Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Like cheese, keep choc chilled to stop it from spoiling, but remove and allow to come up to room temperature before eating to better appreciate the flavours and aromas.

At least, that's what the old biddy in the corner chocolaterie said when I lived in Belgium.

Personally, life's too short. See choc, eat choc...especially if it's a party box of Favourites.

Boost, or GTFO, amirite?
Yeah, room temperature in Belgium and Switzerland is a fair bit different to room temperatures in Perth or Brisbane during summer.

Especially when night temperatures don’t drop below 25 degrees for 3 or 4 months.

Last edited:
Yeah, room temperature in Belgium and Switzerland is a fair bit different in room temperature in Perth or Brisbane during summer.

Especially when night temperatures don’t drop below 25 degrees for 3 or 4 months.

Treat choccy like red wine, basically. Anyone serving red wine at Perth room temp is not experiencing the wine how it was intended

Footy's a funny game and Freo are a funny team - they just got dismantled by Swans, spanked by us (a bottom team) yet sit in the eight on 5 wins.
They needed to win that game at home to cement them in the eight, but Swans always a tough ask. Arguably the McCarthy passing had an effect, yet their stats show otherwise. The turnover, kicking and poor choices going into the 50 were embarrassing and reminded me of us last year. They can look like a million dollar side or a complete rabble from one week to the next. Are they a finals side?

They haven't beaten a top 8 side yet and have six games ahead of them against top 8 sides, along with Pies, Suns, a derby and a few cellar dwellers.
If they make the finals, they'll take that as progress and some success, but you could see them being bundled out pretty quickly depending on who they meet.

Treat choccy like red wine, basically. Anyone serving red wine at Perth room temp is not experiencing the wine how it was intended
Curious, what is ideal temp for red wine in Perth? On the flipside, some say you shouldn't chill white wine, kills the flavour, we don't chill red wine?

Is this not already the rule? And if not, absolutely should be.

NFL have independent doctors that buzz down and pause the game if they want someone out. Doesn’t matter if there’s a minute left and the game is on the line, the independent doctors buzzes down and that takes precedent.

Should be like you say, an independent doctors makes the call and off you come regardless of situation, if you are a man down it is just tough luck.

Only issue is I don’t trust the AFL, so could see them applying the rule differently for different teams, similar to the joke that is the MRP, to manipulate their desired outcomes.

Lol Henry with the massive squib !

Chose to front and centre a 1 vs 1 marking contest when he was a 1 and impey marks unopposed

Should be like you say, an independent doctors makes the call and off you come regardless of situation, if you are a man down it is just tough luck.

Only issue is I don’t trust the AFL, so could see them applying the rule differently for different teams, similar to the joke that is the MRP, to manipulate their desired outcomes.
Should be like the blood rule . If the independent doctor wants a player off for concussion test the umps stop the game until a bench player replaces them .

Ump gets a message through the ear piece and stops the game

Curious, what is ideal temp for red wine in Perth? On the flipside, some say you shouldn't chill white wine, kills the flavour, we don't chill red wine?
Red wine should be served around 18-22 degrees.

Any more than that and the alcohol is front-loaded.

Beer and white wine should be served around the same temp(6-8) but in Australia, we have this obsession with having cold drinks served almost freezing, which kills most of the flavour.

Also, I know people give the poms s**t for their room temperature beer, but it's actually 'cellar' temperature they serve and their cellars, especially in the middle of winter, are pretty much no different from a fridge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red wine should be served around 18-22 degrees.

Any more than that and the alcohol is front-loaded.

Beer and white wine should be served around the same temp(6-8) but in Australia, we have this obsession with having cold drinks served almost freezing, which kills most of the flavour.

Also, I know people give the poms s**t for their room temperature beer, but it's actually 'cellar' temperature they serve and their cellars, especially in the middle of winter, are pretty much no different from a fridge.

Probably a product of me living in Broome but I love an ice cold beer

Don’t drink wine

I come here for the flirting.
Flirty Flirting GIF

Should be like the blood rule . If the independent doctor wants a player off for concussion test the umps stop the game until a bench player replaces them .

Ump gets a message through the ear piece and stops the game

Yeah that part is easy.

It will just be dealing with Barrass being made to take a concussion test in the dying minutes of a game, whereas Charlie Cameron has a massive head knock and plays out the game, because he’s a good bloke and kicks the winning goal.

On an actual footy note, all the crowing first about our fanatasy priority picks then Hawthorn not getting a fair run at their rebuild it shows just how reactive and 7 day cycle the AFL media is. Both teams now looking more competitive and the topic has faded away into the void.

With the change in interpretation of HTB when the ball hits the deck the game just becomes a continual rolling scrum until it gets booted to space.

The density around the ball is a problem

Maybe we should get players to wear a collar that sends through an electric shock when there’s too many within a defined area

I’d say exploding neck collars but that might be a tad extreme

The density around the ball is a problem

Maybe we should get players to wear a collar that sends through an electric shock when there’s too many within a defined area

I’d say exploding neck collars but that might be a tad extreme
Ross Lyon might be responsible for the largest mass murder in Australian history, if that were ever to happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back