Roast The Non Goal: F*** the AFL, court injunction?

What compensation will we receive from the AFL?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They didn't miss Dawson getting hit in the face. They just chose not to care
I will never ever forget it and I certainly will never forgive it and I suspect most crows fans won't either base don the commentary it has received. It goes in the bucket with the other times they have royally screwed us - this is just another not thought about way they got us this time

Look at this season alone for bigtime penalties that all went against us
1. The McAdam Bump - 3 week ban when other bumps that hit head high the same week that injured players etc got less
2. The Dawson head high hit 10s from full time at the G V collingwood if paid wins us the game - 4 umpires missed it but most of those watching at the ground didn't
3. The goal that was not given that cost us finals
4. The Sydney player that bumped McAdam in the head and fractured his cheekbone gets off at the same tribunal that wacked McAdam for 3 weeks for a non head high bump that did no lasting damage

Thats just THIS season alone.

Listened to Leigh Matthews and Caro talk about it, they couldn’t believe he was stood down! Are you serious?!

They still seem to think it was a simple error, can’t punish for a mistake - missing the point that he made two f#*kn ups, and it’s the second error which was inexcusable.
Yep, that was what I heard too

The AFL perspective will be all we bee forgotten come start of next year. At best we'll get a friday night match at ADL oval.
We were getting more Thurs/Friday/Sat night games next year anyway. It's a smart decision to put us on primetime as we score better than anyone. More scoring more ads.

They didn't miss Dawson getting hit in the face. They just chose not to care

From my outsider's POV the missed free to Dawson was even worse than the goal decision v Swans. Such a blatantly clear free kick.

The AFL perspective will be all we bee forgotten come start of next year. At best we'll get a friday night match at ADL oval.
At which we will remind the AFL that we have not forgotten or forgiven.

Get ready for no big Melbourne teams being "fixtured" at AO against us.

It's up to the fans to hold them accountable in a forum they cannot control. Game day crowd!!

Im totally fine for the goal umpire making a mistake and calling it a point, the issue isnt that for me, its just the complete indifference to even considering a review that got me so pissed off.
Yeah, not calling the review was the mistake when he was guessing on the movement of the post... which is why he was stood down.

But the AFL is more at fault for not having a proper ARC system that can review shockers & notify they onfield umpires to correct the situation.

Back in the day I remember getting into trouble at school for knocking on my desk and the teacher went to open the classroom door. :$
I once knocked over most of the desks in our primary classroom in response to a school bully... then stormed out & sat on the school oval.

Given it was so out of character, I was comforted by the teacher... & gather the bully got all the blame.

No one from the class gave me shit again!

If we had banged the post it would have been a massive fine and possible draft sanctions. The swans interfering with goal post on a 2nd occasion, nothing to see here.
It's strange that nothing has made of these serial offenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not if we keep it front and centre.
What sort of reception can the umpires expect next year at AO? It will be an avalanche of hate.

I'm not sure the AFL will like that look.

They need to intercede and make this right. Doing nothing is asking for a prolonged PR disaster for the AFL. I'm sure the AFL would prefer this finished with.
Hope Olsen is making it crystal clear we will play nice publicly... so long as we get most of our compensation claims, including a decent draw... or we will go feral.

I will never ever forget it and I certainly will never forgive it and I suspect most crows fans won't either based on the commentary it has received. It goes in the bucket with the other times they have royally screwed us - this is just another not thought about way they got us this time

Look at this season alone for bigtime penalties that all went against us
1. The McAdam Bump - 3 week ban when other bumps that hit head high the same week that injured players etc got less
2. The Dawson head high hit 10s from full time at the G V collingwood if paid wins us the game - 4 umpires missed it but most of those watching at the ground didn't
3. The goal that was not given that cost us finals
4. The Sydney player that bumped McAdam in the head and fractured his cheekbone gets off at the same tribunal that wacked McAdam for 3 weeks for a non head high bump that did no lasting damage

Thats just THIS season alone.
Complete farce of a competition run by a bunch of amateurs.

I once knocked over most of the desks in our primary classroom in response to a school bully... then stormed out & sat on the school oval.

Given it was so out of character, I was comforted by the teacher... & gather the bully got all the blame.

No one from the class gave me s**t again!
1970crow !

Listened to Leigh Matthews and Caro talk about it, they couldn’t believe he was stood down! Are you serious?!

They still seem to think it was a simple error, can’t punish for a mistake - missing the point that he made two f#*kn ups, and it’s the second error which was inexcusable.
I can honestly say I haven’t listened to Caro in over 12 months when I texted aa to say that was it and probably haven’t watched footy classified in a long long tine

As for Leigh I heard his thoughts the other day and it was a pathetic vfl commentary and will switch off from now on

What they should be focusing on is a finals series that doesn't have all the teams in it that qualified for finals.

At minimum I think the crows should ask the AFL for some lube before they **** us next time.
Long time lurker, first time poster... I think I am done with supporting this comp and club and I have just emailed through my cancellation to the AFL membership and the AFC (I used to live in Melb and it was good for that), not sure if I am overreacting but it felt good to get it off my chest!! Let me know if I've gone too hard... ha!

Good Afternoon AFL and AFC,

I would like to cancel my AFL membership, effective immediately and club support of the Adelaide Football Club. Please remove me from all your mailing lists and AFC remove me from any email lists and lists for receiving phone calls for lotteries etc.

I am pretty sure no one 'important' will read this and you will all have a good laugh but I can no longer contribute financially and emotionally to an organisation that is so bereft of integrity and sportsmanship.

As an Adelaide Crows supporter (Hawthorn before the crows entered), I was at the first game and still have my ticket, but to see the constant battle that Adelaide has to endure being owned by the AFL, jumping through their hoops and trying to compete on a fair and balanced basis, my support has reached a tipping point. I have almost raged quit 2 times already (1st - after the 2012 preliminary final and 2nd - after the grand final) but the latest incident has left me with no choice. I am not squarely blaming the AFL for this, as the Adelaide Crows are also complicit in making mistake after mistake while sheltering the boys club and jobs for the boys. Below is a summary of the various decisions that have brought me to this point:

AFL
  • It probably started with the 2012 preliminary final, the last quarter umpiring decisions were diabolical and one-sided, with an apology after the fact noting the numerous errors of a clear bias and fix to ensure Hawthorn were in the GF
  • AFC impacted by another clubs mistake i.e. Dean Bailey suspended in 2013 for something Melbourne did.
  • AFC copped harsher draft penalties than the Essendon drug scandal (they even got the number 1 draft pick, ha!) for the Tippett saga.
  • The AFL media leaked the contract details of Tippett to ensure we would be punished also.
  • AFL clearly allowing other clubs to go around the salary cap like Carlton (judd) and Geelong (jobs and houses for everyone)
  • Clear bias in the 2016 grand final umpiring to ensure a Western Bulldogs victory and then following through with another Victorian club to break their GF drought (to the detriment of the crows), I am sure St Kilda and Carlton are 'due' a win soon
  • Cotchin non-suspension for the 2017 prelim, no worries!
  • Momentum breaking umpiring decisions in the 2017 grand final against Adelaide
  • AFC continuously having to travel to the outer suburban grounds, while Victorian clubs continue to have 17 games in Melbourne
  • Denying Adelaide to achieve better compensation for Brad Crouch by structuring contracts and then allowing Daniher and Essendon to do the same and benefit the following year
  • Allowing Geelong to re contract Jack Bowes not on the same contract that apparently Gold Coast couldn't afford to keep him on, and then gifting them pick 7 in return, integrity of the highest order
  • Collingwood non-free kick to Jordan Dawson
  • Of course the non-goal to Keays in the Sydney game
AFC
  • Being 'advised' by the AFL to sack Matthew Rendell and of course we obliged (Trigg)
  • Copping harsh fines (worse than Essendon after the drugs scandal!!) from the AFL for the Tippett saga and just accepting it (Trigg)
  • Then Trigg gets rewarded for his rolling over over with another CEO job at Carlton
  • A worldwide search for a footy boss and happen to find Brett Burton right under our noses as the best for the job, too funny!
  • Similarly with our list manager, John Reid's son, let's reward the guy that cost us with the Tippett saga (you couldn't make this stuff up)
  • The nonsensical approach to the 2018 camp and the final press conference with Burton and Pyke, what a joke that was!
  • Let's overpay for Bryce Gibbs, elite trading
  • Then we bend over to Geelong for Dangerfield, sorry we've promised Carlton our other first round pick, are you kidding me, I am sure we were told by city hall to accept or else, otherwise AFC incompetence is again on display for all to see.
  • I feel sorry for our players and I am sure it is going to impact future players wanting to come here, seeing that they have no chance to win anything while AFC is such a weak club and accepting of clear bias against them
I could go on, but in essence I can't let my kids go through what I have gone through in supporting this club and league over the years. They both play soccer and I think I will spend the time and money on an Adelaide United membership instead. I'll watch from afar and hope that the AFC does well but I can't invest anymore time, energy and money into this stage managed, Victorian bias, joke of a league any longer.

Kind Regards
XXXXX

You forgot the McAdam suspension for no injury, and letting off the other dude for breaking a cheekbone.

Other than that, I'd say sticking phat with the team will make it all the more rewarding once we actually do win a premiership. Port supporters are Fairweather supporters, not ours. We stick through it.

Back in the day I remember getting into trouble at school for knocking on my desk and the teacher went to open the classroom door. :$

Back in the day when I was in yr 11 we were meant to have the "tv room" and a year 9 class came up to the waiting area and the class was waiting by the windows while the teachers talked. Our teacher said we had to go back to our normal class room, so we started hurling desks and chairs and the tv and cabinet all around the room lol. It was nuts for about 45 seconds. As we were walking out the year 9 students were terrified lol. After that the principal stood in the class for a good few weeks when we had that teacher lol.

We would have been playing Carlton at the G on Friday Night in Week 1. :huh:
I believe that the AFL have to turn a negative into a positive.

They need to rename the match “The Black Swan Wildcard Game”

1) It is 5th vs 10th so it is truly the first ever wildcard game (or was that the Carlton Final When they finished 9th?).

2) Since the Old Bloods Spirit would blush at stealing our place in the Finals, why not a combined Swans/Crows team = The Black Swans. Horse coaches the first half and then Nicksy brings the boys home.

3) I realise that this is a bit unfair to Carlton but perhaps they could use a half a dozen Bulldogs and half a dozen Cats in their team. Everyone wants to see The Bont and Danger in September action.

4) I suggest playing the game in Alice Springs or what about Broken Hill? If the AFL really wanted to promote the game then they could hold it half way between Hobart and Launceston and test where the really passionate Tasmanian AFL fans reside.

Or they could just go ahead with the Carlton v Sydney farce.

Back