GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
A place for discussion of all the matters in the South East.
----
Dookie United, Katamatite, Katandra, Katunga, Rennie, Shepparton East, Tungamah, Waaia

Re: Picola District FL - General Thread 2009

Good to see the North West busy!

Katandra begin training this Wednesday. Derek Hall again at the helm, assisted by 2009 Best & Fairest Daniel O'Reilly.

Unfortunately it looks like all 3 of the president's sons will be playing elsewhere due to uni commitments.

Good to see the North West busy!

Katandra begin training this Wednesday. Derek Hall again at the helm, assisted by 2009 Best & Fairest Daniel O'Reilly.

Unfortunately it looks like all 3 of the president's sons will be playing elsewhere due to uni commitments.

Who's the prez these days Thommo, G. Riordan?

That would be a fair loss to katandra for 2010 if it,s the riordan boy,s??
How was training friday nite crocket?? many there and a few frothie.s after it?

Good numbers giveitawash, 37 apparently. Zero frothies for me, had to attend work saturday morning, early - didn't see you there!! I was also far too out of breathe to drink anything :D

How many Riordan's played there last year? Andrew..Brent? Matthew was at Colbo wasn't he?

The north comp seems to have alot more talk about this coming season

Anyone heard about some players movements for the South east comp seems all very quiet.

Who are the teams that look to be the big improvers for this coming season??

Good numbers giveitawash, 37 apparently. Zero frothies for me, had to attend work saturday morning, early - didn't see you there!! I was also far too out of breathe to drink anything :D

How many Riordan's played there last year? Andrew..Brent? Matthew was at Colbo wasn't he?

Matt played in 06-07 losing GF's
Brent played in 08 losing GF
Andrew played in 08 losing GF and in 2009.

Looks like all three will be away in 2010. We will be again welcoming some good Katandra boys into the senior ranks this year.

Had some good discussions since our prelim final loss to Shepp East... regarding 'topping up' vs 'killing the culture'. Yes, history may condemn us to being an underperforming team due to being so close so often, but I'd like to think that we are the last of the loyal in terms of being competitive without needing the services of 'marquee' players to roll the dice at a premiership tilt.

I remember a quote about Shepp East and finals a couple of years ago in the Shepp News (in the CGFL days referring to their reserves) in that spring brings two things for the boys at the East.... daisies and premierships. Well, at Katandra we might have a few daisies around... and maybe not as many premierships as could have been possible, but we have a club that will be thereabouts for years to come and will not have to rely on a group of individuals rocking in to ensure our competitiveness.

This post is not having a go at Shepp East directly. It is more having a go at the system that so many clubs have to go through to gain a chance at a premiership Vs the fortunate position the Katandra FC finds itself in year after year due to its ability to retain players, possibly due to its proximity to Shepparton and other factors in our favour.

What kind of coin would a young bloke like jon tucket from united get at clubs looking for recruits in the picola league

Matt played in 06-07 losing GF's
Brent played in 08 losing GF
Andrew played in 08 losing GF and in 2009.

Looks like all three will be away in 2010. We will be again welcoming some good Katandra boys into the senior ranks this year.

Had some good discussions since our prelim final loss to Shepp East... regarding 'topping up' vs 'killing the culture'. Yes, history may condemn us to being an underperforming team due to being so close so often, but I'd like to think that we are the last of the loyal in terms of being competitive without needing the services of 'marquee' players to roll the dice at a premiership tilt.

I remember a quote about Shepp East and finals a couple of years ago in the Shepp News (in the CGFL days referring to their reserves) in that spring brings two things for the boys at the East.... daisies and premierships. Well, at Katandra we might have a few daisies around... and maybe not as many premierships as could have been possible, but we have a club that will be thereabouts for years to come and will not have to rely on a group of individuals rocking in to ensure our competitiveness.

This post is not having a go at Shepp East directly. It is more having a go at the system that so many clubs have to go through to gain a chance at a premiership Vs the fortunate position the Katandra FC finds itself in year after year due to its ability to retain players, possibly due to its proximity to Shepparton and other factors in our favour.
YADA YADA YADA same old song katandra sing another one, i'm sure the rest of the league is hearing me!!!:spade::footy::spade:

YADA YADA YADA same old song katandra sing another one, i'm sure the rest of the league is hearing me!!!:spade::footy::spade:

Waaia sing a similar tune! And many other clubs would like to!

So Jon not happy with the Kattamatite offer or just checking market ?:D:D
sorry mate its called digression. Jon doesn't know where to play and he posed me with the question i asked on here. My enquiry about Katamatite was to do with my own footballing aspirations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorry mate its called digression. Jon doesn't know where to play and he posed me with the question i asked on here. My enquiry about Katamatite was to do with my own footballing aspirations

If he is asking people how much he is worth, I'd suggest hes worth about a quarter of what he thinks hes worth, and I don't reckon his value has increased lately ??

Waaia sing a similar tune! And many other clubs would like to!
how about you just worry about your own club and let other clubs worry about who they are keeping or losing it's all getting a bit pathetic the constent rants about how many players you have that stay it's almost like you guys are obsessed with it get over yourself katandra your not that " perfect " !!!!!:spade::footy::spade:

How are things shaping up at Katunga? Nick Howden back to Numurkah was reported in the paper.

What kind of coin would a young bloke like jon tucket from united get at clubs looking for recruits in the picola league
never heard of him? sounds like he loves himself if he expects coin....?

how about you just worry about your own club and let other clubs worry about who they are keeping or losing it's all getting a bit pathetic the constent rants about how many players you have that stay it's almost like you guys are obsessed with it get over yourself katandra your not that " perfect " !!!!!:spade::footy::spade:
haha. theres a reason that hardly anyone leaves. not just that for the last 5 years we have finished in the top 3, its a great club with great support. shepp east is a different story

haha. theres a reason that hardly anyone leaves. not just that for the last 5 years we have finished in the top 3, its a great club with great support. shepp east is a different story
haha yeah you would know how it is at shepp east wouldn't ya even though you've never been involved in the club!!!!:spade::footy::spade:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back