Picola & District FL SE 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fencesitter you are spot on. while I'm not fan of getting stuck into club umpires this particular fellow has been taking the p1ss for years. i've fronted him and i've fronted members of his committee over this - waste of time. my club feels it is 18 vs 19 every time we play them. a good club like tunga shouldnt be condoning this. difficult issue to deal with at league level. his club will defend him and the league probably should as well. until his club do something about this it continues to be a blight on the 2nds comp

fencesitter you are spot on. while I'm not fan of getting stuck into club umpires this particular fellow has been taking the p1ss for years. i've fronted him and i've fronted members of his committee over this - waste of time. my club feels it is 18 vs 19 every time we play them. a good club like tunga shouldnt be condoning this. difficult issue to deal with at league level. his club will defend him and the league probably should as well. until his club do something about this it continues to be a blight on the 2nds comp

Hahaha yeah righto 'welcome" to bf andymac.

Not difficult at all , shall a CLUB rather than individuals raise concerns which appears not be the case in this regard .
Very very confident this is purely sour grapes from a individual , after all if it was bigger wouldn't the club or league have taken action ??
Maybe a few on here need to take up umpiring and show they rest of us how it should be done ?

So Tunga's unbeaten run came to an end. Can anyone who witnessed the game give us a run down of how the game panned out? Did the SE lads play to their potential or did the Bears have a bad game?

Also was anyone else surprised with the Rennie v Dookie result? A ten goal win suggests they played all over the opposition.

What makes you think your club would permit you attend a league meeting or that the league would permit such discussion ?
You are embarrassing your club which you should be ashamed of .
I'm asking the question? You are the one who keeps banging on about taking it to the league!! From your point of view, I can't raise the issue on here and now my club won't allow it to be taken to the league and the league won't discuss it.
I am not embarrassing my club I AM the one who brought it up on here NOT my CLUB, and am not in the slightest bit ashamed of anything!! and as you raised earlier I WILL stand by what I say on here, so hit me up if you want to discuss anything person Peanut.

Go to a newspaper and try to put defaming articles in there without disclosing your identity , you'd be laughed at .
It is a very very gutless thing to do.
How can you sit here and talk about being Gutless? Unless of course your actual name is "The Roar Is Back" where has Mr Coppez said anything about placing defaming articles in papers?

Just for the record I do not know "andymac2013" but agree entirely!!
P.S. Look out for "Roar" and "Would I" on here, this topic is a sensitive one!!

Not difficult at all , shall a CLUB rather than individuals raise concerns which appears not be the case in this regard .
Very very confident this is purely sour grapes from a individual , after all if it was bigger wouldn't the club or league have taken action ??
Maybe a few on here need to take up umpiring and show they rest of us how it should be done ?
Maybe people don't want to be met with being labelled a "Sour Grape", I'll try again for your sake!! EVERYONE agrees that club umpires are required and it is not an easy job!! I have felt this way for years in regards to the "said" umpire but have let it ride as thankfully it only happens once or twice per season when we play them and thankfully the "said" umpire does not officiate in September and the main reason being it is too easy run with the sour grapes standard line, and for the record I myself and many others at my club do officiate in other grades.

^fencesitter I'll put it to you in very simple terms . It would appear common that clubs often raise issues with the league and they are dealt with in a manner inwhich the dignity and best interests of all concerned are taken into account , thankfully . From time to time that may include the performance of umpires, including club umpires and quite possibly you . :eek:
I would suggest there is more than one club who have already or will consider not providing club umpires against your club as a result of your comments upon here . That leaves the league to organize GVFUA umpires if available or have no game where no points , you would assume , would be awarded to either side ?
The fact a number of people from your club have wished to distance themselves from your comments upon here would suggest you have embarrassed your club .
Next time think about the process you take before leaving behind a s**t storm and leave your smutty personal insults to when someone is in your company .

Maybe people don't want to be met with being labelled a "Sour Grape", I'll try again for your sake!! EVERYONE agrees that club umpires are required and it is not an easy job!! I have felt this way for years in regards to the "said" umpire but have let it ride as thankfully it only happens once or twice per season when we play them and thankfully the "said" umpire does not officiate in September and the main reason being it is too easy run with the sour grapes standard line, and for the record I myself and many others at my club do officiate in other grades.

Hold on you admit you have let things ride for years , never seek to take the appropriate course of action but now think its ok to do a public attack on said umpire???
Ok how about I try again for your sake. I have taken this action myself as a club delegate and was not met with a sour grape label as we went about things the right way. League took action and problem was resolved to our satisfaction.
Approach your club delegates to contact the league if they deem necessary. Must say I am surprised they haven't already if its as bad as you say?
You have now been told this about five times. It's a shame you didn't heed the advice I gave in my first post as maybe your club would now be listening and the league would listen. Knowing full well this will annoy you...but hate to say I told you so!!

It's just sad you have chosen to embarrass your club in this process as its their ID that is obvious not yours.

fair enough. still not sure how such a matter could be dealt with "delicately" at league level, but i must say they do a pretty good job running the comp so i wont doubt the pdfl. i think it requires some maturity by the umpies club - not to get all defensive as has happened in the past. its a big call to call an umpie a cheat. do that at a league meeting and the individual or club will feel like theyve shot bambi. and ive witnessed the individuals behaviour towards others when previously called out for this and that is not a situation people generally wish to encounter. anyway, the issue is a bit more out in the open - fencesitter saying what some others out in clubland are thinking. cant see it being fixed unfortunately. yep, umpiring is a difficult job. im guilty of bagging them a bit. but you cant bag an umpie who is trying, and is CONSISTENT for both teams on the paddock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair enough. still not sure how such a matter could be dealt with "delicately" at league level, but i must say they do a pretty good job running the comp so i wont doubt the pdfl. i think it requires some maturity by the umpies club - not to get all defensive as has happened in the past. its a big call to call an umpie a cheat. do that at a league meeting and the individual or club will feel like theyve shot bambi. and ive witnessed the individuals behaviour towards others when previously called out for this and that is not a situation people generally wish to encounter. anyway, the issue is a bit more out in the open - fencesitter saying what some others out in clubland are thinking. cant see it being fixed unfortunately. yep, umpiring is a difficult job. im guilty of bagging them a bit. but you cant bag an umpie who is trying, and is CONSISTENT for both teams on the paddock.

It's not handled at a league meeting... Geez you would have an all in!!
Club execs write to league executives who determine best way to handle the situation.
things are being handled delicately on a regular basis by both clubs and league.
Helps if people like yourself and fencesitter heed advice and back off instead of acting like self appointed vigilante riding in to save the day. Hasn't helped has it? Did you ever take it to your club execs?
Fencesitter has behaved appallingly himself on here not being able to control his temper and continually resorting to insults and name calling....hardly a hero as you seem to be trying to make him out to be.

Ps truly hope you aren't an imaginary friend of fencesitter?

I dare "roar" and "WILTY" to send a letter to each club asking about the form of said umpire... I bet you won't! Because then you would have to do something about it!

dont know fencesitter. dont know you. havent seen his/her previous posts so im not sure about tempers or name calling. certainly not ideal way to address this but i can guarantee you club committee members have tried to address this with the club in question, only to get a ridiculous and nasty response. im not a contributor to bf but i just had to jump in to back the poster re this issue, because it is festering. no, probably hasnt helped though. reckon ive had my say so i might go back to being a reader. anyway, much prefer to read about the footy. good to see shepp east roll tunga. gives the others a bit of hope that tunga arent unbeatable, and thats good for the comp. also, i must say i expected waaia might have been going a bit better. theyve been up for a few years and after last year (and with rennie and shepp seemingly dropping back a bit) i expected them to really set themselves for a crack at it in 2013. i cant see them winning the comp at this point. good to see katty playing back at home and the new clubrooms look good.

Pretty sure the league would do something should it be brought to the their attention officially. Maybe they should send a letter out about how players performed in interleague! :p

^fencesitter I'll put it to you in very simple terms . It would appear common that clubs often raise issues with the league and they are dealt with in a manner inwhich the dignity and best interests of all concerned are taken into account , thankfully . From time to time that may include the performance of umpires, including club umpires and quite possibly you . :eek:
I would suggest there is more than one club who have already or will consider not providing club umpires against your club as a result of your comments upon here . That leaves the league to organize GVFUA umpires if available or have no game where no points , you would assume , would be awarded to either side ?
The fact a number of people from your club have wished to distance themselves from your comments upon here would suggest you have embarrassed your club .
Next time think about the process you take before leaving behind a s**t storm and leave your smutty personal insults to when someone is in your company .
Yeah champ so I hear, so you have taken my comments to your league, not sure why other clubs apart from Tunga would refuse to supply an umpire? Would you like me to officiate those games? Of course my president is going to distance himself he didn't know Bigfooty existed till you rang. Anyway I'll let you have the final word as can't be bothered

I dare "roar" and "WILTY" to send a letter to each club asking about the form of said umpire... I bet you won't! Because then you would have to do something about it!

Your right I won't!!

Until such time as your club follows the appropriate channels I would suggest no action will be taken.

The league needs to be CONSISTENT to all parties so of course a procedure has to be followed only fair right??

Yeah champ so I hear, so you have taken my comments to your league, not sure why other clubs apart from Tunga would refuse to supply an umpire? Would you like me to officiate those games? Of course my president is going to distance himself he didn't know Bigfooty existed till you rang. Anyway I'll let you have the final word as can't be bothered
No actually I believe others brought their concerns to the leagues attention .

Cause I wouldn't , would you expect anyone to send a letter to every club over any or every incident that someone isn't happy with ?
By the way , how'd the vest fit ? :thumbsu:

dont know fencesitter. dont know you. havent seen his/her previous posts so im not sure about tempers or name calling. certainly not ideal way to address this but i can guarantee you club committee members have tried to address this with the club in question, only to get a ridiculous and nasty response. im not a contributor to bf but i just had to jump in to back the poster re this issue, because it is festering. no, probably hasnt helped though. reckon ive had my say so i might go back to being a reader. anyway, much prefer to read about the footy. good to see shepp east roll tunga. gives the others a bit of hope that tunga arent unbeatable, and thats good for the comp. also, i must say i expected waaia might have been going a bit better. theyve been up for a few years and after last year (and with rennie and shepp seemingly dropping back a bit) i expected them to really set themselves for a crack at it in 2013. i cant see them winning the comp at this point. good to see katty playing back at home and the new clubrooms look good.
Mate yeah Tunga are a good side & will most likely be in the last game of the year, but don't count out Waaia, I think they're just timing their run! They are my pick to go all the way!! :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back