Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I make request mate? If so, I choose the number 1 colts player IMO Bailey,Banfield (CL) #31 from the last round. I personally think a state like WA should pick their best player even if he is an overager. He is a tough player and obviously has great pedigree. How weird is it that his younger brother gets in the state squad and he doesn't. There was a knock on his kicking....judging by his shots at goal....he's worked on it. Will be interested in your thoughts mate.

Can I make request mate? If so, I choose the number 1 colts player IMO Bailey,Banfield (CL) #31 from the last round. I personally think a state like WA should pick their best player even if he is an overager. He is a tough player and obviously has great pedigree. How weird is it that his younger brother gets in the state squad and he doesn't. There was a knock on his kicking....judging by his shots at goal....he's worked on it. Will be interested in your thoughts mate.
Yep that's no problem. I liked Bailey last season and happy to have an excuse to see how he's developed his game.

Yep that's no problem. I liked Bailey last season and happy to have an excuse to see how he's developed his game.
Love it mate and do you agree that a big bodied mid who is a colts overager is value for WA against some star studded Vics. Because I don't want to get hammered by you guys. We still kick your ass in cricket though...lol Actually, you watch and decide.

Love it mate and do you agree that a big bodied mid who is a colts overager is value for WA against some star studded Vics. Because I don't want to get hammered by you guys. We still kick your ass in cricket though...lol Actually, you watch and decide.
I can't imagine a scenario where picking Bailey Banfield would be a bad thing for WA's chances at the champs. I reckon you have to balance exposing kids in their draft year with playing a competitive side, because when teams are competitive it helps to showcase the talent you have.

If you're playing as key forward this season for South Adelaide then you need to make the most of your chances, and that's what Noah Howes does. Big lad with a mature body for an 18 year old, Howes moves well and is a strong contested mark (ranked second in the SANFL). His kicking is solid with a fluid action and he even has a few tricks in his bag.

Will McLachlan's name was running hot in MSD discussions after this 6 goal haul against Murray. Will plays a little like a smaller Bayley Fritsch, getting a high percentage of his scoring shots from marking on the lead into space and up to the ball carrier. He'll need to work on his defensive efforts at the next level.

Futbolista - He's definitely improved. Strong through the core, very difficult to tackle now. Prolific at Colts level. I wonder if he needs to play some senior WAFL before he gets another look at an AFL list for next season, perhaps through a train on/SSP or something?

Futbolista - He's definitely improved. Strong through the core, very difficult to tackle now. Prolific at Colts level. I wonder if he needs to play some senior WAFL before he gets another look at an AFL list for next season, perhaps through a train on/SSP or something?

Thanks for the upload mate. Great work as usual.

Yes, he has improved for sure and added some depth to his kicking also which was a knock on him last season.

Whether or not he qualifies for the WA state 18's this year is a matter of interpretation. From the many videos of yours that I have watched of Victorian mids, they are so adept at tight, close in contested ball winning on small grounds where there is very little time and space to hesitate with ball in hand.

I think Banfield might be a player that can compete with those type of players. As I've tried to tell people, if WA get's mauled in these championships alot of players will fall off the radar. Competitive performances gives them an opportunity.

Thanks for the upload mate. Great work as usual.

Yes, he has improved for sure and added some depth to his kicking also which was a knock on him last season.

Whether or not he qualifies for the WA state 18's this year is a matter of interpretation. From the many videos of yours that I have watched of Victorian mids, they are so adept at tight, close in contested ball winning on small grounds where there is very little time and space to hesitate with ball in hand.

I think Banfield might be a player that can compete with those type of players. As I've tried to tell people, if WA get's mauled in these championships alot of players will fall off the radar. Competitive performances gives them an opportunity.
Completely agree, you have to be competitive at a minimum. Even if its a relatively weak year, you can't afford to get belted every game and allow none of your flair players the chance to shine.

After a pre-season injury sidelined him for the first couple of months of the 2024 season, Sid Draper finally made his much awaited return over the weekend in a trial match for the SA Under-18 team against a combined Swans and Giants Academy squad. Drapers minutes were significantly limited here, playing only parts of the first two quarters, but he showed enough to get draft watchers excited for what he might produce when the Champs kick off in a couple of weeks.

Among the best for SA in their first trial match against the NSW Academy team. We saw what we expect from Ben. Unconditional work rate and effort, strong influence at stoppage and contests around the ground, endurance on the spread.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to do a couple of vids from last weekend and this weekends SA trial games tomorrow and monday. Makes sense for Ben to be one of those. I also want to give people an early look at Dyson Sharp.

2 SA requests if I may.

Schubert and BOB please.

2 SA requests if I may.

Schubert and BOB please.
I'll be honest... I hate working with this newscorp trial match footage. Horrible low res, squinting to try and make out which player is which, impossible to make a non awful thumbnail from it.

I'll be making some more but I don't think I can go too deep with it without losing my eyesight or going mad.

I was definitely impressed with Schubert and Rosenzweig though, I'll try and get something on those two soon even if its just champs games.

SA/WWT Tate Delmenico please when you've got the time.
I dont have access to SANFL u18's at this stage.

e: just realised he played in the trial games. I'll try and do some more from these before SA play their first champs game.

Last edited:
Still working his way back into game shape, Draper had a much stronger outing in the second state trial match for the U18's. He played in shorter bursts and spent plenty of time on the bench, but ran out the full game and was influential, although he noticeably tired as the game went on.

A look at the early favourite for pick 1 in 2025, manchild Dyson Sharp. Playing off half back with stints through the middle, even at only 16 years of age Dyson is already more than capable of matching it physically against his opponents from the U20 team. Strong over the footy, excellent balance and composure, nice mark and excellent disposal... plenty to be excited about for the future.

Every week Kako is spending more time in the midfield for Calder and its starting to pay off big time for both his own form and that of his team. He was dynamic with his ability to win contested footy and bust clear for damaging possessions, pumping it inside 50 12 times and setting up a number of shots on goal for his teammates. On a rainy and slippery day, Kako's cleanness with the footy stood out.

Langford's consistent production at this level can't be denied, but this game from him was a little scrappier than usual. His normally strong kicking was off, and he seemed to struggle at times with the lack of space and time afforded to him due to the excellent pressure applied by the Lions players.

noobermensch ...

love your work . Thanks for the effort.

Wonder if ..in your efforts you have ever done a grouping by role or position … your best inside mid , your best ruck etc.

Anyway I will join the long line of grovelling …im interested in KPF’s…. although Geelong probably will be trying to thicken our mids. Have you done anything on the likes of Charle Nichols. He sounds an interesting prospect.

noobermensch ...

love your work . Thanks for the effort.

Wonder if ..in your efforts you have ever done a grouping by role or position … your best inside mid , your best ruck etc.

Anyway I will join the long line of grovelling …im interested in KPF’s…. although Geelong probably will be trying to thicken our mids. Have you done anything on the likes of Charle Nichols. He sounds an interesting prospect.
Hey mate, the ranking by type is something I might do later in the season. I actually planned to do that last season but just ran out of time.

With Nichols, that tall timber of Welsh, Nichols, Schubert and Rosenzweig is looking like a real serious point of difference for SA heading into the champs. They're all aerial threats, mobile and can hit the scoreboard. Without having access to footage of the SANFL u18's I havent made any videos for them yet but as soon as they start to pop off at the champs you can be sure that I'll jump on it. They play their first game this weekend!

Geordie Payne can't do much more to put himself in contention for the upcoming mid season draft. His hot form to start the new Talent League season was franked on the weekend by an outstanding display against an Eastern Ranges team boasting some of this years elite midfield talent.

Smillie struggled to get anything going in this game, one in which his Eastern team was comprehensively beaten by the Devils. He appeared to work from contest to contest as hard as usual, and perhaps applied even more defensive pressure, but he struggled mightily to get first hands on the ball at stoppage registering just one clearance for the game, and wasn't able to find much of it on the spread either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back