Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't reckon Sam Mitchell is up to it either... Reckon he is a Nicks level coach at best for them.

Their forward line is atrocious though 100%.
Not sure about that. I think their list is genuinely awful

This game is right up there with that Adelaide VS Bulldogs game from 2016 in terms of one sided umpiring.
I am glad someone brought this up.

Port vs Saints game on friday night was 20 free kicks to 8 Ports way.

I will never forget that umpires name that umpired that Crows vs dogs game in 2016. His name is troy Pannell.

Never forget the free kick count Pannell gave in the 1st 3 quaters of that game. 18 free kicks given. Dogs lead the free kick count 17 free kicks to the crows 1.

I will take it a step further, the league is set up to ensure a Victorian team is in a GF every year.

With the inherent benefit they get with the home game.

Since 2006, last time two non Victorian sides played in a GF, only two Premiers are non Victorian.

Sydney 2012 and WCE 2018.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think it's set up for that, there's been a few chances for non Vic GFs.

2015 Freo choked against Hawthorn otherwise it would have been a Derby GF

2016 GWS lost at home to the Bulldogs otherwise the 2016 GF would have been a Battle for Bridge GF

2020 both Brisbane and Port choke home prelims otherwise it would have been a repeat of the 2004 GF.

Also 2012 and 2023 were close as well to bring all interstate GFs too.

It will definitely happen again soon, it could even potentially happen this year.

I am glad someone brought this up.

Port vs Saints game on friday night was 20 free kicks to 8 Ports way.

I will never forget that umpires name that umpired that Crows vs dogs game in 2016. His name is troy Pannell.

Never forget the free kick count Pannell gave in the 1st 3 quaters of that game. 18 free kicks given. Dogs lead the free kick count 17 free kicks to the crows 1.
Pretty sure that 1 was in a marking contest where we marked it anyway.

No I call it an epiphany, you call it random ramblings but then you talk a lot of s**t.

It’s hard to sort the wheat from the chaff with him

Wasn’t long ago, despite having no interest or knowledge in the game, he confidently declared that no American would even know what Gridiron was if you called it by that name

Here is a screenshot from the recent NFL draft show on Draftkings - a huge gambling and entertainment network

IMG_4002.png

Grains of salt needed with his hot takes, even though I quite like some of his angles

I don't think it's set up for that, there's been a few chances for non Vic GFs.

2015 Freo choked against Hawthorn otherwise it would have been a Derby GF

2016 GWS lost at home to the Bulldogs otherwise the 2016 GF would have been a Battle for Bridge GF

2020 both Brisbane and Port choke home prelims otherwise it would have been a repeat of the 2004 GF.

Also 2012 and 2023 were close as well to bring all interstate GFs too.

It will definitely happen again soon, it could even potentially happen this year.
Ask a lot of dockers fans.

They were more gutted about that 2015 prelim final loss to the hawks than the 2013 grand final loss to the hawks.

A shame freo didnt have enough decent forwards to do it and too many injuries coming into that prelim final. Had freo beaten the hawks anyway, dockers would of lost to the eagles by 10 goals. Pavlich and Fyfe were too injured.

You forgot to bring up 2017 as well. I wanted GWS to beat richmond in that prelim final at the mcg. Crows belted the cats in the other prelim final.

I know he's not a player you would get excited about, but Sam Wicks surely asks for a trade at the end of the year. His team mates hate him. Kicks a goal and not a high 5, low 5 or any sort of acknowledgement anywhere.
Apparently over some dumb relationship drama about being involved with a player's ex. And even then was found to be bullshit.

I guess we often forget these players are not much older than kids.

I know he's not a player you would get excited about, but Sam Wicks surely asks for a trade at the end of the year. His team mates hate him. Kicks a goal and not a high 5, low 5 or any sort of acknowledgement anywhere.
I wouldn’t be opposed to the Crows having a look at Wicks if he leaves, he’s better than the dud duo of McHenry & Murphy in that pressure forward role. He along with his family were big Crows fans, family were originally from SA.

It’s hard to sort the wheat from the chaff with him

Wasn’t long ago, despite having no interest or knowledge in the game, he confidently declared that no American would even know what Gridiron was if you called it by that name

I have no interest in the NFL?

And nobody bloody calls it Gridiron over here. Its football. Occasionally the field is called the gridiron. Its an obscure reference - similar to people calling women Sheila's.

Lots of Australians call it Gridiron. Nobody in the US does.

And nobody bloody calls it Gridiron over here. Its football. Occasionally the field is called the gridiron. Its an obscure reference - similar to people calling women Sheila's.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t be opposed to the Crows having a look at Wicks if he leaves, he’s better than the dud duo of McHenry & Murphy in that pressure forward role. He along with his family were big Crows fans, family were originally from SA.
Didn't one of his family members come on here during the Dawson trade and say Wicks was keen on coming here too?

And nobody here calls it Australian Rules Football. It's football.

But we all know the origin of the name.

You sheila.

And nobody here calls it Australian Rules Football. It's football.

But we all know the origin of the name.

American Football was originally called Gridiron? Nah - it has never been a term to describe the game. Its a term used to describe the field which stopped being used in the 1920's.

The same way Thongs mean something completely different in America - Gridiron is never used to describe American Football.

Our old mate Sanders brings up Michael Lombardi (first his book, then a random screenshot) who is really the only person to use the term and its never to actually describe the sport (His book is Gridiron Genius which is akin to Shane Warne naming his documentary "king of spin").

Plagiarised the logo and all….such a franchise etc etc
That's not even their logo...a few years back they transitioned to, two symbols that look remarkable like the English Alphabet letters 'P & A' but were actually invented by an industry leading hot-shot graphic designer (paid for by the AFL) with the meaning of "HOPE"

I will take it a step further, the league is set up to ensure a Victorian team is in a GF every year.

With the inherent benefit they get with the home game.

Since 2006, last time two non Victorian sides played in a GF, only two Premiers are non Victorian.

Sydney 2012 and WCE 2018.
It's not even a secret. They held an investigation in 2007 into the lack of Vic teams winning the GF.

Nek minnut they win 15 of the next 17 with interstaters being the runner up 9 out of those 15 times. But nah, the league's totally fair and Gather Round is the only unfair advantage that needs looking at.

I guess the crows have no issues trading in players that had entanglements with teammates partners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back