Ovens & King FL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d be interested to hear Geoff’s predictions for both games this coming weekend and by how much?

Do you reckon Geoff's that one person in the pub drinking on his own and when he starts walking towards a group of people, they say "stay over there, Geoff"?

I don’t think he/she would go to a pub incase he/she got called out and asked to prove their ridiculous and biased comments. Easiest thing to do with him/her is to ignore them. A fire needs fuel to burn.

Who are we picking this week? I think Benalla win comfortably, Bright win the twos. I’ll be watching from home, I won’t grapple with the $12 entry fee this year.

Who are we picking this week? I think Benalla win comfortably, Bright win the twos. I’ll be watching from home, I won’t grapple with the $12 entry fee this year.
With 7 ineligible players from a team they beat by 5 goals in the semi i think benalla win the twos by 40. The close game will be the seniors but benalla by 12.

Does anyone remember what the crowd was like when Glenrowan and Benalla played in the Grand Final a few years ago?

Does anyone remember what the crowd was like when Glenrowan and Benalla played in the Grand Final a few years ago?
Was this the one where Glenrowan kicked 7 goals in the second quarter and won the game as underdogs and broke records in doing so? Can’t remember.

Was this the one where Glenrowan kicked 7 goals in the second quarter and won the game as underdogs and broke records in doing so? Can’t remember.
Nope it was the one where the league raised the price to $20 for the entry fee because they new bugger all people were going to show up, and boy were they right. Lowest gate takings in the history of the O and K followed by the departure of the worst club in O and K history a couple years later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing Milawa have thrown the cheque book at Matt Kelly from Wangaratta, a bit arrogant of them if this is true, would’ve thought he’d head back to Bright in the twilight years.

More chance of Geoff the big show getting a Milawa membership than Matt Kelly going there
But coin talks

You have to ask the serious question. Why would you take on an o and k club as coach. Shrinking list. Old senior players not likely to play . Limited talent. No junior program ( at all ) . Stress and depression. If the o and k don’t get to take over the U17 teams wang junior league , league is gone in 3 years. About time afl vic took control and did something .
Would seem they are more worried about Gippsland clubs fiddling the points system ( a joke on its own ) than whether country footy exists. ( get your priorities in order) .

Last edited:
It's a must do with the u17s
I've been saying it for a while now
For sides to be struggling for numbers it's a no brainer but it depends on how long they want the league going for I spose
Someone has to do something soon

You have to ask the serious question. Why would you take on an o and k club as coach. Shrinking list. Old senior players not likely to play . Limited talent. No junior program ( at all ) . Stress and depression. If the o and k don’t get to take over the U17 teams wang junior league , league is gone in 3 years. About time afl vic took control and did something .
Would seem they are more worried about Gippsland clubs fiddling the points system ( a joke on its own ) than whether country footy exists. ( get your priorities in order) .
Keep up mate I’ve been saying this for months, clubs are folding while neighbouring teams just sit on their hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back