Ovens & King FL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Or how about not cheating? All the other teams don’t seem to have a problem with playing by the rules.
I think using the word ‘cheating’ is a bit harsh on them. Talking to a few in the know from the club, they dropped 2 players from the first final, due to their understanding that they played to many senior games to qualify. And they brought in players (one of which played 3 senior and 3 reserve games) because they thought the cut off was 7 games.

You’ll find that if everyone was all over the rules as well as you are, then the Greta 2s wouldn’t even be playing finals. In 2 games that they won, they fielded ineligible players. Therefore they should’ve had their points taken away. But for that to happen you must appeal the matter within 72 hours or else they get away with it. But I’m sure you won’t talk about that, since it’s not an opportunity for you to bash Milawa.

I think using the word ‘cheating’ is a bit harsh on them. Talking to a few in the know from the club, they dropped 2 players from the first final, due to their understanding that they played to many senior games to qualify. And they brought in players (one of which played 3 senior and 3 reserve games) because they thought the cut off was 7 games.

You’ll find that if everyone was all over the rules as well as you are, then the Greta 2s wouldn’t even be playing finals. In 2 games that they won, they fielded ineligible players. Therefore they should’ve had their points taken away. But for that to happen you must appeal the matter within 72 hours or else they get away with it. But I’m sure you won’t talk about that, since it’s not an opportunity for you to bash Milawa.
Can you please explain which games these are for Greta? You do realise during the normal season it’s open selection. So you can play either grade.

How can you say that when you folded cahoot
no more to be seen!!how big do you think Glenrowan is
Bit rough!I'm shore there will be a crowd

Bonniedoon Vs Benalla will bring in the players and their grandmas, that’s about it. Tipping a record low crowd.

To be honest, no one goes close. Unless covid goes through the camp or they’ve booked a holiday for the week after 🤔

There are no ineligible players when both seniors and reserves are still alive in the finals (unless the player played less than three games throughout the season). I think you might have the wrong end of the stick there mate.

There are no ineligible players when both seniors and reserves are still alive in the finals (unless the player played less than three games throughout the season). I think you might have the wrong end of the stick there mate.

We get the feeling he (or she) might be referring to home and away matches, but they haven't come back clarifying which matches they are referring to.

Can you please explain which games these are for Greta? You do realise during the normal season it’s open selection. So you can play either grade.
How would you classify players as ineligible during the normal season? Unless they weren’t registered to Greta, then any player can be selected in any grade during normal season.

How would you classify players as ineligible during the normal season? Unless they weren’t registered to Greta, then any player can be selected in any grade during normal season.

You’re replying to the wrong person mate. I was defend your mob and stating exactly that.

Permit players I’m guessing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarra, NW and Milawa all looking for senior coaches for season 2023, not sure which clubs closer to premiership to be honest.

Milawa
Tarra
King Valley
Moyhu
North Wang

All looking for head coaches, unless they appoint from within I find it hard to believe there are many coaches floating around at the minute.

I’ve noticed the standard of umpires this year was by far the worst I e ever seen, the O&K get the bottom of the barrel because there’s shortages. The time has come to pay umpires more money, entice some untried guys who know the game well and might surprise themselves, fuels expensive and not getting any cheaper so peanuts won’t cut it anymore.

Milawa
Tarra
King Valley
Moyhu
North Wang

All looking for head coaches, unless they appoint from within I find it hard to believe there are many coaches floating around at the minute.
Not that ive had a decent look at the chronicle of late but isnt north wangs job the only one that has officially been advertised? I could be wrong though so please forgive me

I’ve noticed the standard of umpires this year was by far the worst I e ever seen, the O&K get the bottom of the barrel because there’s shortages. The time has come to pay umpires more money, entice some untried guys who know the game well and might surprise themselves, fuels expensive and not getting any cheaper so peanuts won’t cut it anymore.
Ordinary comment. Plus the standard of punctuation and grammar leaves a lot to be desired . I might add , that clubs get ready for “club umpires “ in 2023. More than a few giving it away . ( umpiring that is 😀)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back