Opinion Non-Crows AFL 9

Which team will finish the 2024 season higher ranked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a s**t part of the game.

You weren't good enough to get the 4 points but were good enough to get 2 points. It's not a s**t part of the game at all, there are like 3 draws maximum a season. It's a traditional part of the game that should stay.

Whats the point of percentage and premiership points if you want to remove draws?

Grand Finals and Finals I have no issues with extra time.

You weren't good enough to get the 4 points but were good enough to get 2 points. It's not a s**t part of the game at all, there are like 3 draws maximum a season. It's a traditional part of the game that should stay.

Whats the point of percentage and premiership points if you want to remove draws?

Grand Finals and Finals I have no issues with extra time.
Draws are great.

Said no one ever.

There is literally no need for premiership points if you remove draws from the equation - you may as well just have wins and percentage.

But you first said what is the point of percentage (and premiership points), you should have just said premiership points - just go on wins and percentage - which I would agree with.

Collingwood have 3 wins 3 losses and 1 draw putting them on 14 points.....

How is that hard to comprehend?
Derp.

You said if there’s no draws we don’t need points, could just count wins.

We could that now. Collingwood would be on 3.5 wins. We don’t need points to work it out.

No one likes watching a game of footy with no winner. (Except you)

The argument that we need it for premiership points is weaker than a Sholl tackle. The only reason they won’t change it is for TV scheduling.

Derp.

You said if there’s no draws we don’t need points, could just count wins.

We could that now. Collingwood would be on 3.5 wins. We don’t need points to work it out.

No one likes watching a game of footy with no winner. (Except you)

The argument that we need it for premiership points is weaker than a Sholl tackle. The only reason they won’t change it is for TV scheduling.

But 3.5 wins would suggest that draws are still part of the equation you clown?

Your suggesting we don't need draws and I said 'in that case just remove premiership points and use percentage'.

But 3.5 wins would suggest that draws are still part of the equation you clown?

You’re suggesting we don't need draws and I said 'in that case just remove premiership points and use percentage'.
Your whole argument is that draws are needed because of precious premiership points.

It’s absurd. I’m pointing out the ladder would still function without them. Draws or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your whole argument is that draws are needed because of precious premiership points.

It’s absurd. I’m pointing out the ladder would still function without them. Draws or not.

No my argument is if you remove draws from the equation and just have 'wins and losses' how do you determine who finishes 1st if both teams are on 14 wins and 11 losses?

Only percentage?

As it stands now premiership points are the top deciding factor in where a team finishes, a win is 4 points and a draw is 2 points. A team could finish inside the 8 because they had a draw and this gave them 2 additional points.

Again I'm not clear on how this is hard to comprehend.

No my argument is if you remove draws from the equation and just have 'wins and losses' how do you determine who finishes 1st if both teams are on 14 wins and 11 losses?

Only percentage?
Yeah it’s a tough one. A real head scratcher.

Rock paper scissors. Coin toss?

I mean the NFL ladder is WLT and %. No points. Not sure how they cope.

It’s also interesting that we play for 4 points in the AFL, SANFL is 2. I wonder how different the list of AFL premiers might be if we played for 2 points instead of 4.

Yeah it’s a tough one. A real head scratcher.

Rock paper scissors. Coin toss?

I mean the NFL ladder is WLT and %. No points. Not sure how they cope.

It’s also interesting that we play for 4 points in the AFL, SANFL is 2. I wonder how different the list of AFL premiers might be if we played for 2 points instead of 4.

Firstly are you saying we should remove draws, or have draws but only at the end of extra time? It's not really clear what your position is.

Secondly, who cares what the NFL do - Premiership Points is a much cleaner way of deciding position on the ladder.

Could be a good game tonight. No Toby Greene and Brisbane needing a win so I've gone for the Lions.

Will be tough to live up to this afternoon's awesome game.

Collingwood vs Essendon wasn't bad either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back