Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

The Eagles might actually play finals.

I doubt it, but they do still have 9 premiership players on their list, and 6 All Australians. They also have a proven premiership coach.

Gaff is done and Darling looks close to it so not all of them are quality

But if they can get anything reasonable out of their younger players and not have so many injuries - which is the main reason they were so bad the last few years - that's a great foundation for a rebuild

In contrast in 2021 after we won the spoon we had zero premiership players and 4 All Australians (two of which played 0 games that year)

Well there you go

I happened to stumble upon some old footy records/mags and found this from 1993.

Next time a Port supporter claims I'm lying when I say that Port ripped off their name and the idea for their logo from Gippsland I actually have proof now that they did.

View attachment 1973388

Everyone knows that Gipplsand stole this from the Port Adelaide Football Club.

As our resident historian Enviable Tradition can attest - Port Power have been around for hundreds of years. Everyone knows that James Cook "founded" Australia in 1770, but Its a little known fact that this trip was financed by Iohannes Cahill the 1st who was searching for new land to start the greatest and oldest club of all time. They won an unrivaled 117 straight flags between 1770 and 1887 and rumors have it that have close to a thousand premierships.

Thought it was just under 5400.
I remember when there was the Glenelg Sturt game late 2000’s and there was just under 12k there, it was either the same day or the same round Port Power played a team in Canberra which drew a smaller crowd.
Happy to be corrected on who played.

Edit: Chasing records Ports only low crowd game in 2008 was at TIO v Bulldogs which had 11373 Round 14

From benji2 https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/what-was-the-best-sanfl-game-youve-seen.818706/

In more recent times, I'd say the Glenelg v Sturt game at the Bay Oval, Round 13(?) 2008. Huge crowd, really felt like the 80s again, and a top game.

Last edited:
Waterman looks to be breaking out in year 7. Already kicked more goals than any other season.
Just to the eye, being the top dog up forward seems to be benefiting him. I wonder if the same would apply to Fogarty. Based on his performances in the last six games Walker missed (a total of 5.5 and averaging 8 disposals), I would guess no. But Waterman is definitely receiving better service.

I’ve had an epiphany watching Gold Coast v West Coast game and the ridiculous talent GC have in their side and the academy players they get, it’s that if you follow the Crows with the want to win a flag, it’s futile. Purely follow the Crows if you want some entertainment sometimes.

We are so far behind other clubs it’s not funny. We are a s**t club in a state which finds it hard to attract players and we have none of the advantages are clubs have been given to grab players for nothing. We aren’t a big Vic team that players want to play for.

Go Norwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had an epiphany watching Gold Coast v West Coast game and the ridiculous talent GC have in their side and the academy players they get, it’s that if you follow the Crows with the want to win a flag, it’s futile. Purely follow the Crows if you want some entertainment sometimes.

I wouldn't call it an epiphany. More like some random ramblings on an online forum.
We are so far behind other clubs it’s not funny. We are a s**t club in a state which finds it hard to attract players and we have none of the advantages are clubs have been given to grab players for nothing. We aren’t a big Vic team that players want to play for.

We aint that far behind GC. if we had a bit of extra luck against em rd 1 - we would have the same record as GC.

GC have never made the finals in 15 years.

Go Norwood

SANFL sucks. Go support your plumbers and electricians.

Go Norwood

Their academy kids look damn good...

We are miles off it... :oops:

Shuestar13 - No chance you're getting a priority pick this year ;)

Yes, doesn’t look likely at this stage 😆 One thinks it was very unlikely to begin with, we would have to have gone winless or close to it for the VAFL to give us some charity.

Really hoping Norf don’t put their hand out for more…

Will be a bottom four finish so another good pick incoming, but a mild concern with our average games/experience starting to creep back up. Need to continue to promote young players and give them responsibility.

Go Norwood
I fear you may be right. Which is why I’ve so enjoyed the two Glenelg flags in recent years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back