NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha you sad sad SOAB
He will play a depleated Northcote in a round 2 match when Panton want to get their first W and season rolling. By the looks of their Instagram he spent the whole Arvo / night at the hill with their clubs juniors, helping with training and then joined the senior group. Panton posted that they are closing the carpark next to the rooms to house beer tents, food trucks and marquee’s
Playing against probably the side with the least followers in the league in Northcote, I guarantee they will get a massively inflated crowd purely due to prime train playing. those ‘kids’ that don’t pay entry, need to get to the game somehow, most likely parents. If they do it right they could make a huge day of this and more than pay for his game. If he performs well it’s 100% a bonus, he Clearly kicked 8 and had 25 Disposals on the big stage of playing a public holiday match so is no slob. Credit to the hill for thinking outside the square and good luck to them
I took my kids to the game, and that's exactly how it played out. Great comment.

THats his limit, getting kids through the gate who pay nothing to get in. Good luck to every club that loses out on the reported $$$$ he gets for playing a one off
I took my kids to the game, and that's exactly how it played out. Great comme
THats his limit, getting kids through the gate who pay nothing to get in. Good luck to every club that loses out on the reported $$$$ he gets for playing a one off game.
^^^ kicked 4.3 and about 2 thousand at the game. Great work from a small country club. Eat your own words just ask!!!

Well done prime train great work would be interested to see what panton hill made for day .. 1500 kids out of 2000😂😂😂glad he kicked 4 try div 1
Haha you moron you didn’t make this an argument about whether he is good enough for div 1 you made it an argument about whether it was good for panton hill to get him to play. Without him they lose. Eat your humble pie and say your wrong please

Haha you moron you didn’t make this an argument about whether he is good enough for div 1 you made it an argument about whether it was good for panton hill to get him to play. Without him they lose. Eat your humble pie and say your wrong please
You and the rest of this forum know his wrong. Good work Panton Hill.

SWOOPINGTIME

^^^ kicked 4.3 and about 2 thousand at the game. Great work from a small country club. Eat your own words just ask!!!
PH have always had an issue when it comes to counting. They love a bit of ‘mayo’! My tip is there was probably 2000 limbs in attendance which would equate to about 500 people, give or take.

An absolute impossibility to fit 2000 people around that joint!

Laurimar could be relegation favourites now? That’s a shocking loss and great win by Lower.

I dare say Lowers young side would enjoy the big ground and space to run.

Laurimar no where near as good as people originally thought. Without Patty Flynn too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s odd, he didn’t want a couple of news articles and a farewell game only to pop up at another club 2 weeks later?
Surely cant be serious? Isnt it odd the young bloke cant make his own name he has to follow so dad gets a game and club feels it has to play his son. Is asif its part of tyhe club getting him on board. Hope this isnt true though.

Gary retried announced it to the club earlier this year

Son still playing

Todays Herald Sun

Gary Moorcroft calls time on legendary career after more than 350 local footy matches​

AFL premiership-winner and Northern Football Netball League legend Gary Moorcroft has called time on his career after more than 350 local footy games.

Gary Moorcroft is hanging up the boots … again.

The Essendon premiership star and Northern Football Netball League legend has called time after more than 350 local footy matches and 1300 goals.

The physical demands of senior football and increasing work commitments forced his hand.

Moorcroft, at 47, spent 2023 with South Morang, earning Division 2 Team of the Year honours after kicking 44 goals in 14 matches.

He had planned to suit up again this year as the Lions look to become premiership contenders before pulling the pin.

“I’ve taken on a bigger role at Metal Men Recycling, so that’s the next chapter to concentrate on,” Moorcroft said.

“I might take up golf, that’ll keep my body fresher.

“It’s a little bit frustrating to do the start of pre-season, get through OK, and then after Christmas the body let go.

“I would have loved to have hung around and helped coach but with work, it’s pretty time consuming.”

A three-time premiership player at Bundoora in 2011, 2013 and 2017 and two-time league-leading goalkicker in 2012 and 2016.

Booted 578 goals in 172 games for the Bulls, including a bag of five in his final game in 2019.

While he played four reserve grade games for Bundoora in 2022, he returned to senior football full-time with the Lions last year.

Coach Gary Hall said it had been a privilege to have him at Mill Park Lakes.

“It’s unfortunate but he’ll get around us and support the boys as much as he can,” Hall said.

“His body was taking a toll but mostly his work commitments made it hard to commit, which is understandable.

“It was good to have someone of his experience to help you with tricks of the trade, especially for our forwards, we really appreciate the time he spent with us.

“I think he enjoyed running around with the young boys and he did so well to get his body to last as long as it did, credit to him.”

South Morang recruited strongly, adding the likes of reigning Division 2 Coaches’ MVP Tyrone Leonardis, Kobe and Teague van Zwienen, Kyle Wheatley and James Mellerick over summer.

The club has made an impressive start to 2024, defeating Lower Plenty by 105 points in Round 1 before easing past Watsonia by 26 points on Saturday.

Moorcroft forecast big things for the club in the future.

“The recruiting had been fantastic and they’re off to a flyer already,” he said.

“Hopefully I gave South Morang, some of the younger kids, a bit of nous about preparing for Divvy 1 footy and better footy going forward.

“They’ve got a good young group there and the recruits they’ve picked up should see them take a massive step.

“Potentially, the next three years is going to be crucial.

“Getting the internal stuff right is a big process and the junior side of things is set up really well.”

The crafty forward has also spent time at Silvan in the then Yarra Valley Mountain league, Romsey in the Riddell District and Tallangatta outfit Bright.

For South Morang, Joshua D’Intinosante booted six goals in the win over Lower Plenty, while Wheatley has kicked five and Teague van Zwienen four goals across the opening fortnight.

Todays Herald Sun

Gary Moorcroft calls time on legendary career after more than 350 local footy matches​

AFL premiership-winner and Northern Football Netball League legend Gary Moorcroft has called time on his career after more than 350 local footy games.

The Essendon premiership star and Northern Football Netball League legend has called time after more than 350 local footy matches and 1300 goals.

The physical demands of senior football and increasing work commitments forced his hand.

Moorcroft, at 47, spent 2023 with South Morang, earning Division 2 Team of the Year honours after kicking 44 goals in 14 matches.

He had planned to suit up again this year as the Lions look to become premiership contenders before pulling the pin.

“I’ve taken on a bigger role at Metal Men Recycling, so that’s the next chapter to concentrate on,” Moorcroft said.

“It’s a little bit frustrating to do the start of pre-season, get through OK, and then after Christmas the body let go.

“I would have loved to have hung around and helped coach but with work, it’s pretty time consuming.”

A three-time premiership player at Bundoora in 2011, 2013 and 2017 and two-time league-leading goalkicker in 2012 and 2016.

Booted 578 goals in 172 games for the Bulls, including a bag of five in his final game in 2019.

While he played four reserve grade games for Bundoora in 2022, he returned to senior football full-time with the Lions last year.

“It’s unfortunate but he’ll get around us and support the boys as much as he can,” Hall said.

“His body was taking a toll but mostly his work commitments made it hard to commit, which is understandable.

“It was good to have someone of his experience to help you with tricks of the trade, especially for our forwards, we really appreciate the time he spent with us.

“I think he enjoyed running around with the young boys and he did so well to get his body to last as long as it did, credit to him.”

South Morang recruited strongly, adding the likes of reigning Division 2 Coaches’ MVP Tyrone Leonardis, Kobe and Teague van Zwienen, Kyle Wheatley and James Mellerick over summer.

The club has made an impressive start to 2024, defeating Lower Plenty by 105 points in Round 1 before easing past Watsonia by 26 points on Saturday.

“The recruiting had been fantastic and they’re off to a flyer already,” he said.

“Hopefully I gave South Morang, some of the younger kids, a bit of nous about preparing for Divvy 1 footy and better footy going forward.

“They’ve got a good young group there and the recruits they’ve picked up should see them take a massive step.

“Getting the internal stuff right is a big process and the junior side of things is set up really well.”

The crafty forward has also spent time at Silvan in the then Yarra Valley Mountain league, Romsey in the Riddell District and Tallangatta outfit Bright.

For South Morang, Joshua D’Intinosante booted six goals in the win over Lower Plenty, while Wheatley has kicked five and Teague van Zwienen four goals across the opening fortnight.
One of the best I’ve ever seen at local level. Fantastic career.

Todays Herald Sun

Taken a while to come out I heard about it from a bloke I know at south morang three weeks ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back