Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

How Dare You Greta GIF

Have some respect for the reigning premiers.
Go the Tigesđź‘Ť

I wouldn't call it an epiphany. More like some random ramblings on an online forum.

We aint that far behind GC. if we had a bit of extra luck against em rd 1 - we would have the same record as GC.

GC have never made the finals in 15 years.

SANFL sucks. Go support your plumbers and electricians.
No I call it an epiphany, you call it random ramblings but then you talk a lot of s**t.

We aren’t that far behind Gold Coast, maybe not this year but their young talent is miles above ours and they keep getting academy players. Plus they have Hardwick v Nicks. Plus Gold Coast was one team, if you used your brains I reckon you’d work out who else is miles above or do you think we are in a position to win a flag anytime soon?

I went to the SANFL yesterday to watch Crows v North after watching the first half of the Crows beating up on a s**t side. Reckon I had a better day than some nuffie who watched a SANFL game a few years ago and thinks he’s in a position to judge.

LIV Golf going off in Radelaide ! :cool:
Went today and enjoyed that as much as Gather Round! Just a great setup and very fun vibes everywhere. I am not even a golf fan but could appreciate the event.

Was able to get great views of Cam Smith putting at the 1st hole, watering hole and the 18th, easy access for anyone to view who they want to see most!

These scenes were something else...

Thought it was just under 5400.
I remember when there was the Glenelg Sturt game late 2000’s and there was just under 12k there, it was either the same day or the same round Port Power played a team in Canberra which drew a smaller crowd.
Happy to be corrected on who played.
I was at the Bay that day, can remember it very vividly!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet they thumped North.

Really puts yesterday into a lot of perspective.

North are on par with 2013 Melbourne as an all-time bad team. Possibly worse.
The problem for North is the fact that there's no respite.

That Melbourne side at least had an acceptable 2010, and were only a game outside finals in 2011 before the Corio Exorcism. So in the middle of the misery, there was at least some hope at some point.
Ever since the back end of 2019, nothing has gone right for North. There's no light at the end of the tunnel, and I don't think they've seen any in years. It's just sad now.

The problem for North is the fact that there's no respite.

That Melbourne side at least had an acceptable 2010, and were only a game outside finals in 2011 before the Corio Exorcism. So in the middle of the misery, there was at least some hope at some point.
Ever since the back end of 2019, nothing has gone right for North. There's no light at the end of the tunnel, and I don't think they've seen any in years. It's just sad now.
Another pick 1 coming up this year….

Another pick 1 coming up this year….

Possibly more priority picks too if they win 2 games or less... probably with the Caveat that they need to trade them for established players as they are in desperate need of mature bodies.

VFL will want... NEED... them being competitive before Tassie gets into the comp.

Name me their key position players...
Lewis, Chol, Frost (lol), Grainger-Barras (never take a KPD in the top 10 of the draft), Black (ACL)...

They might want to consider using a top pick on a tall forward

Lewis, Chol, Frost (lol), Grainger-Barras (never take a KPD in the top 10 of the draft), Black (ACL)...

They might want to consider using a top pick on a tall forward
It's a very ordinary list of talls & why they are nowhere near finals.

Don't reckon Sam Mitchell is up to it either... Reckon he is a Nicks level coach at best for them.

Their forward line is atrocious though 100%.
Just as well they got a cooked Gunston back...

I’ve had an epiphany watching Gold Coast v West Coast game and the ridiculous talent GC have in their side and the academy players they get, it’s that if you follow the Crows with the want to win a flag, it’s futile. Purely follow the Crows if you want some entertainment sometimes.

We are so far behind other clubs it’s not funny. We are a s**t club in a state which finds it hard to attract players and we have none of the advantages are clubs have been given to grab players for nothing. We aren’t a big Vic team that players want to play for.

Go Norwood
I will take it a step further, the league is set up to ensure a Victorian team is in a GF every year.

With the inherent benefit they get with the home game.

Since 2006, last time two non Victorian sides played in a GF, only two Premiers are non Victorian.

Sydney 2012 and WCE 2018.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I will take it a step further, the league is set up to ensure a Victorian team is in a GF every year.

With the inherent benefit they get with the home game.

Since 2006, last time two non Victorian sides played in a GF, only two Premiers are non Victorian.

Sydney 2012 and WCE 2018.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep and then they are generally playing on their home ground.

Really to base your supporting on the hope of winning a GF is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Yep we made the GF but we lost to a team playing on their home deck when we finished higher.

Since then the comp has become even more distorted with the number of academy picks the northern states get.

The only advantage we have is an extra home game due to gather round, but that’s an artificial bump to help make finals, it has no relevance as to how well you’ll do in the finals.

It’s a bastardised competition, so glad I stopped being a member this year. I sort of regretted it before the season started but not now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back