Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How good is an up and about north Albury, expect it to be buzzing infront of the can bar and canteen at bunton park tomorrow afternoon. Hoppers by 15pts broomhead best on.
He’ll be worn like a glove and have no impact, Albury showed he can be nullified quite easily with a little bit of attention.

Another note, what are peoples thoughts on players pressing charges for on-field incidents? I don’t like it, you’ve got 21 men to get even, failing that, a chance meeting in the parking lot generally resolves things. We move on and tap glasses.

He’ll be worn like a glove and have no impact, Albury showed he can be nullified quite easily with a little bit of attention.

Another note, what are peoples thoughts on players pressing charges for on-field incidents? I don’t like it, you’ve got 21 men to get even, failing that, a chance meeting in the parking lot generally resolves things. We move on and tap glasses.

Archaic and pathetic thought process.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We don't see brawls like the lavy wodonga grand final anymore, which is good for the game and no off the play behind play hits either

I’ve always been a big believer that assault is assault, and that fact that you are participating in a game of organised sport doesn’t change that. You are still accountable to societal norms. Obviously there is ambiguity when it comes to football type acts, but if you clock a bloke in the jaw behind the play and knock him out, then you are fair game for the justice system. Imagine if this sort of thing took place down the middle of Dean Street or at The Bended Elbow

Particularly in light of violence in our homes and community, and more so family violence rightly having a spotlight shone on it, we need to be setting a better example as clubs and a league.

I’ve seen some unsavoury On-field tactics in my time, pinching, spitting water in opponents face, sledging that’s crossed the line, how is this policed and what’s a reasonable response? I had an opponent squeeze my testicle so hard off the ball it nearly ruptured, couldn’t make love for 4 weeks. The next contest I buried him, needed an excavator to back fill the pothole left on the pitch, we looked each other in the eye and shook hands after the match.

I’m not condoning unprovoked king hits, or any off the ball thuggery, but it’ll get to the point where all community sport needs filming as possible evidence. The young bloke from NA didn’t appear to have any club sanctions as he’s playing this week, so what does that tell us? Bad look for the club? Every coin has a backside.

I’ve seen some unsavoury On-field tactics in my time, pinching, spitting water in opponents face, sledging that’s crossed the line, how is this policed and what’s a reasonable response? I had an opponent squeeze my testicle so hard off the ball it nearly ruptured, couldn’t make love for 4 weeks. The next contest I buried him, needed an excavator to back fill the pothole left on the pitch, we looked each other in the eye and shook hands after the match.

I’m not condoning unprovoked king hits, or any off the ball thuggery, but it’ll get to the point where all community sport needs filming as possible evidence. The young bloke from NA didn’t appear to have any club sanctions as he’s playing this week, so what does that tell us? Bad look for the club? Every coin has a backside.
Innocent until proven guilty champ, bit like muzza.

Just hit the wrong bloke by the sounds of it.
I’m not a huge fan of it being a police investigation but unfortunately this is what the world has come too. I understand what our mate Laz is saying,, what happens on the field stays on the field isn’t the case anymore.

It’s kind of concerning if football incidents end up being a police matter if an incident is taken the wrong way (not saying this was)

You are a moron ! I suppose you would agree with rating the net ballers as “wifey” etc . Some of you blokes likewise .

Not condoning any supposed action but was the Player on the receiving end an Officer of the Law?

Just hit the wrong bloke by the sounds of it.
I’m not a huge fan of it being a police investigation but unfortunately this is what the world has come too. I understand what our mate Laz is saying,, what happens on the field stays on the field isn’t the case anymore.

It’s kind of concerning if football incidents end up being a police matter if an incident is taken the wrong way (not saying this was)
Utter bulldust. Shouldn’t matter who you hit. If you break someone’s jaw, or heaven forbid accidently kill someone with a hit off the ball that affects that individual’s and their family’s life off the field too. We have thankfully moved on from the thuggery of the 70’s and 80’s, and you are accountable for your actions.

Reminds me of a few years back when Josh Walker broke John Conroy’s jaw behind play at Martin Park. The league banned Walker for however games Conroy was going to miss with the jaw, plus extra. Not only that I believe Walker was bank manager at the Commonwealth in Wangaratta and the Conroy family went in and threatened to withdraw their money and investments in the week following unless Walker was moved on (filthy rich farmers so I think it was a no brainer for the CBA execs)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Utter bulldust. Shouldn’t matter who you hit. If you break someone’s jaw, or heaven forbid accidently kill someone with a hit off the ball that affects that individual’s and their family’s life off the field too. We have thankfully moved on from the thuggery of the 70’s and 80’s, and you are accountable for your actions.

Reminds me of a few years back when Josh Walker broke John Conroy’s jaw behind play at Martin Park. The league banned Walker for however games Conroy was going to miss with the jaw, plus extra. Not only that I believe Walker was bank manager at the Commonwealth in Wangaratta and the Conroy family went in and threatened to withdraw their money and investments in the week following unless Walker was moved on (filthy rich farmers so I think it was a no brainer for the CBA execs)
The games moved on for the better, I haven't seen the incident, did anyone see it? You only have to think back to what yeates did to dermie, that was pretty common practice until the early 2000s, we don't want king hits either, I haven't seen anything like that at the footy for a long time

Surely we can be grateful and have a laugh about how anyone managed to find Geoff's meat and veg to actually grab

Larry’s mob were good today. North were s**t and I’ll say that could be because of rovers pressure. But geez they looked half the side they didn’t against Albury, wang etc

North looked like they were carrying a few
Rovers looked solid on all lines. They probably converted on 50% of their inside F50s though.
our man Muzz off injured during the third.. any updates laz?

How good is an up and about north Albury, expect it to be buzzing infront of the can bar and canteen at bunton park tomorrow afternoon. Hoppers by 15pts broomhead best on.
I was at the game. Dunno about buzzing. Crowd a wasnt big at all, unless that’s norths standards.

Rovers a class above imo. Was a half decent game but the wind robbed us of a really good one. Set in pretty well after quarter time

Rabbits tossed to the wolves at Bunton park today , but credit to nA they tried their tiny little hearts out. What makes it all the more impressive , the best player outside League football was in a tracksuit when the jugular was squeezed. Listen here, You want to see a good old fashioned naturally talented no fuss footballer, then I suggest you go watch Alex McCarthy , plays on instinct. Wat he does you can’t teach, no amount of youtube content abdominal crunches and peroxide will get you there.

Credit to North. Geez they have come a long way from the almost basket case that they were only 2-3 seasons ago. You can see the lads play the right way and that they respect and get behind Broomhead. Also some ridiculously passionate supporters. Rovers showed a lot of maturity into just possessing the footy and taking the sting out of the game when the Hoppers had periods of dominance. Tom Boyd is something else. Obviously had to play at the opposite end the last couple of seasons due to the lack of height up forward, but plays a bit like Tom Stewart/Jake Lever across that half back line. If big Gatto wasn’t impacting like he was, his resurgence has if nothing else allowed Boyd to play where he seems naturally suited.

And as I mentioned the other day, a bit of a luxury to have the VFL team of the year full back lob in and kick a bag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back