Picola District FL - General Thread 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond

Firstly all the best to bigfooty and PDFL followers for 2009.

- Looking at starting a competition for those who wish to enter and would be based on posters tipping the premiers in the GV, Murray, KDFL and both PDFL leagues, and those leagues senior B&F medal winners, prizes would be provided and awarded along with bragging rights to the winner.
Please Pm me, within 10 days, if you would be interested in being involved and any suggestions you may have for this, and if there is enough interested in being involved I will continue to work on getting it up and running.

- Also wondering if anybody would be interested in being involved in a 20-20, north vic, fantasy cricket comp, involving sides from the PDFL, KDFL, Murray and GV boards.
For those that aren't familiar with the Fantasy comps, sides are collected, based on bowling , keeper, batter etc.etc. and their is a lot of light hearted humour amongst sides and opponents and the games are created by a program with a detailed summary of the game reported. Once again creating some light hearted humour and sledging.
If your interested in being involved let me know within 10 days along with a suggestion of a name for the possible side.

Re: Picola District Football League, general thread mk II.

Hey Shepp news (If thats who you are??) Is this set in stone?? And who were your soruces?? Cheers:thumbsu:

Mathoura
v
Bye[/QUOTE]

That's funny - No September action for anyone!

Finishing on August 1 means all over red rover before September!

Club Review

Club - Dookie
Position in 2008 - 2nd
Senior 2008 B & F winner - Chris Kendall
Most important player/ person - Osborne / Ludeman / Payne-Crossen
Up and coming star -
What went right in 2008 -
What went wrong in 2008 - Rigorous 2007 appearred to effect the main players in 2008.
Coach for 2009 - Osborne ( non playing )
Possible losses for 2009 - Osborne ( on field ), Payne-Crossen(retirement ) , Kendall ( retirement ), Lebroq ( injury , retirment )
Possible gains for 2009 -
Looking toward 2009 - At the commencement of the season with the addition of midfielder Briggs and ruckman Ross , Dookie appeared clear favourites, however ongoing injuries to better players Coach Osborne and lesser seasons from Ludeman, Payne-Crossen and Luke Lebroq the Dooks never really seem to get cracking, as 2009 another who would be pretty keen to bolster their KPP and hard ball get stocks.

Just a little whisper that Chris Kendall may still be putting the Boots back on even tho he has come out and said he would not. As for Payne-Croston he will play in 09 for sure. There are a few losses to the 07 Premiers but they will be hoping to be competitive in the new league this season.

Good luck to all teams in season 2009.

Mathoura
v
Bye

That's funny - No September action for anyone!

Finishing on August 1 means all over red rover before September![/quote]

Nah i would be guessin that shepp news has just gone off the base draw that all clubs were given, as they had no dates on them either i'm guessin SN has put in his own dates!
I would be thinking that the league would start 1 maybe 2 weeks later than the 4th of april! We haven't started that early in a while!?
Also even though we get our weekly bye I would be thinkin that there would still be a general bye around queens b'day long w/end??
In sayin this that would put the league date fixture bye SN back 2 to 3 weeks!? So my guess is there'd still be some sort of september action??

Heard that Katty have been having a few runs before xmas, and they have had 30 odd at each session.

Good signs for the tigers in 08 and I think that they have picked up a couple of new players as well, not sure of names though.

Read in the Shepp News last week in an article about the appointment of Jason Wild, that they had picked up a Gledhill from Numurkah not sure which one though? might have been Daniel, Brigg from Barooga who previously has played at Katty and a Ash Gardner (i think that was his name) from Mulwala as asstiant coach hadn't heard of him before myself anyone know some info on him?

Also heard last week from a couple of tungamah boys that the rumour of rob wren joining his wife at strathmerton is true?? Now if it is could you imagine tryin to get past their floating half back line of wren & brunskill??
i know robs wife an i've asked her if there is any truth to it and she said none what so ever the both of them are going to have a year off. Apparently rob said this to his brother tom jus spinning a bit of crap and its taken off from there. but i very highly doubt that they will be at strathy this year.

i know robs wife an i've asked her if there is any truth to it and she said none what so ever the both of them are going to have a year off. Apparently rob said this to his brother tom jus spinning a bit of crap and its taken off from there. but i very highly doubt that they will be at strathy this year.

Lets hope so, for other teams sake that is! they're already going to be pretty strong in that league as it is let alone having to high quality floatin half back players in they're side! Cheers for the info :thumbsu:

The posts displaying the alledged draw has been deleted because it has been proven to me to be in-correct.

Thought it would be subject to change! So are we now waiting for another draw to be released? & if so what time frame are we looking at to see it whether it be a finalised or draft draw??

Thought it would be subject to change! So are we now waiting for another draw to be released? & if so what time frame are we looking at to see it whether it be a finalised or draft draw??
Not sure SM, appears as though there is a lot of unofficial meetings taking place and only involving certain clubs, not quite sure, but would think that a official meeting involving all clubs would have to be held to finalise ??

Read in the Shepp News last week in an article about the appointment of Jason Wild, that they had picked up a Gledhill from Numurkah not sure which one though? might have been Daniel, Brigg from Barooga who previously has played at Katty and a Ash Gardner (i think that was his name) from Mulwala as asstiant coach hadn't heard of him before myself anyone know some info on him?
As Gardner is was a 2's player 2 years ago when mul were a bit stronger, played a few games in the ones this year but only due to mul had about 30 blokes leave.

Think it would be Daniel Gledhill as he is in the katty pub don't think liam would be leaving just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure SM, appears as though there is a lot of unofficial meetings taking place and only involving certain clubs, not quite sure, but would think that a official meeting involving all clubs would have to be held to finalise ??

Guess we'll have to wait & see, hopefully they can get their ass into gear & sort something out!! Cheers :thumbsu:

Lots of talk so far about Shepp East and their pick ups. They landed quite a few this time last year also.
Katamatite look like they will be a competitive unit in the SE-PFL.
Rennie will be an unknown until the season gets cracking.

Just to try to start a bit of discussion; does anyone know which current PFL player has played the most senior games (Hixon has retired, yes?)

I think you will find tungamah still to be the team to beat in the SE leauge, they were to dominant last year to suggest otherwise and until another team beats them or puts up a huge fight then it could be the same story as last year?? katandra, waaia, shep east and dookie will be the other more competitive outfits in 09!!:thumbsu:

Lots of talk so far about Shepp East and their pick ups. They landed quite a few this time last year also.
Katamatite look like they will be a competitive unit in the SE-PFL.
Rennie will be an unknown until the season gets cracking.

Just to try to start a bit of discussion; does anyone know which current PFL player has played the most senior games (Hixon has retired, yes?)
PDFL games or senior games in all leagues combined ??
Personally would think Wes Teague, would have to be close to the most senior PDFL games, and still playing ones, as would think he is the one in his latter part of his career who hasn't played elsewhere, another league, and very few ( ??? ) games in the twos.
Going through the clubs who have been in the league for 10 years or so and thinking of players who spring to mind as maybe having 200 plus PDFL senior games who are still playing ones or twos,
Deni Rovers - No-one
Mathoura - No-one
Katty - Collins , Kennedy
Katunga - Ash Howden, D. Jenkins , Fox
Katandra - W.Teague, C.Damon,
Waaia - G.Hixon, M.Cason , N.Walker, Glover still playing
Wunghnu - No-one
Yarroweyah - No-one
Tunga - P.Macheda
Strathy - J.Brunskill ??
Picola - R.Byrnes

I think you will find tungamah still to be the team to beat in the SE leauge, they were to dominant last year to suggest otherwise and until another team beats them or puts up a huge fight then it could be the same story as last year?? katandra, waaia, shep east and dookie will be the other more competitive outfits in 09!!:thumbsu:
Don't tell me you've dragged yourself away from Redtube long enough to give us your thoughts!!
F@#k i need Boofa talking me up!! I can see the vultures circling above waiting to attack my kicking as i type!! when you hitting the park next?

Personally would think Wes Teague, would have to be close to the most senior PDFL games, and still playing ones, as would think he is the one in his latter part of his career who hasn't played elsewhere, another league, and very few ( ??? ) games in the twos.
Going through the clubs who have been in the league for 10 years or so and thinking of players who spring to mind as maybe having 200 plus PDFL senior games who are still playing ones or twos,
Deni Rovers - No-one
Mathoura - No-one
Wunghnu - No-one
Yarroweyah - No-one
Tunga - P.Macheda
Strathy - J.Brunskill ??
Picola - R.Byrnes
Wes has played about 260 senior games and 30 reserves. He had a season or 2 at a club in bendigo while he was in uni ova there. Steve black has played 302 combined games. Wilson is on about around 240 combined but has been at a few other clubs during his uni days.Allen everard has about 265 combined and has only played at katandra.:thumbsu:

Deni Rovers - No-one
Mathoura - No-one
Wunghnu - No-one
Yarroweyah - No-one
Tunga - P.Macheda
Strathy - J.Brunskill ??
Picola - R.Byrnes

G Hixon has played 351 senior games and around 50 twos games.
N Walker has played 290+ senior games and a about 20 in the twos.

Wes has played about 260 senior games and 30 reserves. He had a season or 2 at a club in bendigo while he was in uni ova there. Steve black has played 302 combined games. Wilson is on about around 240 combined but has been at a few other clubs during his uni days.Allen everard has about 265 combined and has only played at katandra.:thumbsu:
Sh!t forgot about Wes playing in Bendigo area, so would he still be the highest senior games played IWAF, at your club in front of Steve Black ??
Also heard a whisper that Modra might be on his way back ??

Sh!t forgot about Wes playing in Bendigo area, so would he still be the highest senior games played IWAF, at your club in front of Steve Black ??
Also heard a whisper that Modra might be on his way back ??
Had a few white knights with modra a few weeks back and ill knock that on the head. He is gonna be over there for at lest 12 months at the moment. As for the highest games wes would have the most senior games then its close between damon and blacky for senior games at the club. Damon may have got him buy about 2 or 3. Blacky did have a year or so off so could have got more if he wasnt so soft:D and damon had a year in the gv cos katandra knew he wasnt worth the $10 a game he was asking so he left for one sesion.:D I havent tallyed any other club games into these so wes would still have the highest senior games all up. I only have the club games on hand so thats all i can tell ya

Re: 2009 Coaches

yep

katunga will be pullin up timmy few for the job this year.
i reckon he will go alright.

Honestly for the guys on here that wana talk about when there next dole check turns up so they can go get a 6pk & some siggies leave that talk for your face book or some crappy page like that ok, we're only interested on any football topics you's wana talk bout! Thats why its called "BIG FOOTY" not 'BIG NIGHT OUT"!

Honestly for the guys on here that wana talk about when there next dole check turns up so they can go get a 6pk & some siggies leave that talk for your face book or some crappy page like that ok, we're only interested on any football topics you's wana talk bout! Thats why its called "BIG FOOTY" not 'BIG NIGHT OUT"!

SORTED:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back