Roast The Non Goal: F*** the AFL, court injunction?

What compensation will we receive from the AFL?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Same ump that called the Jenkins goal incorrectly He should have been terminated then. Maybe he felt he needed to make up for that poor decision by being harder on us. In any effect he has done two howlers and needs to go. He obviously has vision problems so you can't do that job being visually impaired.
Actually he called for a score review because he wasn't sure.

They didn't miss Dawson getting hit in the face. They just chose not to care
Hard to imagine all 4 missing it. No doubt at least one saw it and didn't want to end the game with a free kick. Don't you just love the prerogative of umpires to "put the whistle away" for grandstand finishes.

While we're fixing score reviews, any chance we can get umpires to umpire all 4 quarters (and all areas of the ground) the same?

Yeah, not calling the review was the mistake when he was guessing on the movement of the post... which is why he was stood down.

But the AFL is more at fault for not having a proper ARC system that can review shockers & notify they onfield umpires to correct the situation.

I don't know about more at fault. They have some fault, but more than the ump who guessed? Nah.

That's like saying if I drive drunk and crash through your front window it's more your fault for not having a stronger fence.

Surely we aren’t suggesting they bumped the post intentionally?
We got robbed plain and simple by an incompetent goal umpire, but the "interfering with the post" stuff is so embarrassing.

The goal call is a big enough injustice on its own. Adding other cockamamie arguments does not help the cause at all. If anything it dilutes the original argument. He jumped at the ball, with eyes on the ball, and used his hand to feel for the post either for stability or to just to know where it was.

That is not the same as standing there slapping it intentionally, and whining about it makes us look like an even bigger bunch of sooks than we are. If we think that should be penalised then I guess we're penalising every single player that bumps into one in general play.

Last edited:
Hard to imagine all 4 missing it. No doubt at least one saw it and didn't want to end the game with a free kick. Don't you just love the prerogative of umpires to "put the whistle away" for grandstand finishes.

While we're fixing score reviews, any chance we can get umpires to umpire all 4 quarters (and all areas of the ground) the same?

The umpires took the whistles and inserted them into their own rectums in the last 10 minutes of that game when it came to Collingwood infringing on Adelaide players. So much holding, pushing etc. There was even a dangerous sling tackle on the boundary that was flat out ignore by not just the umpires but the MRP.

We got robbed plain and simple by an incompetent goal umpire, but the "interfering with the post" stuff is so embarrassing.

The goal call is a big enough injustice on its own. Adding other cockamamie arguments does not help the cause at all. If anything it dilutes the original argument. He jumped at the ball, with eyes on the ball, and used his hand to feel for the post either for stability or to just to know where it was.

That is not the same as standing there slapping it intentionally, and whining about it makes us look like an even bigger bunch of sooks than we are. If we think that should be penalised then I guess we're penalising every single player that bumps into one in general play.

True enough, except Sydney have form when it comes to this sort of thing.

I don't know about more at fault. They have some fault, but more than the ump who guessed? Nah.

That's like saying if I drive drunk and crash through your front window it's more your fault for not having a stronger fence.
Not really, the system should have a safeguard for shocking decisions... as humans will continue to make errors.

Your comparision is shocker too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At which we will remind the AFL that we have not forgotten or forgiven.

Get ready for no big Melbourne teams being "fixtured" at AO against us.

It's up to the fans to hold them accountable in a forum they cannot control. Game day crowd!!
As fans I'm sure we will mention it numerous times. problem is this club has a history of rolling over and accepting whatever decision the AFL make. We needed to make more of it straight after it happened.

If anyone wants an example of the dystopian hellscape Im living in right now, l just went to a family dinner where my old man, who barracks for both SA sides (shudders), was telling me the Crows could only blame themselves for missing finals and wouldn't have mattered if we beat Sydney. I explained to him that wasn't true and he kept insisting he had checked the ladder. Turns out he wasn't subtracting the 4 points from Sydney when he was running his "calculations".

I was polite about it and didn't lose my cool but inside I was smouldering with intense rage.

If anyone wants an example of the dystopian hellscape Im living in right now, l just went to a family dinner where my old man, who barracks for both SA sides (shudders), was telling me the Crows could only blame themselves for missing finals and wouldn't have mattered if we beat Sydney. I explained to him that wasn't true and he kept insisting he had checked the ladder. Turns out he wasn't subtracting the 4 points from Sydney when he was running his "calculations".

I was polite about it and didn't lose my cool but inside I was smouldering with intense rage.
Did you try corking his thigh?

Or something similar?

There’s homes and villages for people like him where he can get the care he needs.

As fans I'm sure we will mention it numerous times. problem is this club has a history of rolling over and accepting whatever decision the AFL make. We needed to make more of it straight after it happened.
We made more noise about it way more than we ever have before, to the extent that vic media also talked about it. But also to the extent that they eventually said we were making too much of it and were being ridiculous. The point has been made with the AFL I think, the problem is they don't care enough to do anything. Certainly not anything that the other clubs will know about anyway like changing results.

I AM STILL NOT OVER THIS!!!

GRRRRR!!
Not sure I ever will. What annoys me is that the AFL has been testing technology that would have sorted this live for the past 3 years. Sounds like they have been dragging their feet not wanting to spend the money.

The technology has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Doesn't it. Why are they bringing into every ground in 2025 then? If the tech was installed the umpire would have been directed in live play that it was a goal. Using tv cameras is amateur hour.

Doesn't it. Why are they bringing into every ground in 2025 then? If the tech was installed the umpire would have been directed in live play that it was a goal. Using tv cameras is amateur hour.
It would not have altered the outcome at all in this case. The "system" was clearly at fault.

It would not have altered the outcome at all in this case. The "system" was clearly at fault.
I don't think you know what I'm talking about. Have a look at footy classified Wednesday night. They showed off the tech. It tells you everything from a player brushing the ball with their hand off a kick for goal to whether a kick has gone 15 metres. Everything is done live and shown on the screen for the football viewer. The central/goal ump will have an earpiece and every decision relating to a ball hitting the post or a clear goal will be instantly told to the umpire. It's similar tech to what they used by FIFA. A chip is inserted in the ball, they have been testing it for 3 years. McGuire's company Jam TV has an investment in it to sell to the broadcasters.

Last edited:
I don't think you know what I'm talking about. Have a look at footy classified Wednesday night. They showed off the tech. It tells you everything from a player brushing the ball with their hand off a kick for goal to whether a kick has gone 15 metres. Everything is done live and shown on the screen for the football viewer. The central/goal ump will have an earpiece and every decision relating to a ball hitting the post or a clear goal will be instantly told to the umpire. It's similar tech to what they used by FIFA. A chip is inserted in the ball, they have been testing it for 3 years. McGuire's company Jam TV has an investment in it to sell to the broadcasters.
If it went to the review, the ARC woukd have called it a goal pretty quickly.

Technology needs to improve, mainly the blurred ball/body issues. But here it was the incompetent umpire and the system allowing the incompetent umpire to be the sole decider of a review that was problematic.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back