Picola District FL - General Thread 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not seen anything yet PTF, ready to give a little more away?
Believe it was in todays Shepp News that Picola have named joint coaches, past players Baesch ( spell ? ) and Killmartin, who have both played in a couple of senior premiership in the last couple of years and have also played a bit up north during the off season, so if my mail is correct we may see a few NT boys joining the PDFL next season ??
Whilst an ex( 2007 ?) major league, League B&F winner may be headed to the NW PDFL ??

United boys Baksh where it began
November 4 2009
Shepparton News

Football journeymen Chris Baksh and Darren Killmister will return to where it all began next year.
The good friends will cocoach Picola United in the Picola District Football League north west division after playing all of their junior football - and the start of their senior careers - at the club.

Baksh, a small forwardmidfielder, and Killmister, a full-back, will pull on the boots for Picola United on top of their coaching duties.

Picola United officials had been chasing the pair since last season and their appointments were finalised last Friday.

Baksh, who is playing in Darwin for Nightcliff during summer, admitted the pull of home was strong.

"We played all our junior footy there and, with me being 30 and Darren 32, we just felt it was the right time to come back to our home club," Baksh said.

"It's pretty exciting to go back to your home club and, hopefully, bring some success.

"They've been a successful club off the field and I just think (this season's playing coach) Matty Daniel has done a great job developing the juniors.

"Hopefully, we can bring a few senior guys to the list and we should sign a few in the next couple of weeks."

Daniel is staying on as a player.

Baksh and Killmister competed for Tyrendarra for the past two seasons in South West District Football Netball League where they lost last year's decider before being knocked out in the elimination final stage this season.

They also won a senior flag with Coreen-Daysdale United in 2006.

Killmister will be in charge during the preseason, but Baksh will take the reins on game days and is looking positively towards an improved year at Picola United.

"The young guys around the club will be a year older and if we keep our list together, with the input of me and Darren into the side, hopefully, we can have a good season," he said.

"Our main aim is to recruit locals back to the club."

Hey PTF RE: your quote from Roo's wasnt Voss one of the all time best sledgers in the game i wouldnt have called him weak or not able to compete with anyone.

Hey PTF RE: your quote from Roo's wasnt Voss one of the all time best sledgers in the game i wouldnt have called him weak or not able to compete with anyone.
Wouldn't know Rudy never played against him , but its a persons opinion. One who has played at the top level including state footy, played in the horrors years at Fitzroy and has enjoyed the ultimate in coaching, AFL premiership, whilst also being able to maintain a balance in life and being recognised publically for his morals and role within his family, " Father of the Year ".
Someone who is extremely well respected by his peers and a lot of very sucessfull people world wide .
I also don't think he was indicating someone who has sledged as weak , but more so that when someone sledges its a fairly good sign that they have conceeded that they can't compete on merit with the person whom they sledge !!

I agree

Maybe Shane Warne worked the opposite way, he may have been trying to bring opponents up to his level by sledging them.
There are lots of examples of succesfull sportspeople who have sledged, but its the actual merit of the act, which is being questioned, and I totally agree with the comment from what I have heard / seen first hand !
Was Tysons ear biting episode tough ?

heard the rovers are chasing a few guys from the rams in a home town tug of war? can anyone confirm? also heard parsons has said its no holds bared now on chasing rovers boys now they have targeted there mob, personally cant see this happening as rams tend to keep there money with there click and cant really see them offering any rovers guys coin as rovers really dont have the quality major league players that can break a game open, expect parsons to be just calling the rover boys and telling them to come down see what its like, with not even a hint of money being mentioned, and expect bode to be offering positions in assistant coaching roles with maybe a little bit of money to draw them away from the old faithful rams.

heard the rovers are chasing a few guys from the rams in a home town tug of war? can anyone confirm? also heard parsons has said its no holds bared now on chasing rovers boys now they have targeted there mob, personally cant see this happening as rams tend to keep there money with there click and cant really see them offering any rovers guys coin as rovers really dont have the quality major league players that can break a game open, expect parsons to be just calling the rover boys and telling them to come down see what its like, with not even a hint of money being mentioned, and expect bode to be offering positions in assistant coaching roles with maybe a little bit of money to draw them away from the old faithful rams.
Got any player names who may be involved GM ?

There wouldnt be any money mentioned as according to everyone the rams dont pay any players.

Can say that the talks between players and clubs from both sides has been very minimal. Dont think there will be any changing of personal between clubs. As for any quality major league players, rovers would almost have as many major league premiership players in the 09 side as the rams did. silly comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heard the rovers are chasing a few guys from the rams in a home town tug of war? can anyone confirm? also heard parsons has said its no holds bared now on chasing rovers boys now they have targeted there mob, personally cant see this happening as rams tend to keep there money with there click and cant really see them offering any rovers guys coin as rovers really dont have the quality major league players that can break a game open, expect parsons to be just calling the rover boys and telling them to come down see what its like, with not even a hint of money being mentioned, and expect bode to be offering positions in assistant coaching roles with maybe a little bit of money to draw them away from the old faithful rams.[/quote

I think this issue pops up every silly season and it would be interesting to see the number of people that have switched between the two clubs in the last 10 years, i would not think it would be too many.

Would not think there would be too many players approached formally between the two clubs, would have thought it would be between mates trying to play together.

I think Rovers probably have a few experienced players that the Rams would love to have on board, given their young side, and i am sure that Rovers would love to have some of the Rams boys jump on board.

At the end of the day all the players in town know what each of the two clubs have to offer and where they play will be decided by that and where their mates are playing.

Sorry boys, seem to have killed the thread.

Training in November cant be considered pre season, would have to be called off season or perhaps pre pre season.

Has anyone started yet???? or when are clubs getting under way again?

Had a chat with the great BJ Ryan last night over a few frothies at a wedding reception.... got talking about the circumstances that led to Strathmerton joining the PDFL back in 1995.

The Dogs had been down for a few years, Kraft and others put some $ on the table and got the Dogs up and eventially lost the 1994 MFL Preliminary Final. A week or two before Round one in 1995 Strathmerton were to compete in the MFL. Numbers were way down and the club were looking at sitting out the year, the PDFL instantly accepted them (may have already had a draw made as the writing was on the wall... PDFL was 8 teams then, Strathmerton being the 9th). Pretty amazing I thought, this coming after Mathoura joining the comp in 1990? Making the league go from a small league to its current set up with everyone wanting in.

..... Was a very interesting chat compared to the dribble that was occuring at the table nearest the bar! You know who you are! :D....

Leigh Ramsdale ex Yarrawonga assistant coach and Nathalia premiership player to coach Rennie next season. Assistant coach will be Ash Thomson ex Yarrawonga, Narrandera and Euroa.

does anyone know anything about Dave Hansford who shepp east have sighned up as assistant coach??? :spade::footy::spade:

does anyone know anything about Dave Hansford who shepp east have sighned up as assistant coach??? :spade::footy::spade:
Dave is a quick medium sized Fwd/Mid has good hands and a very accurate kick. Has played in premierships at Stanhope. Is a personal trainer and will be a great addition to Shepp East. Hasn't coached before but you have to start somewhere.

Leigh Ramsdale ex Yarrawonga assistant coach and Nathalia premiership player to coach Rennie next season. Assistant coach will be Ash Thomson ex Yarrawonga, Narrandera and Euroa.
well done rennie they will both be good quality blokes to have around the club, will there be any more going from mul/yarra teams

Mathoura or Kerang

They must have offered him 50 k Apeman ?

very true proven performer charles mac, you guys would be devistated if he decides to go to kerang, or do you think his up to his old tricks maybe?? big money man saying offers are else where to draw more out of deni rovers perhaps?? man is fairly lazy and loves a punt, why work when kerang are will ing to pay 1600 maybe 1700? mad not to go yea? for you guys i hope he stays and doesnt just use you guys up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back