NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Chiminello back to Macleod
Had lots of injuries at West who probably didn’t see the best of him

Looks like West have picked up some handy players. Always hard to lure talent given the geographical impediment particularly with Banyule coming into the league. West playing finals is good for the competition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some big names landing at clubs in division 3. Glad to see the club with the highest attendance rating at the tribunal in 2022 has been given a green light from the league to spend whatever they like in 2023. No salary cap at Waterview Reserve.

Some big names landing at clubs in division 3. Glad to see the club with the highest attendance rating at the tribunal in 2022 has been given a green light from the league to spend whatever they like in 2023. No salary cap at Waterview Reserve.
Who have they lost? I’m sure Delaney was on decent money. Bradford I’ve heard is gone. I’m sure there are others.

A few recruits, besides the ruckman would any be chasing big money?

Couldn’t be paying to much atm surely

Who have they lost? I’m sure Delaney was on decent money. Bradford I’ve heard is gone. I’m sure there are others.

A few recruits, besides the ruckman would any be chasing big money?

Couldn’t be paying to much atm surely
Where is Bradford going? I thought he and the coach mended there problems

I see pre season rolling around for a few clubs

Mernda - 7th November
Stars - 7th
Lalor - 21st
Turtles - 22nd
West - 23rd

Others no official info.

How will the rain effect ground usage? I wouldn’t be surprised to see councils totally cut football clubs off.

Last edited:

Mernda - 7th November
Stars - 7th
Lalor - 21st
Turtles - 22nd
West - 23rd

Others no official info.

How will the rain effect ground usage? I wouldn’t be surprised to see councils totally cut football clubs off.
Banyule Council grounds off limits for footy until mid January.
Is it same for Darebin, Nillumbik & Whittlesea Councils.
Probably not.

Would be handy to know someone who has input to a decent school ground where operated by education department & not council eg. Hurstbridge.

Last edited:

Mernda - 7th November
Stars - 7th
Lalor - 21st
Turtles - 22nd
West - 23rd

Others no official info.

What do people think about training as early as Nov 7?

If the playing group are really keen for it, maybe it's a good thing? If you're not getting good numbers it can become a de-motivator

What do people think about training as early as Nov 7?

If the playing group are really keen for it, maybe it's a good thing? If you're not getting good numbers it can become a de-motivator
Way too early. AFL clubs aren’t even back yet and their season starts before the NFNL. It’s simply laughable

Unfortunately selected clubs start early and it pressures other clubs to start early.

It’s just out of the same coaches manual who run 5 practice matches. Way overdoing it.

I also think it's ridiculous - interested to hear if there is any reasonable counter argument

I also think it's ridiculous - interested to hear if there is any reasonable counter argument
I'd be starting training now if I was a Div 3 club. They have already had a few months of (particularly if they didn't make the finals). Get your team as fit as possible and have a crack at winning a flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back