Ovens & Murray discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Bundoora President was all over the Rovers skulduggery and JJ has reaffirmed his commitment to the Bulls. Not even the 2.5k per game that was offered will be getting the lad to the O&M.
Funny you should mention skulduggery. All the talk over the drip tray is that some of the black and white mob from across Golf Links lane got on the blower to Bundoora President after Jorgensson was spotted in town with some Rovers people. Didn’t bank on the Pres calling Rovers and letting them know straight away that Wang had gone the dob on them.

Seems Wang are happy to pillage players from other clubs in the same league, but can selectively feel the moral duty to dish out courtesy calls as well.

Couldn’t be further from the truth. Has been at all pre-season sessions in Wangaratta so far and has committed to attending at least 1 Wang session a week from this point onwards and during the season proper.

I’m hearing Tom Boyd has moved to Wang full time as assistant coach and will be taking the sessions where Sam is in Melbourne.

Wouldn’t be too many coaches around who would train both locally and with the city contingent every week
Do you mean Tom Boyd the Western Bulldogs player is the assistant coach?

Couldn’t be further from the truth. Has been at all pre-season sessions in Wangaratta so far and has committed to attending at least 1 Wang session a week from this point onwards and during the season proper.

I’m hearing Tom Boyd has moved to Wang full time as assistant coach and will be taking the sessions where Sam is in Melbourne.

Wouldn’t be too many coaches around who would train both locally and with the city contingent every week

Not a question of commitment. More a question of sustainability. If Murray can sustain making it to a session in Wang and Melbourne each week to coach, along with still playing at his elite level all whilst running his successful business it would be one of the great feats of the modern era. Kudos to him if he pulls it off! Just seems to be asking a lot of one man is all

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Funny you should mention skulduggery. All the talk over the drip tray is that some of the black and white mob from across Golf Links lane got on the blower to Bundoora President after Jorgensson was spotted in town with some Rovers people. Didn’t bank on the Pres calling Rovers and letting them know straight away that Wang had gone the dob on them.

Seems Wang are happy to pillage players from other clubs in the same league, but can selectively feel the moral duty to dish out courtesy calls as well.
You will find a former Bundoora player actually overheard a discussion about JJ in town and that's how his club found out. But it's OK you can just keep throwing out BS theories if you want.

You will find a former Bundoora player actually overheard a discussion about JJ in town and that's how his club found out. But it's OK you can just keep throwing out BS theories if you want.
Or would it be that maybe some Maggie’s blokes still have a stick up their clacker after Jorgenson got stuck into some of them while in Cairns on footy trip? Something about some of the Wang boys walking around with their premiership medallions on?

Or would it be that maybe some Maggie’s blokes still have a stick up their clacker after Jorgenson got stuck into some of them while in Cairns on footy trip? Something about some of the Wang boys walking around with their premiership medallions on?

lol

Clearances don't open to Feb, so unless he's been paid forward his contract, I'm not sure it stands for much.

Reckon the figure bandied around, might have plenty of mayo attached, you're not paying 2,5 K for a guy that hasn't played AFL.

Also can't see how you can coach a side in the ovens and Murray and live in Melbourne, that's not sustainable for this league and level of commitment required to get around 40 players each week and train, Rovers need to reappoint a non playing coach before the season starts and Murray is just a player, otherwise it will end badly

Clearances don't open to Feb, so unless he's been paid forward his contract, I'm not sure it stands for much.

Reckon the figure bandied around, might have plenty of mayo attached, you're not paying 2,5 K for a guy that hasn't played AFL.

Also can't see how you can coach a side in the ovens and Murray and live in Melbourne, that's not sustainable for this league and level of commitment required to get around 40 players each week and train, Rovers need to reappoint a non playing coach before the season starts and Murray is just a player, otherwise it will end badly

It’s still country footy mate. Half the problem is that leagues and clubs over state their own importance.

If he is happy to do it and thinks he can..why shouldn’t he

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah not saying I'm a fan but.....
We're talking about it aren't we?

WR sponsors will get exposure at a different level/environment than in the past so it's good for business.

O. Wilde: "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

🤦‍♂️

This could start a trend of self-absorbed people who think they are AFL superstars overhyping their transfers to a non-existent band of groupies.
Just stick to the Facebook photo announcements.

Just because it’s something that you don’t understand it shouldn’t make you upset about it.
He’s got an online platform that has a following and he’s bringing that to Rovers. Good luck to him for putting himself out there like that. Most of you blokes would struggle talking at a family dinner

Yeah not saying I'm a fan but.....
We're talking about it aren't we?

WR sponsors will get exposure at a different level/environment than in the past so it's good for business.

O. Wilde: "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Oscar Wilde on here .... I love Wilde.

That video is ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back