Ovens & Murray discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

maybe he just didn't fit in with the playing group or the culture
Poor old Trent is in the ribbon for every participant group. Everyone has to be equal. The reality of life is successful people/ clubs are ruthless. It’s not a matter of bringing them back to the field, it’s up to the rest to find a way to catch up.

Poor old Trent is in the ribbon for every participant group. Everyone has to be equal. The reality of life is successful people/ clubs are ruthless. It’s not a matter of bringing them back to the field, it’s up to the rest to find a way to catch up.
Here we go, if anyone thinks that's within the spirit of country footy which is struggling, it might be within the rules but it's not in the spirit of footy at this level

When you use the words ruthless for a community based sport, maybe you need to have a look in the mirror and look at what you stand for and what your priorities are as a community, it's no good in 5 years having not many clubs to play against is it?

Here we go, if anyone thinks that's within the spirit of country footy which is struggling, it might be within the rules but it's not in the spirit of footy at this level

When you use the words ruthless for a community based sport, maybe you need to have a look in the mirror and look at what you stand for and what your priorities are as a community, it's no good in 5 years having not many clubs to play against is it?
The VAFA is now just dominated by a few rich schools and no hope for suburban clubs and they prey on these clubs , like the EPL as is O&M

The VAFA is now just dominated by a few rich schools and no hope for suburban clubs and they prey on these clubs , like the EPL as is O&M

It’s a simple equation for clubs to turn around. Yes, Albury have got a limitless supply of cash but if you want success at club level you need good people. Wang didn’t get their recruits because they are a dominant club, it came from a group of mates that garnered interest to make blokes sign. It literally had nothing to do with the actual football club, everything to do with the players that are involved in it. Once clubs realise this instead of just signing blokes because of their names get them for the right reasons. Also, fix your putrid deck Myrt, no wonder everyone wants to leave. Imagine playing on that dump each week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s a simple equation for clubs to turn around. Yes, Albury have got a limitless supply of cash but if you want success at club level you need good people. Wang didn’t get their recruits because they are a dominant club, it came from a group of mates that garnered interest to make blokes sign. It literally had nothing to do with the actual football club, everything to do with the players that are involved in it. Once clubs realise this instead of just signing blokes because of their names get them for the right reasons. Also, fix your putrid deck Myrt, no wonder everyone wants to leave. Imagine playing on that dump each week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So the ground is all Myrtlefords fault is it?

You should stay in “community league” threads. You, as I have said previously through your ignorant comments are uneducated and simply wrong on some of your comments on the O&M. It is as close to a semi professional comp as you can get. The big 3 or 4 clubs are running their clubs accordingly. I’ll bet you any money you want the O&M will have the same amount of clubs in 5 years time as they do now. The challenge is for them to find a way to be competitive. Lavington are a great example, don’t seem to have a big budget, a major backer or high profile recruits, but they are always competitive. Clubs will find a way.

Albury and Lavington 15 all. Clemson to Lavington from Albury, Gilmore to Albury from Lavingto.

You should stay in “community league” threads. You, as I have said previously through your ignorant comments are uneducated and simply wrong on some of your comments on the O&M. It is as close to a semi professional comp as you can get. The big 3 or 4 clubs are running their clubs accordingly. I’ll bet you any money you want the O&M will have the same amount of clubs in 5 years time as they do now. The challenge is for them to find a way to be competitive. Lavington are a great example, don’t seem to have a big budget, a major backer or high profile recruits, but they are always competitive. Clubs will find a way.
125k salary would suggest otherwise, unless those clubs are rorting the system?

You could suggest the O&m was more professional in the 60&70s than today, by offering Bob rose more money to coach at 27 than Collingwood could and in 75 beat the vfa by 56 points in an interleague game, not sure that would happen today.

What's corowa and myrtlefords population? Between 2-4k, where there's not as many kids as 2 decades ago, without Wales as prez that might be in the O&K league, but for both sides to compete with your Albury and Wang sides is getting harder to have the local base and recruiting costs, so in 5 years they might drop to a community league, you've got your head in the sand if you think country footy is going ok, every league is struggling to get reserves footballers in the state

No need for the condescending and arrogant tone. Trent is passionate about country footy, which despite your inflated opinion, is exactly what the O&M is.

Yes clubs need to strive to set themselves up to be sustainable and competitive but the continual movement of players from weaker clubs to the premiers or top 3 clubs is a real reason for concern no matter what you think

On each occasion you post you reinforce several things:

1. How ignorant, insular and arrogant you are about clubs in country football in a broader sense. And about clubs in the O&M.
2. You are an apologist for rorting a $125k salary cap with your 'semi-professional' claims. Rorting is rorting how ever you attempt to describe it. Laughable.
3. Trent knows far more about Country football and it's history and potential future than you have ever contemplated.

Sustainability and maintaining competition should be the primary objectives in all Community football including so-called major country and district leagues. You enjoy being you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still looking, bloke from Melbourne has pulled out is the latest.

Corowa has already lost 9 of their best 21 from last season. Bradtke, Wilson x2, Barrett, Saunders ,Lane, Robinson,Hansen just to name a few. With Dash and Frank Spencer walking away from the recruiting side of things the club will find it hard to retain their own players

On each occasion you post you reinforce several things:

1. How ignorant, insular and arrogant you are about clubs in country football in a broader sense. And about clubs in the O&M.
2. You are an apologist for rorting a $125k salary cap with your 'semi-professional' claims. Rorting is rorting how ever you attempt to describe it. Laughable.
3. Trent knows far more about Country football and it's history and potential future than you have ever contemplated.

Sustainability and maintaining competition should be the primary objectives in all Community football including so-called major country and district leagues. You enjoy being you!
It's ok, I enjoy that people have different opinions on footy, I'm pretty passionate about country footy and I go pretty hard, it's always good to have differing opinions, itd be pretty boring otherwise

Corowa has already lost 9 of their best 21 from last season. Bradtke, Wilson x2, Barrett, Saunders ,Lane, Robinson,Hansen just to name a few. With Dash and Frank Spencer walking away from the recruiting side of things the club will find it hard to retain their own players
Is Goodwin hanging around at Corowa?

Where has Bradtke gone

Sad to read. Hope they can get some momentum going soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back