel Best "think thats his name" Anyway Fencesitter held his own comfortably paired up with Tatts Palmer in the running!! was a bit concerned with the amount of Amber flowing afterwards, at last check The Medalist was seen going stubby for stubby with the Tongan, not a great mix one would of thought?

Yeh russell will have to bide his time until the cold winter months to take the reins i,d say when its harder to get to trainin? As for foley i think it was right place right time as little gert was attending some plumbing problems at the cockroaches house so the idea came up!! Anyway good to blow the cobwebs out im sure before settling into a few xmas beers:D

Spotted the Rennie boys on the track last night at the Yarra High School. Thought it was big call training on a Friday but they would have had 30 - 35 on the track which was impressive (for Rennie and for this time of the year)! Some of their recruits in big Mango, the tassie boy Medwin and Ben James look like being very good additions. Locals walking and driving past yelling out encouragement to the boys made for a good atmosphere. The boys then seemed to go harder on the drink last night and were out in numbers. Yet to win a match in 2011 but the boys seem to be up and about and there is plenty of support around town for them.

Spotted the Rennie boys on the track last night at the Yarra High School. Thought it was big call training on a Friday but they would have had 30 - 35 on the track which was impressive (for Rennie and for this time of the year)! Some of their recruits in big Mango, the tassie boy Medwin and Ben James look like being very good additions. Locals walking and driving past yelling out encouragement to the boys made for a good atmosphere. The boys then seemed to go harder on the drink last night and were out in numbers. Yet to win a match in 2011 but the boys seem to be up and about and there is plenty of support around town for them.

How are they getting all of these quility players????

How are they getting all of these quility players????

Probably the same way that any team gets quality players. Good recruiters or connections. Rennie's coach would be at the forefront of that. He has plenty of mates in footy. You don't get these blokes for nothing so the hoppers must have a bit of $. They look to be a club on the rise so it is usually easier getting blokes to play if your team is finals bound and having a bit of a crack. They're always pretty welcoming out there too which makes it easier. Have always been strong on the social side of things with a pretty good clubhouse and bar these days. A few Yarra boys following some mates out there probably looking for a bit of a change. Rennie provides a good option I suppose.

Probably the same way that any team gets quality players. Good recruiters or connections. Rennie's coach would be at the forefront of that. He has plenty of mates in footy. You don't get these blokes for nothing so the hoppers must have a bit of $. They look to be a club on the rise so it is usually easier getting blokes to play if your team is finals bound and having a bit of a crack. They're always pretty welcoming out there too which makes it easier. Have always been strong on the social side of things with a pretty good clubhouse and bar these days. A few Yarra boys following some mates out there probably looking for a bit of a change. Rennie provides a good option I suppose.

spot on there plague. they looked a bit of a train wreck a few years back but they are on the right track now. well done to the committee and coaches for their work out there. not an easy task to get a club "up" when they've been down. i think most of the quality recruits are through connections. mangan mates with the coach, james lobbed home from qld and was looking for a coaching role (assistant coach) and also mates with coach, bigger is marrying coaches sister, medwin played there a few years ago and was keen to come back up from tasmania.

on the other hand, sounds like katty might be heading in the opposite direction with the losses of wildy and a few of his travelling mates. heard they offered wildy top dollar to stay on as a player recently and he knocked them back. don't think he was happy with how things ended up out there as coach for him this year. shame if true for all involved. got some handy kids out there though and best of luck to chooka and brown to hopefully keep them competitive.

no news on dookie on this thread. how are they looking?

Yeh russell will have to bide his time until the cold winter months to take the reins i,d say when its harder to get to trainin? As for foley i think it was right place right time as little gert was attending some plumbing problems at the cockroaches house so the idea came up!! Anyway good to blow the cobwebs out im sure before settling into a few xmas beers:D

I heard the coach couldn't make it cos he didn't want to wreck his new hair do!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::D:D:D Apparently he had just given it a blow wave too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back